Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74745 10/22/10 11:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 65

Chris grinned widely as she greeted Clark. "I've heard rumours about you two," she said. "The newsroom was buzzing with gossip about a wedding."

Lois grinned happily. "The gossip is true," she said. "Clark and I are getting married."

Chris flung her arms around both of them. "I'm so happy for you," she said. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," Lois said.

"I'll get us some drinks," Clark said. "What would you like?"

"I'll have a beer," Lois said. "Tonight, I just want to be one of the blokes."

"Chris?" Clark asked.

"Another juice, please."

Clark walked away towards the bar.

Chris turned to Lois with a euphoric grin. "Now I understand why no Hawthorn player could compete for *your* attention," she said.
Thanks!

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part. I do not understand YOUR Clark Kent's attachment to Metropolis.

In L&C canon it was made clear that Clark's attachment to Metropolis was a result of Lois being in Metropolis. I think he really needs to stop and think how much it means to Lois.

He knows he can get work. In an earlier part he was told
"If you want to live in Melbourne, you have a job at the Herald Sun, Rubber," Browny said. "In Sport with us, or if you'd prefer, I reckon the General Editor would be happy to have you in his newsroom."
So clearly he needs to live there. He can easily fly home to visit the Kents and Superman could do with being more of a worldwide presence. So please let him realize that moving to Melbourne is the correct choice.

Perry gets it and is already hard at work replacing him.
"I've suspected since I asked you to come back that your heart was split between Metropolis and Melbourne," Perry said. "I have been chasing two excellent reporters. One of them will arrive next week, and the other is considering my offer of a position at the Planet."
So please let Clark figure it out.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoa! A month before they could get married!? You tease us so-- Interrupting Lois starting to tell Clark her wedding idea was so cruel to your dedicated readers! razz

Now you have to make it up to us; but somehow I am not worried about that. dance

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That wasn't very nice not letting us in on Lois' wedding idea - might it be a beach wedding, barefoot, and a ... colour dress (what colour will it be?).

Good part!

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, you tease you! And don't let Perry make Clark come home to visit Mayson! He had really good reasons Clark should go to Australia.
More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A month confused Hmm... me thinks Lois got something up her sleeve to get them hitched faster.

And Clark's quite set in his hope that she will move to Metropolis and I have no idea which way your story will go. Or rather, the promised epilogue sounds like they will end up in Metropolis, with the whole bringing-Luthor-down thingy.

"Call the editor and find out who this Clark is. She needs him here with her."
Yeah. Right. Can't wait to see this play out hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
For some reason I keep thinking Lois is going to want to get married in her Hawthorn jersey. wink

Great part, looking forward to the twists and turns you've promised before it all gets wrapped up.

Thanks for such a great fic! thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Artemis:
And don't let Perry make Clark come home to visit Mayson!
Haa, I think that is another of her "fake" cliffhangers. Perry won't mention it to Clark, he knows how Clark feels about Mayson. Plus as far as he knows Clark is a full
Twenty-four hour
flight away.

I think he'll simply inform the Nursing staff that
  • "Clark" is out of the country
  • He is NOT her boyfriend
  • He is the Assistant Editor
  • Mayson tends to obsess about work
  • Likely she knows who planted the bomb and wants the byline

The other thing about these "fake" cliffhangers is they also tend to be designed to make Clark feel guilty for something that is in no way his fault.

Framework4
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Framework

There are multiple reasons for Clark not moving - here's one.

Clark Kent lives in Metropolis. Superman is seen mostly in Metropolis. No coincidence there - Metropolis is a big city.

Then Clark Kent moves to Melbourne - a much smaller city in a sparsely populated country. Superman begins to be seen in Melbourne. Suddenly, there is a coincidence. Someone, Perry or Mayson, would be likely to twig.

If Clark is in Melbourne, he would be aware of many more 'jobs for Superman' in Melbourne than Metropolis. He would hear sirens, see things etc. (I deliberately avoided this happening in the fic, but I was surprised that no one questioned about it.) Disasters could happen in Metropolis and he might not know. Over time, Superman *would* be seen more and more in Melbourne and less and less in Metropolis.

Metropolis for Clark is the place where he was finally able to settle. Superman has been accepted there. He feels a commitment to Perry and the DP. He has friends there - Jimmy and others.

And re the cliffhangers - I have to stop the part somewhere. Usually other factors (length, progressing the story enough) take priority over deliberately setting up cliffhangers - particularly those not going anywhere.

Evelyn I didn't want to describe the wedding now, only to describe it again when it's actually happening. It will be in Part 68.

DW No, it wasn't nice - but this way, the wedding will be more of surprise. smile

Artemis I don't think Perry could be convinced to ask Clark to come home.

Michael The month thing is true - you have to advise of 'Intent to Marry'. However, there are ways around it. wink

Elizabeth

For some reason I keep thinking Lois is going to want to get married in her Hawthorn jersey
Now *there's* an idea. Everyone looks better in brown and gold. wink

Thanks so much for the FDK everyone. I'm so glad that you're still reading.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I must admit I google some time back and already knew what the outcome of the vote was, but it was still a lot of fun to read.

"You'll stay here," Clark said.

"I'm sorry, Clark," she said. "I can't walk away. Avoiding the merger is only the first step. There is so much more to be done - and because of the financial situation, much of it will be done by volunteers."

The disappointment hit him hard - which was incongruous with what he'd always known - that if Hawthorn survived, Lois would feel a compelling sense of responsibility to help rebuild her club.
This was bound to happen. We've known for a while that Lois couldn't just walk away from her club if the merger didn't go ahead. Now, with the outcome so close, it's time to say it aloud. Disappointment unavoidable.

They had finally arrived at the fork in their lives - the time for decisions. If Hawthorn merged with Melbourne, it would be easy.

Except ...

The demise of her club would devastate Lois.
Unfortunately, no outcome is perfect. Either Lois 'loses' her Australian family and is free to move to Metropolis with Clark, or the Hawks survive, and they have to put their future life in the States on hold.

She smiled. "Perhaps I should. I'm thinking we should get married on -"
grumble Not nice how you left as without knowing what Lois has in mind!

Clark nodded - and tried not to think about how close they had come to having a life together in Metropolis.
Do not dispair, CK. Where there's a will, there's way.

As for Mayson... You've created such an evil character, that even with her current situation, I feel no sympathy whatsoever. Does that make me a bad person? :rolleyes:

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard