Next Thread
Print Thread
#74694 10/20/10 12:33 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 64

"Clark?"

The ICU nurse reacted abruptly to the sudden sound of the voice as it spiked above the quiet drone of the medical equipment. The patient's eyes were closed and her face impassive, but there was no doubt that she had spoken. "Ms Drake?" the nurse said. "Mayson?"

There was no response.

"Mayson? Wake up, Mayson. Talk to me. Who's Clark?" The nurse gently shook the young woman, but there was nothing to indicate that she was regaining consciousness.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's great to see how you are now tying together all the events in this story as it draws to a close. I am enjoying this story so much I'll be sad to see it end, but at the same time I will be looking forward to the next adventure you create for our favourite pair.

Very much looking forward to the next chapter.

Cheers from across the ditch,
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I could really feel the tension at the meeting. You rolled in all the perspectives --- the shell-shocked board members, the crowd at its tipping point, Lois wrapped up in the vote like the crowd but introspective about tomorrow, Clark as the outsider. I felt all of these, not just whichever-one-you-were (though I can guess).

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very effective writing of such strong and contradictory emotions at the meeting! Awesome job! And we have another wedding coming soon. hyper

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part as usual. A whole 7 days (or more) together! Yippie! Browny's reaction was cute!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"There are probably laws against making love as you drive along the freeway."
/Gets sudden flashes of Charlie Sheen in 'The Chase'./ hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh another fabulous chapter!!! I cant' believe it's coming to the end. Thank you for such frequent updates though!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
You wrote the feelings at the meeting really well - it almost felt like I was there.

And yeah for 7 days with only L&C (though that won't take seven parts frown )!

And dance dance dance dance for you working on another fic!

smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Elizabeth I'm so glad you're enjoying it. There are a couple more twists and turns, but hopefully most things will be tied up by the end.

Amy I wasn't actually at the meeting. I've read the newspaper articles, seen the TV reports, read the history, and talked to many people who were there, so I'm glad it came across as credible.

Evelyn The meeting *was* heated, to say the least! I think the strength of the anti-merger sentiment was a surprise to everyone.

Artemis Seven days ... you'd think the hottest team could achieve a lot in a week!

Michael The merger meeting was sloppy

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Boy, do I owe you a whole lot of FDK... October has been a crazy month and I've managed to keep riding with almost no delay, though I haven't done as well witht he commenting.

So here I am, catching up. I'm enjoying these last few parts of your story incredibly and I thought they each deserved their fdk.

So, on to 63:

"There are probably laws against making love as you drive along the freeway."
rotflol

"Perry told me not to go back to Metropolis for at least a week."

"A week?" she screeched. "A whole week?"

"Yup," he said. During his flight, he'd joyfully anticipated the coming week many times, but the moment he'd looked forward to most was when he would share the news with Lois. "*At least* a week."
I love this side of Clark and how you write it. Just like when he flew to Australia for the rally. He is obviously looking forward to expending time with her, but it's almost as if her reaction and the way those things are going to make her feel were actually the important bit (Not sure I'm making myself too clear here...
)

"This time, it's going to be perfect," Clark vowed. "No green rock, no Mayson, no spandex suits, no Linda King ... and a honeymoon that isn't squeezed into a couple of hours."

Lois chuckled. "Most of those are what you *don't* want. What *do* you want?"
So Clark... And also, so Lois. It's amazing how almost from the beginning of your story, Lois has been able to read Clark like an open book. And even though they've known each other for a short time (how long has it been? Three months? I've kinda lost track of time -storywise) you've managed to make it believable.

But at what cost?

If this were victory, it felt like defeat.
That's probably what those with a clearer mind feel everytime there's a situation where two (or more) sides confront. It's a pitty that things can get to such a place, but then again, when people are passionate about things, it's hard to always keep emotions (and manners) in check

So, on to 64...

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi Cristina

Thanks for all of the FDK!

The story went for about three months - July - September 1996.

I wanted to avoid a lot of misunderstanding, so it worked best if Lois quickly learnt to read Clark.

Emotions were definitely not in check that night ... although it never got physical!

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard