There maybe a certain time before I'll be able to post part 4 (lots of professionnal and personnal stuffs going on). Still, thanks to my BRs (Anna and Saskia) and to everyone on the mbs for your comments so far...much appreciated and a motivation to keep writing.

My apologies for any typos, misplaced commas and grammar freaking things that might have slipped in <g>.

... From Part 2...

“Oh, now that I think about it, it sounds a lot like the Space Rats Christmas we had four years ago...”
“... And Superman was infected,” Martha completed.
“Well, speaking of, Superman is currently making flying loops around an ‘on fire’ and ready to explode oil tanker near the docks. The crew has already jumped overboard. And...wait! Now hejust turned the tanker into some new kind of ice-cream.... I think he’s definitely losing it. Bye Martha, got a story to cover.”
“Bye Lois.”
“Oh, and say hi to Jonathan for me.”
“Sure thing.”

PART 3

“JIMMYYYYY!!!” Lois shouted while putting the receiver back in its cradle.

“Lo...”

“I need you to find me anything you can, documents, files, articles, press releases, on the Space Rats,” she abruptly cut him.

“The Christmas bug thing that occurred…”

“...Four years ago, yep! That one. Chemical components of the yellow stuff Winslow P.Schott used would definitely be a plus. Thanks Jimmy.”

“Got it!” he replied before dashing off to the Planet’s archives.

“Okay,” Lois thought aloud, “it’s not totally silly to assume that if Clark’s regressing to childhood, maybe it’s because someone took a sample of this Space Rats yellow mix before STAR Labs could soak the whole thing out of the dam Schott poured it into. So...”

“Hello?”

“...Doctor Klein? It’s Lois Lane.”

“Oh, Lois I’m so glad you called.”

“I guess that means you’ve been watching LNN lately,” As STAR Lab’s scientist didn’t reply, she went on. “I was just wondering, do you, by any chance...”

“Made up a new sort of Kryptonite, yes. But Cl...Superman wasn’t supposed to get in contact or be exposed to it. I mean, it was just experimental.”

“Look, doctor Klein, I think I have a pretty good idea of what you did. But still, correct me if I’m wrong... by some scientist tricky thing I don’t even want to know about, at least not now, you managed to mix some Space Rats liquid, or whatever you’re calling it...”

“YSUCAP,” Dr Klein provided.

“Huh?”

“Yellow Stable Under Cold Atmosphere Polyacid, not really original, but reflecting the inner nature of the product,” Klein explained.

“Oh. Whatever. You injected or mixed this...YSUCAP with green Kryptonite...”

“Er...green and a microscopic, really infinitesimal bit of red Kryptonite.”

“WHAT?!?!?”

“Which is why you can’t predict how an exposed patient is gonna react. I mean, Lois, this was still on an experimental level,” Klein tried to explain.

“Your turned out my...Superman into some guinea pig and...”

“...This wasn’t supposed to happen. I don’t even know how Superman got in contact with that thing.”

“Okay,” Lois sighed heavily, trying hard to calm down. “So this altered Kryptonite...you still have it?”

“Yes. Oh, now I remember. Superman visited me after one of his night rescues. He was a bit exhausted and wanted to ask me...anyway, at that moment, I was working on the yellow Kryptonite, yes it’s lemon yellow actually, and...”

“Doctor Klein, I’m really not the patient type,” Lois cut in.

“Yes...er...so that’s maybe when Superman got exposed to this...thing.”

“Right. But you can’t tell how he’s gonna react?”

“Well, the green Kryptonite only plays the weakening agent role here, so the yellow, well, the YSUCAP infects the subject. The red Kryptonite...”

“Stop. To make it short, you wanted a glimpse into Superman’s childhood...consider yourself served.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You don’t know? Well, from what I’ve seen, he’s going back to his years...at super speed,” Lois explained.

“Oh God! This wasn’t, I mean, the original idea was to use it as a cure against red Kryptonite.”

“Well, seems it was really the experimental step, then. Any idea how to find a cure to your ‘cure’?” Lois doubtfully asked.

“Working on it. Seems I just have to stabilize the red Kryptonite component. Thanks for enlightening me, Lois. There’s a good deal of chance, I might have it ready around 24th, or as a Christmas present. I’ll let you know about it soon.”

“Bye, Doctor Klein.”

Lois cut the line before nervously checking her watch and making another phone call. After five unanswered rings, a familiar pre-recorded message greeted her.

“Hey, you’ve reached Lucy’s estate, which means I’m not available at the moment. Leave a message after the beep and I’ll call you right back. *beep*.”

Lois couldn’t resist a little teasing. She took her best erotico-reassuring-air-hostess-like voice as she dictated her message.

“Good afternoon miss Lucy Lane, this is your wake up call. It’s currently 2.45 pm…oops, 2.46 pm now. The date is still Dec, 22nd, 2003 and the ground temperature is…you don’t even wanna know. You’ve successfully achieved a 4.46 sleepy break. It’s not much, but that’s what you can expect when choosing the nightlife style. Besides, you can go back to sleep as soon as you picked up that goddamn phone, for I’m fed up playing airport hostess’s voice. Lucy? Are you there?…Luce??”

“It’s me! Thanks for waking me up, sis’.”

“You’re welcome. So…how about dinner at Mike’s tomorrow night?”

“I can’t tomorrow, I’ve some work to catch up with before going on vacation.”

“On vacation? I didn’t know. Where?”

“In Aspen. Steve’s parents have a chalet there and…well, let’s say it’s at our disposal next week.”

“You go skiing with Steve. So soon? I mean, you only know him for what, a month maybe and…”

“A month and a half, and Lois?”

“Yes?”

“I appreciate your concern but, this is my life, so stop mothering me.”

“Oh. Right. But you’ll always be my baby sister, can’t help that. So, tonight at Mike’s? Say, eight?”

“Perfect. I’ll meet you there.”

At this point of the story, you should have a clue of who the murderer is, even if there’s no corpse yet. No? That means I have to write a little further? Darn! Just when my muse went on vacation….okay, then…

Lois sighed with contentment as she moved her last classified file on her desk’s far right corner, just on top of her ‘done’ pile. She checked her watch with renewed determination, hardly repressing a smile.

<6.00 pm>

Pushing her chair away she turned off her desk lamp, and reaching for her coat and purse, she discretely headed to the staircase and sneaked out the Daily Planet. The newsroom was still crowded at that time and no one noticed her wile… Well, almost.

Someone crossed the pool and entered the conference room. Closing the blinds, the person reached for the only phone around and quickly dialed a number. Within seconds, a familiar voice answered.

“Yes?”

“She just left the Building.”

…tbc…

Last edited by LabRat; 05/10/14 09:25 AM.