A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Comments here:

Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute fic clap Loved the word play with date/raisin... and the image of Clark dancing to 'I heard it through the grapevine' was lol

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava! smile1

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was awesome. WAFFy stories are so great!

“OK, you all know I’m not Clark Kent. Something came up and Clark had to leave suddenly and as his partner on many stories in the last year, I’m accepting this award on his behalf. I don’t know what Clark would say if he was up here, probably something much more heart-warming than anything I can come up with on the spur of the moment. Because that’s what he’s good at, that’s what he’s won this award for. Any one of us in this room could have written a piece on that retirement home. We could have found the facts, written the story that lead to improving the lives of those residents so dramatically. But what Clark can do better than any reporter I’ve ever met, is make the reader really feel for the people he writes about. They’re more than just a story, just another paycheque to Clark. He really cares about the welfare of every single person that he writes about and he can make every single person who reads he work care as just as much as he does. That’s an amazing talent, it’s one of the reasons I’m so lucky to be able to call him my partner... at the Daily Planet. Anyway, I know winning this award will mean a lot to him, but probably not as much as the changes made after his story broke did. This,” she held the award up, “will just be the icing on the cake.”
Awww! So well said, Lois!!!

Lois trained her vision firmly on the podium, but from the corner of her eye she watched Clark look at his award in awe and she felt a sense of pride well up in her. Well, if she wasn’t going to win the award, it only made sense that it go to Clark.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is beyond sweet!

However much Lois’ proximity was affecting him, he was sure that his had no effect on her.
For a man with super vision, he sure can be blind sometimes. smile

“...by the hack for his partner!”
rotflol That is SO Clark!

a second he felt incredibly embarrassed, then Lois began to laugh as the people around them started dancing to ‘I Heard it Through the Grapevine’.
Perfect!!!!!!!

Loved the story! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved the second part just as much the first! clap

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sweet! Very enjoyable. clap Thank you!

EvelynC
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aw. Sweet. I love Lois's speech. Spot On! thumbsup With a date like that -- who can cover so well for his disappearing acts -- why would he ever look elsewhere?

I love this:
And with that retort, Lois was in his arms. She almost gasped at the swiftness of that movement.

“Of course,” he murmured quietly into her ear, the vibrations from his voice sending shivers down through her body. For a moment she felt that the only thing keeping her knees from melting was holding onto his sturdy shoulders.
I know everyone else quoted Clark's side of the moment, I liked Lois's. The 'vibrations', the 'melting knees' and his 'sturdy shoulders'... good thing only Clark was affected by the closeness of the moment. wink

What this date needed was an ending kiss... love sigh... but we all know the episode wasn't written this way.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
An adorable raison! Loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Boy does this sound like Lois:

It’ll just look like I’m stealing the limelight. It’ll draw attention to the fact I wasn’t nominated. It’ll be humiliating.”
Love Lois' acceptance speech for Clark.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Her feet also didn’t seem to hurt quite so much, almost as if she was no longer putting the whole of her weight on them.
I love this. Dancing in heels can be agonizing when you're done. Too bad most of us don't have Superman to subtly levitate us afterwards.

A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Lot's of feedback to respond to here. Let's get started:

mozartmaid:
the image of Clark dancing to 'I heard it through the grapevine' was
To be fair, I can't take credit for that. The 'Heard it Through the Grapevine' bit was suggested to me by my beta.

Lynn:
So she is suffering from the agony of 'de feet'?
Groan. laugh
I'm glad you thought the story worth the wait. You'll never know the trouble I had trying to come up with a story with your wants that didn't involve WHAMs or villains - what does that say about me? wink And I'm sure my GE will be happy that you pointed out those corrections, I'm always amazed at how many I miss!

Deadly Chakram:
This was awesome. WAFFy stories are so great!
Thank you. WAFFy without WHAMs isn't something I tend to find easy to write, but, look, I can do it! smile1

DW:
Loved the second part just as much the first!
Yay!

Evelyn:
Sweet! Very enjoyable.
Good.

Virginia:
What this date needed was an ending kiss...
Oh, yes! If only I hadn't been trying to slot it into the episode without completely changing everything. As it was, Clark should have given the acceptance speech, not Lois. Ah, well.

Laura:
An adorable raison! Loved it!
Good!

Joan:
Love Lois' acceptance speech for Clark.
I'm glad the speech worked, it was very hard to get *everything* into that speech that I wanted to without it reading badly.

Iolanthe:
Dancing in heels can be agonizing when you're done. Too bad most of us don't have Superman to subtly levitate us afterwards.
I'd settle for the ability to subtly levitate myself!

Thank you again for all your lovely comments. You guys rock!

- Alisha (and Alisha's cat who was helpfully nudging her fingers on the keyboard as she wrote this)

Kerth
Kerth
I'm horribly late with feedback, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed this, Alisha. Lois's speech was exactly right, and I loved that Clark was willing to just stand in the background and watch her.

It might have taken awhile to come, wink but it was worth waiting for!

Corrina.

A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Hi Corrina. I think this story re-defines 'horribly late', and I'm not sure your feedback qualifies wink ! But thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

- Alisha

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Well, his stiffest competition wasn’t even nominated.”
clap

“No, not the whole time. I walked in when you were denying being Clark Kent.”
laugh I'm not sure if I should say 'Bad Clark' or 'atta boy'.

“...by the hack for his partner!”
Did I already say ' laugh '?

“Oh, yes. There was your little disappearing act as well, wasn’t there? I tell you what Clark, if you make me go through another night like this, I’ll rip out your spleen.”
rotflol Makes one almost wish Clark wins another one. OTOH, next year they will get one together and if Clark vanishes, she's know why. She might still kill him, though laugh

Great story, Alisha. You've got to put a tracker on your muse.

Michael

PS:
I think this story re-defines 'horribly late',
Umm... I'm not so sure... /sneaks away/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Hi Michael. Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it.
You've got to put a tracker on your muse.
Hm. Well, she seems to have decided to stay for the moment, she's even been working on some of my old WiPs eek so I'll try to sneak up on her while she's sleeping and plant a tracker on her. Think it might be easier to just lock her in a cage, though! wink

- Alisha

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A cage? Hmm...

blush Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard