Sorry this is a bit delayed.

Part 3 tomorrow.

Thanks!

Corrina.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great tension. I thought Clark was going to have to spill the beans. Love Lois' jealousy that Clark might be privy to more Superman stories than her. From your intro, it sounds like she's going to put the pieces together soon. That will be fun.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was another excellent part! I also wondered about Clark spilling the beans, but then again, he doesn't know this Lois well (or not better than when he did work with her for 2 weeks in canon).

Also, you brought across the point about how this "new" Superman is still very much inexperienced and looks to Lois for guidance clap I'd imagine that canon Clark would also have been inexperienced and had his doubts about whether he could help and resolve the situation.

Looking forward to the conclusion and just what Lois thinks is Clark's secret - it could be that CK=S or something totally different laugh Either way, the fic has been great so far (as the ending will be too!)

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice tension in this part -- I think you had all of us going as I too thought Clark was going to tell Lois his secret. Looking forward to the finale! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, he didn't tell! Lois is as blind as a bat. It is one of the things we love and hate about her.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't wait to see what's going to happen once Lois gets to Clark. I keep going back to the bit you had as an intro to the story... does she figure it out? Or does she want him as a partner b/c she thinks that's the only way she'll get articles about Superman? I totally thought Clark was going to have to reveal himself. Ready for more anytime! thumbsup

Features Writer
Features Writer
This part was amazing--I loved how you built the tension by showing us Lois's thoughts torn between calling for Superman and watching the news.

I'm so impressed with the way you've portrayed Clark and his absolute, unshakable determination to leave and do what he must.

The lines after he says he won't break his word are some of my favorite, particularly the ending one where Lois realizes that it is, simply, Clark Kent.

I'm off to read the third part and find out how she expects this partnership to work--I'm relatively certain it will be because she wants the inside track to the superhero, but we'll see.

Thanks.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that was quick. Expected to have time for FDK'ing to part 2 before part 3 would be up. Oh, well. And not that I mind. Is there any chance of getting TMTY in the same frequency? clap This reminds me of something I saw/read a long time ago about newly-weds leaving the hotel suite to go to the bathroom. But if Lois's bathroom had a window, it could be the perfect excuse. Did he x-ray it and find it lacking a window?

The last few lines were just great clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I see that part 3 has been posted, but since you haven't replied here yet, I'm going to leave feedback for part 2 before rushing to finish the story. smile

Now, seriously, I can't be the only one mentally yelling, "Clark, enough with the excuses; just leave already!" wink That countdown was amping up the tension, and I couldn't figure out how he was going to get out of there without either telling her the truth or just leaving anyway. But you found the perfect 'out' -- he knew how to contact Superman, and he wasn't going to tell her how he did it. I'm just glad he made the decision with enough time to rescue everyone!

I really liked Lois's rationalization once it was all over. The obvious answer to us -- that Clark was Superman -- never even crossed her mind. Instead, the impossible, huge, massive "fact" that she refused to accept was that Clark *knew* Superman. Really nice misdirection there, and perfect for the timeframe of the story.

Now off to part 3. Whee!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please, Superman. Please come now."
Oh, my! What a quandary you have put Clark in.

Great part!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Joan

I thought Clark was going to have to spill the beans.
Clark was never very good at the excuses - and this is very early in him being Superman.

DW It's true that Clark hardly knows Lois, but he's worked out enough that she's a good person to go to when he needs advice about being Superman!

MozartMaid Alisha said I could include *the* revelation if I wanted to, but I thought it was a bit early for that.

Laura Yes, Lois is blind. But I have never thought that two people in my life could actually be one person! It's not something that happens a lot. wink

Emily I really wasn't sure about that intro scene - wondering if it gave away too much!

AntiK You were right about why Lois wanted the partnership!

Michael

Is there any chance of getting TMTY in the same frequency?
No. Sorry. wink

I did wonder why he hasn't left already.
He's been Superman for nine days. Lifting a single shuttle into space is probably only a matter of strength and balance. Dealing with 300 rioting teenagers with hostages is probably a step up wink

And he knows that if he leaves, Lois will, too.

Kathy Obviously it's hard in a first person story to get across the thoughts of the other person (particularly when the other person has a big secret that the first person doesn't know!)

I figured time wasn't such a huge issue for Clark. He left with about seven minutes to go - for someone with his speed, that wasn't really pushing it.

His issues were what to do when he got there, how to keep Lois safely in her apartment, and how to get out without telling her his biggest secret.

Classicalla

Putting Clark in a quandry is half of the fun!

Thanks, everyone!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard