Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80964 07/31/11 07:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For those of you playing the home game, the in-jokes are as follows:

Bruce Campbell played both Autolycus on Xena and Bill Church Jr on Lois and Clark.

Xena was filmed in New Zealand, hence why Clark is reminded of New Zealand while walking with Xena through Greece.

Any comments are most welcome!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, it didn't take long for trouble to arrive, that's for sure. I'm glad Lois didn't caught, too, but after seeing how brutal and gory this world, I just know that Clark is going to have a miserable time as a gladiator.

I love that he was able to defend himself with his skill at the drei. However, he's just not a fighter, and that also was illustrated quite well here. I love how protecting Lois was his foremost thought with never a moment given to the idea that HE could be in danger too.

I also like how you pointed out that he doesn't agree with stealing. They are in a bad place, and I'm assuming that if Hercules made the thief give it back once, he can do so again, but I like the differences between the protagonists that Clark's protest showed.

Looking forward to what happens next!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Well, it didn't take long for trouble to arrive, that's for sure. I'm glad Lois didn't caught, too, but after seeing how brutal and gory this world, I just know that Clark is going to have a miserable time as a gladiator.

I love that he was able to defend himself with his skill at the drei. However, he's just not a fighter, and that also was illustrated quite well here. I love how protecting Lois was his foremost thought with never a moment given to the idea that HE could be in danger too.

I also like how you pointed out that he doesn't agree with stealing. They are in a bad place, and I'm assuming that if Hercules made the thief give it back once, he can do so again, but I like the differences between the protagonists that Clark's protest showed.

Looking forward to what happens next!
Didn't take long for you to find this Anti-K! smile Must have caught some good timing tonight. smile

Clark is definitely not going to have any fun for the rest of this fic. It's not a fun world to be living in. laugh

I love the NK stuff, so I work in referrences to it when I can. Plus, with what Ching showed Clark, Clark would have at least a basis for being able to defend himself. But without his powers, he's just not a skilled enough fighter. Of course he's more concernd with Lois than himself. It makes him sooooo lovable!! laugh

Herc's not making an appearance in this fic, but Autolycus is one of the good guys. Herc actually made Auto return the Chronos Stone because of how powerful it was. On the show, Auto stole it to go back in time to fix a burgulary that he botched something like 5 years prior. Herc got sucked along for the ride and wound up meeting his (deceased) second wife - he chose to save Serena by giving up the life that they'd had - she becomes the "best thing that never happened to him."

But Auto really does have a heart of gold. Even if he does steal. laugh

Come back Thursday for more!! laugh

(And I'll be getting to your new chapter tomorrow, as I am off to bed now.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
It's a shame that Lois didn't have a chance to use her martial arts skills in that fight.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
It's a shame that Lois didn't have a chance to use her martial arts skills in that fight.
Well, she got to use some. I'm just not really up on martial arts moves...modern, non-Xena ones anyway. So I wasn't sure I could describe them all that well. But I did let her kick a guy in the jewels. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In some ways, it kind of reminded him of some of the areas he'd seen when he'd been in New Zealand.
I did laugh at this, because that was the one item I knew about the "Xena" TV show.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
In some ways, it kind of reminded him of some of the areas he'd seen when he'd been in New Zealand.
I did laugh at this, because that was the one item I knew about the "Xena" TV show.
laugh Glad that someone got the reference! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is shaping up to be some yarn. I caught a few Xenas so this x-over is quite entertaining.

Please check the IM I sent you.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
This is shaping up to be some yarn. I caught a few Xenas so this x-over is quite entertaining.

Please check the IM I sent you.
Thanks Ken! Glad you find it entertaining. I just sent you a PM back. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What has been posted so far has been very good. When are you posting the next installment?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
What has been posted so far has been very good. When are you posting the next installment?
Thanks so much! Next part will be posted on Thursday.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Xena heard it as well, and was looking intently at the surrounding forest, a slight smile curving her lips, as though she could hear something that no one else could.
The goons, already?

Moments later, Xena jumped back down, followed by a man in a green tunic and black leather pants.
Ooooo Autolycus wave
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - this *might* be a little gorier then the show, but close to on par with the very goriest ones. Besides, I'm the type of fan who gets really annoyed when people are getting slaughtered left and right, but there is no blood on anyone's weapon. laugh

I actually haven't seen Spartacus yet. I need to see if I can Netflix it. blush

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/recommends getting a sponge for the VR-blood and gore that's going to drip out of the TV/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/recommends getting a sponge for the VR-blood and gore that's going to drip out of the TV/

Michael
Blood is good.

(says the chick who sat front row for Evil Dead: The Musical for the sole purpose of getting soaked in Deadite blood - and then proudly walked around the streets of NYC like that)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard