Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Any thoughts?

Features Writer
Features Writer
yeah.... Beth can you put them back together some how. But I have an feeling that some characters that I don't like are going to pop up in this story. thumbsup

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
eek Yikes! Kryptonite jewelry! At least Kal is among good friends when he is exposed. Hopefully, they will figure it out quickly.
I enjoyed the interaction between Kal and Lois in her room. Hmmm, he thought about leaning in to kiss herm but she was the one to jump up and walk away. Dangling the carrot, Lois? wink

~Mel~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
deleting extra post - sorry

~Mel~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
If there is Kryptonite on Earth, doesn't that mean that Krypton has been destroyed and Kal has no home to which he might return? If so, it means that his reluctance to speak of Krypton is from his terrible loss, not just his being away from home. No wonder he doesn't like to speak of it. It's too painful.

It's nice to see Kal adjusting to human culture, although I wonder if he understands that American culture isn't the only one on the planet and what he learns from the Kents won't necessarily translate to other cultures. And his interaction with Lois certainly won't translate! Those two need to get together on something other than just exchanging youthful memories, even though that's important too.

I wonder if Kal will help Lois reconcile with her parents somewhere down the line? That would be nice. And I doubt that Jonathan or Martha would be upset by that. They're some of the least selfish people I've ever seen in popular literature, and you write them very well.

And I think it's great that Lois has found in them the surrogate parents she needs. She can depend on them to support her and love her no matter what she does. Even if she does something stupid, they'll still love her even while they help her to correct her boo-boos. Wonderful people, these Kents.

And I'm glad that Kal/Clark has made some friends of his own and that he can see a young family dynamic at work. It was cute that he was driving a toy car on his own knee as Adam was using his shin as a road. It shows that you know about little ones, and that Kal isn't too proud to play with children. After all, our kids will pick out our nursing home, so we'd better treat them nice.

Good reader incentive at the end, too. How will Kal react to the green K? How long will it affect him? What will Brian and Marli tell Adam? Next post soon, please.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love this story and its unique perspective. I look forward to more and more.

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cups were passed around, and Kal took one. He had gotten to the point of eating and drinking socially, although he still never bothered to consume anything when he was at home.
Yes, that's important Clark. Only consume food during social events. It's the alone eaters that are in trouble. But in case you take a liking to it, you could ask Lois out as a pretense to get more food help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
ACK! Get back here!

I really love this story.

More soon please!
Amber

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard