Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80873 07/27/11 06:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Comments welcome and appreciated! laugh

I'll probably stick to a Monday and Thursday posting schedule, for those of you interested in knowing when to check back for more.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sheesh this is complicated. Tempus is a bad boy!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Sheesh this is complicated. Tempus is a bad boy!
laugh But then again, do we expect less of Tempus? devil Glad you are still reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Oh boy... Tempus is claiming to be a god in a world where the gods are real. He's probably going to regret that!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Oh boy... Tempus is claiming to be a god in a world where the gods are real. He's probably going to regret that!
Maybe! Or it could work out quite nicely for him. We'll have to wait and see.... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A nice setup. I'm eagerly awaiting more.

I have only a rudimentary knowledge of the Xena show, basically knowing only that Xena runs around and Gabrielle is her sidekick. I hadn't known anything about Xena's motivations so thank you for including that information.

Clark without powers....this could be bad. Why no powers? Are they in different bodies? Does he really still have his powers, only they are suppressed for some reason?

This fic seems like it's going to be a "road trip", so it'll be interesting to see how our pairs of protagonists get to know each other, how they figure out each others' strengths and weaknesses, and what obstacles they will have to overcome before the end.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
A nice setup. I'm eagerly awaiting more.

I have only a rudimentary knowledge of the Xena show, basically knowing only that Xena runs around and Gabrielle is her sidekick. I hadn't known anything about Xena's motivations so thank you for including that information.

Clark without powers....this could be bad. Why no powers? Are they in different bodies? Does he really still have his powers, only they are suppressed for some reason?

This fic seems like it's going to be a "road trip", so it'll be interesting to see how our pairs of protagonists get to know each other, how they figure out each others' strengths and weaknesses, and what obstacles they will have to overcome before the end.
Thanks Io! I see them being in an alternate diamension where Kryton doesn't exist, which somehow means that Clark's powers don't work. (Cause let's face it, it wouldn't be nearly as fun if he could fly away from the back guys.) devil

It is sort of "road trip"-y but more action-y. I will admit that I might have glossed over some of the "getting to know you" bits in the story, in favor of throwing obstacles in their way.

If that doesn't work and you do want more "getting to know you" stuff, please let me know and I will revise it before sending it off to the archive upon completion of it getting posted here.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
I had to laugh at Clark's reaction to being thought a god! I know trouble is coming, but it might be a good thing if he doesn't have his powers because who knows what these 'gods' would make of that! Though I have to admit that I always love seeing Superman surprise others with the depths of his strength. smile

I'm glad that Xena and Gabrielle are helping, but they seemed to reach that decision very quickly without even any proof that Lois and Clark are good guys or telling the truth. Maybe this is my inexperience with that show and characters, though; maybe they help strangers all the time?

You seem to have captured Tempus's voice perfectly. I can just imagine his grin on getting to claim to be a god. As if throwing Lois and Clark into this different dimension and time wasn't bad enough, now he has to cause more trouble!

By the way, I love how clearly you had Clark explain where they were from. In a lot of stories, it can get very complicated to try to follow the explanations, but that was very simply outlined and very effective.

Still worried about what's going to come next!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I had to laugh at Clark's reaction to being thought a god! I know trouble is coming, but it might be a good thing if he doesn't have his powers because who knows what these 'gods' would make of that! Though I have to admit that I always love seeing Superman surprise others with the depths of his strength. smile

I'm glad that Xena and Gabrielle are helping, but they seemed to reach that decision very quickly without even any proof that Lois and Clark are good guys or telling the truth. Maybe this is my inexperience with that show and characters, though; maybe they help strangers all the time?

You seem to have captured Tempus's voice perfectly. I can just imagine his grin on getting to claim to be a god. As if throwing Lois and Clark into this different dimension and time wasn't bad enough, now he has to cause more trouble!

By the way, I love how clearly you had Clark explain where they were from. In a lot of stories, it can get very complicated to try to follow the explanations, but that was very simply outlined and very effective.

Still worried about what's going to come next!
Thanks again Anti-K!

I particularly enjoyed writing the part when Gabrielle is trying to figure out if Clark is a god, or demi-god, or titan, or what when she hears him talking about his powers. It was very satisfying to write. Will he be able to suprise others with his strength later on? Maybe, maybe not. devil

Actually, it's not a stretch for Xena and Gabrielle to accept Lois and Clark as good guys right away. They travel all over the place and regularly help people out - so long as they don't "feel" like an evil warlord. laugh They never really require any "proof" of a person's intentions. And Xena seems to know every evil warlord under the sun anyway. wink I'll try to figure out a way to make that clearer when I prep this for the archive.

Thanks for the encouraging words about Tempus' voice. It's really hard to capture him without a sarcasm font. :p But I thought he would enjoy being viewed as a god (the Xenaverse gods have a habit of materializing and dematerializing before people, so with the time window...)

Thanks also for the kind words on Clark's explanation of where/when they are from. My mind can't handle long, convoluted explainations, so I went as simply as I could - plus, he's talking to ancient Greeks who know nothing about physics and other sciences. laugh

Glad you are enjoying it. Next part to be posted in a little while!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"If you don't mind my asking, where did you think you were?"
Kansas? Seen any flying monkeys lately?

"It's a long story," he admitted. "But we were...abducted...by an old enemy of ours and dropped off some miles down the road."
Yep, sounds just like your typical damsel and femme fatal of the week. And yes, Clark's the damsel. Also, their jogging wear must look just like sleepwear to Xena and Gabrielle.

"No, that's not what I mean. Shouldn't we be finding a way back home?"
How? Try to shout 'Help, Zeus!'? Besides, the last one who was made lost by the gods traveled the seas for a decade.

"Yes," Clark agreed. "But I don't remember how I did it. I know H.G. Wells left me plans for that, but I can't remember anything about them. That whole trip is still a little fuzzy in my mind.
wave

He sank to his knees and was dead before he hit the ground. His blood soaked into the dirt.
So, god? Kronos, maybe?

But what happens when Clark is captured by gladiator traders?
wave
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you are still with this Michael! Love all the little comments.

Xena and Gabby are probably thinking more like "ok, new weirdos of the week." laugh

They haven't met Herb...you'll see what's tickling Gabrielle's brain soon enough. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard