Print Thread
#71165 04/19/10 08:01 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
peep Part 11 awaiting comments.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“Is there something wrong?” Lois asked. She knew it wasn't some of their best work – no corroboration or background research and no quotes from the investigating officers. But it wasn't bad for what it was either – a straight telling of the events in the bunker from the survivors’ point of view.

“Nothing wrong,” Perry said. “I’m just surprised that someone outside the Planet staff would know our style so well. It reads like the byline should be Lane and Kent, not Alexander and Alexander.”
Only Lois and Clark would respond to a request for an interview by writing the story themselves. notworthy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOVING IT!!! Seriously. I love that Henderson is involved with xfiles type stuff, sooo awesome!

Can't wait to read what happens next!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“So, you do believe him,” Lois said. She slipped the necklace over her head and tucked the gem beneath her shirt. She noted that Clark did the same.

Henderson gave her a sardonic grin. “I just called her ‘Kent’,” he said, nodding in Clark’s direction, “and neither of you thought that was strange."
I love Henderson! He's a cop with unexpected depths. I'm glad you brought back that he was an adept - wasn't that mentioned in one of your other stories you published last year? It makes total sense that Henderson would have a line on "non-traditional" policing methods.

“Or being female was something I needed to be for a while,” Clark suggested.
You know, that's a very interesting idea.

There was also a smoothness and ease to their collaboration that went beyond what she was used to as well. She was making corrections almost before Clark had to say it.
Is it that Kryptonian telepathy?

“You know perfectly well that Lois and Clark both considered you and Jimmy as part of their family."
Very true. Poignant. I wonder if Perry actually knows or if he suspects and just thinks it's too crazy even for Lane and Kent.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story Dandello, just caught up with the whole thing. More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I've missed this story! The reality of the funeral is somehow more sad against the truth of their new reality. I am very interested to see where this is going!

Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's fun to see elements from WWS appearing here.

I'm with Iolanthe on the telepathy stuff. Wonder how much is Kryptonian, and how much is because of the soul/body stuff they have going on.

Also, this appears to be the first time a Lois chose a male body. Or maybe it just seems this way because of Loisette, Lulu, and Lori Lyons...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
It's fun to see elements from WWS appearing here.

I'm with Iolanthe on the telepathy stuff. Wonder how much is Kryptonian, and how much is because of the soul/body stuff they have going on.

Also, this appears to be the first time a Lois chose a male body. Or maybe it just seems this way because of Loisette, Lulu, and Lori Lyons...

Michael
Well, as Lori, she would have chosen to come back female because Clark was already there. As for the others - either Clark has multi-life fixation on being a macho male type or Wells has a serious gender bias against identifying a Clark in a female body.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point. Should be fun, though, if Tempus ever tries to mess with LnC laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/bump/

Michael blush

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Michael! Bump this up! Where is more? I want more!

(whoops. Forgot to say "please".)

Blogger
Blogger
So intrigued... bump!

Kyla
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Adding my bump.

I had almost forgotten this story, and I regret it. I am not a big fan of "soul transference" or "past lives/reincarnation" stories, but this tale intrigues me. I'm eager to see how it plays out.

At first I thought that Lois and Clark would somehow get switched to their original genders, but now I'm not so certain that will happen. it would be a very different ending for our favorite couple if Clark ended up literally having a baby with Lois. I think I'd pay real money to see that.

Real money to me, mind you, not to our government.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard