Print Thread
#70351 03/09/10 02:25 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love. laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I'm sure enjoying this! I wasn't sure if i would - but the way you have it written, it's quite entertaining and very believable. Looking forward to seeing the reunion! I'm sad that Superman is no longer frown Hopefully you have a solution for that.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting that Henderson could recognize Lois, even in a male body.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I might have Henderson explain it at some time - it was process of elimination - he had met some of Mamba's other clones and knew they were childish and rather stupid. Mister Alexander was neither.

Asabi was certain the soul transfer had actually taken place which meant that two of the three possibles (Superman, Lois, Lex) had transferred and Henderson already suspected that Lex hadn't made it - the two in the canisters were moving around when Lex was killed and it was they he was threatening to destroy.

Therefore the person in Henderson's office was either Lois or Superman and he wasn't acting much like Superman. Lois no doubt had 'tells' that Henderson noticed in Mister Alexander as well.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't think I'd want to play poker with Bill Henderson. If he can pick up tells that quickly, he'd take all my money in a hurry and probably my shoes as a bonus.

Perhaps the authorities can convince Asabi to 'assist' Clark and Lois in switching bodies. At least then they wouldn't have all the gender confusion issues (although Lois seems to be adjusting well, despite feeling breezes in places she'd never even had before).

I wonder if something of Superman's essence didn't get trapped in the body Lois is in. She noted that she could see individual dust motes floating in the sunlight coming through the window, and she also felt much better than she ever had. Of course, some of that might be the difference between a larger male body grown for physical perfection and her own, which was very nice but not perfect.

And Lola's still around. Hmm. I wonder if Lex lied to her about her limited life span? Maybe something can be worked out with Mamba and Asabi, like growing cloned bodies of Clark and Lois and sliding them back into the new bodies? It's a thought.

Very interesting premise, Dandello, and very good extrapolation so far. I wonder if Martha will have any opportunity to help Clark - er - 'adjust' to the peculiarities of a female body before this whole situation gets resolved.

Although that might be as much fun as seeing Lois get used to a male body.

I just thought of something. Lois doesn't seem to be suffering any more effects of the amnesia or brain trauma she'd had. It appears that her (for want of a better word) soul and mind have been placed in this new body and the old injuries aren't affecting it. Interesting metaphysical twist.

More soon, I hope.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I had (sort of) implied in Game, Set, Match that Lois's memory/amnesia issues had been compounded by drugs. The new body didn't have those drugs in its system, therefore Lois's memory issues were 'cured'. Something else to be mentioned in the next section.

And I think Lois would adapt to a male body a little better than Clark would to being female - Lois has gone undercover as men and although this would be an extreme case of going undercover for her, she does have some familiarity with the differences in body language and attitude.

Clark, on the other hand, has probably never even considered actually going undercover as a woman.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark, on the other hand, has probably never even considered actually going undercover as a woman.
Hmm, do we have the beginning of another fic there?

But please don't let me sidetrack you--I love what you are doing with this one!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap This is great fun!

I, too, wondered about Louis seeing the dust in the sun rays.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a stupendously brilliant fic! I am so jazzed reading it that I was literally clapping when Henderson figured it out!

Looking forward to reading how and or if Lois and Clark get their genders back, at least.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard