First, a huge thanks to those who gave me feedback and comments on part 1, that was more than appreciated. Hope part 2 won't deceive you.

...from Part 1...

To: loislane@dailyplanet.com
Subject: Re: I need to talk, doc thing (the gorgeous one?)
Date: 21 Dec 1999 10:27:50

Hey Sis!

I’m fine! I’m just back from Rebecca’s party, you know, I told you about it. And when I say just back, I really mean it! Oh, just for your record, Nick’s yesterday’s news. It’s Steve now!

You’re more than welcome, even for the ficus… and don’t worry, I won’t tell Clark wink Still, what d’you mean by “acting strange”? Fear nothing, I won’t analyze him either, but LOL on your thesis subject prop! I might give it a try.

About your appointment, don’t go paranoid on this, I’m sure Dr.Pezzoni (aww, then it’s the librarian looking one <g>) is getting a bit overzealous, that’s all. Dinner at Mike’s has potential and I’m really curious about this thing you wanna show me, so… name the date and the hour, and I’ll be there!

‘night, er…morning…Cya

Love, Lucy

PS: Call me as soon as you’re back from your Doc, it’ll make a good wake up call!

@@@

Lois couldn’t help but smile at her sister’s reply. She checked her watch. Five minutes and Clark still seemed caught up with Superactivities.

<He’ll join me at the City Hall,> she decided, before resolutely heading to the elevator.

*** Part 2***

Around the same time, Northern part of Metropolis.

“How does that stupid thing work?” Ellen Lane wondered, still hesitating on how to open her Internet device. After a while, and re-reading the user’s manual for the seventh time, she was finally able to go to her email account and practiced sending a few of those electronic messages that seemed to be so ‘trendy’ and used these days.

@@@

To: loislane@dailyplanet.com
Subject: Hello?????
Date: 21 Dec 1999 10:45:16

Lois, this is Ellen Lane, your mother.

I left dozens of messages on your voice mail (house and office), but it seems you were too busy risking your life on some weirdo crime investigation to return my calls.

I just wanted to let you know I got Internet installed at home, which means I can write to you, and as you now have my email address, maybe you’ll answer... for a change.

Oh, one more thing, don’t forget to lock up your door once you’re back home. I heard the weirdest things were happening yesterday. Seems another wacko escaped from Metropolis Jail High Security Quarters. He was put there because he liked dissecting his victims in order to measure the length of their intestines (I think I might throw up).

Bye for now,

Your Mother.

PS: I’d like to hear from you soon...VERY soon!!!

PPS: I’ll be at my friend Maggie’s for lunch. Then I have this AA meeting and I might consider going out tonight. There’s this guy, Alfredo… never mind.

@@@

Ellen’s wish was granted two hours later. Back from the press conference, Lois was once again checking her email while Clark was picking up some Chinese take-out as lunch material.

@@@

To: Elane@aol.com
Subject: Well...hello.
Date: 21 Dec 1999 12:45:02

Hello Mother.

I’m glad to learn you have Internet, but... don’t you have other persons to write to, other mailboxes to flood with your “mail account testing stuff”?

> Inbox : 6

I mean, I’m glad to hear from you, but was it really necessary to send me the same email six times?

You called? Well, I never got the messages. Maybe it has to do with the burglary we faced at ho...er... the story I’m currently working on. As for the office messages you supposedly left...I never had them either.

THERE’S A PSYCHO KILLER ON THE LOOSE!?!?! When did that happen? How do you know? No, don’t tell me, you’ve been reading the Star again. Well, do they have a picture of this ‘intestines’ guy?

Waiting for your reply,

Your daughter, Lois.

PS: if you ever reply, could you send only one message? Thanks in advance.

@@@

Smallville, Kansas, lunchtime.

A blond and white haired lady was efficiently packing a suitcase. After making sure she hadn’t left anything behind, she headed downstairs to take care of some unfinished business before she left for the airport.

<But first, email Clark.>

@@@

To: clarkent@dailyplanet.com
Subject: Your overbearing aunt.
Date: 22 Dec 1999 12:45:02

Don’t you ever think of denying it, I know it’s the usual nick your parents are calling me after.

Anyway, my *dear* nephew, I’m giving a lecture on ‘tomorrow’s farm produce industry’ at Metropolis Convention Center on Dec. 23rd. This is the perfect opportunity for me to drop by at your place and say hello...that, and finally being able to meet your charming wife Louise.

No need to protest, I’ll only stay a few days and I’m delighted to spend Christmas time with you. Plus, I already booked a dinner table at ‘Chez François’. Meet you both there tomorrow at eight.

Your aunt, Sylvia.

@@@

To: sylviakent@ dairyplanet.com
Subject: Er...you still there?
Date: 22 Dec 1999 13:00:00

Aunt Sylvia???

Glad to hear from you, but *Lois* and I can’t make it tomorrow night. We’re having a pajamas and pillow-fight party. Feel free to join us at eight.

Your *only* nephew, Clark.

@@@

A rather perplexed Sylvia read the caustic reply over and over. This wasn’t at all the Clark she remembered. Okay, it has been 5 years since she’d last saw him. But even her exuberant nature and steam roller temper lacked her for a while. Quickly recovering, she forwarded her nephew’s reply to the only person that could probably enlighten her on the subject.

@@@

To: marthakent@ smallvillecrafts.com
Subject: I just got the weirdest...
Date: 22 Dec 1999 13:05:00

...email from Clark, are you sure he hasn’t got insane or something? Read this:

Sylvia.

> Aunt Sylvia?

> Glad to hear from you, but *Lois* and I can’t make it tomorrow night. We’re having a pajamas and pillow-fight party at home. Feel free to join us at eight.

> Your *only* nephew, Clark.

PS: I was just inviting him and his wife for dinner in Metropolis (yeah, I’m giving a lecture there) and... Can you please tell me what this means? Especially the ‘feel free to join us’ part.

To: sylviakent@ dairyplanet.com
Cc: loislane@dailyplanet.com
Subject: Clark
Date: 22 Dec 1999 13:15:12

Dear Sylvia,

I didn’t know you were spending Christmas time in Metropolis. As a matter of fact, Jonathan and I will be at Hyperion Avenue too on 24th and we’ll be delighted to meet you there.

I honestly don’t know what’s wrong (if there’s anything wrong) with Clark, but this pillow-fight party thing doesn’t sound that intriguing to me.

See you on 24th,

Martha.

@@@

After hitting the send button, Martha grabbed the phone and dialed a number. After a few rings and still no answer, she hung up and tried another number. The reply was instantaneous.

“Lois Lane?”

“Lois, hi honey it’s...”

“Martha! I just got your email.”

“Good. That’s why I’m calling. Is there anything wrong with Clark? Did he have special and bizarre duty calls lately?”

“Not that I can think off. Funny you say that, ‘cause he’s really acting strange lately...”

“Strange?”

“Yeah. First there were the balloons and the stuffed grizzly bear on my desk for no apparent reason, then the Dinky Toys reference... Oh! I almost forgot: he’s not walking to his desk but hopping to it. Next time he’s gonna draw a hopscotch in the middle of the newspool. And now this pajamas and pillow fight-party I wasn’t even aware of. I know it’s Christmas time and everything, and you may have noticed I’m not particularly fond of this time of the year, but regressing to childhood looks a bit radical to me, even for Clark. Martha, would you mind...”

“Jonathan booked us two seats on the next flight to Metropolis after I got Sylvia’s email. See you tomorrow dear, arriving at seven.”

“I’ll pick you up at the airport. By the way... could you tell me more about this aunt Sylvia?”

“Er... believe me, you’ll know about her soon enough. See you tonight, dear.”

“Oh, now that I think about it, it sounds a lot like the Space Rats Christmas we had four years ago...”

“... And Superman was infected,” Martha completed.

“Well, speaking of, Superman is currently making flying loops around an ‘on fire’ and ready to explode oil tanker near the docks. The crew has already jumped overboard. And...wait! Now hejust turned the tanker into some new kind of ice-cream.... I think he’s definitely losing it. Bye Martha, got a story to cover.”

“Bye Lois.”

“Oh, and say hi to Jonathan for me.”

“Sure thing.”

...tbc...

Last edited by LabRat; 05/10/14 09:24 AM.