Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK for both goes here smile .

Thanks for joining me on the ride! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

I *finally* sent the edited OTOH off to betas [yes, there were that many edits]. I've also started working on Someone Else's Dreams - which comes after Unanswered Prayers [the sequel to OTOH]. I have the first 10 chapters done as well as about 5 more from later - guessing it's going to be in the 25-30 range. Once I get back in the swing of it, I'll start posting a couple times a week - if anyone's interested of course wink .

Thanks again!

Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww! Yay for Trask being dead, and everything being resolved! And now we know why the pheremone supposedly affected Clark, too. laugh Brava!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, that was a sweet and lovely ending. Don't get me wrong, but I enjoyed seeing Clark so helpless, and Lois taking care of him, and the two of them snuggling in bed together. <happy sigh>

I liked the explanations and clarifications, too, where Jonathan explained why he had called Trask those things, and where Lois and Clark talked about how to deal with desire when Clark was under the influence.

And then the epilogue! I know that someone had already figured out about the red kryptonite in Eureka Springs, but it was nice to have it confirmed. Imagine, Lois got sprayed with pheromone, and Clark was affected by Red K - simultaneously! No wonder they rushed off and got married and made a baby together!

It was sweet that they named their firstborn after Eureka Springs! (And after the military man who saved Clark's life, of course...)

By the way, nice name for a place where Clark and Lois saw the light of their love, even if it took pheromones and kryptonite to give them their epiphany! smile

And Clark asked Lois to take advantage of him, and they wore Superman underwear - that was perfect, too! sloppy

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

What Ann said.

I love it!

Natascha wave

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Glad to know for sure about the red-K. It's interesting how that one piece always has the same effect, even though different pieces affect him differently.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
A very cute and sweet tale.

I kept expecting an evil Carol evil dead drop at some point. I am delighted to be wrong.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Thanks for the great ride and blush to working in all the answers that have come up laugh

"I talked to Lucy," she said suddenly.

"How's Jimmy?"

She smirked. "Married."
huh

He stood and walked towards her. "In a safe place. That way if I ever forget how much I want you, you can use it to remind me."
huh

Michael, now wondering what you have in story for SED. And *when*. At least a guestimate? Please? Pretty please?

grovel

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great story. I loved seeing how nothing had changed, ten years later.

Kerth
Kerth
Lovely ending.

I was worried when Trask and co showed up, but the four of them outplayed him completely.

The epilogue was a great touch.

Fantastic story. Thanks for sharing it.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, Carol! This whole story you've been taking Season One and putting twists and turns in it. So we think we know what's coming but we don't. You did that to great effect with Ezzie. Very nice.

And I love that it was Lois's idea to be Mrs. Lane-Kent. Another little twist on what we've come to expect.

Noo...I don't think anyone will want to read your next story. /searching for the sarcasm icon/ wink

A little off-topic: How do you decide whether to have your betas go over your edits for the archive? I've been editing Forward, etc., but I haven't made major changes. Mostly just a paragraph of more detailed description here and there or a line or two to clarify a point. And it's all one story now with three acts. So I was thinking it could go straight to a GE, but I've never done this before so I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the happy ending. dance

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww happy sigh...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was just wonderful! clap

For all the great things here, this caught me completely off-guard:
"How's Jimmy?"

She smirked. "Married."

"What?! He got married?!" Clark gasped.

She nodded. "To Lucy."
thud

The final part and the Epilogue were a fitting end to a great tale.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yayyyy happy ending & epilogue!

Thanks for the ride, and as always, I can't wait for the next ride!!

dance dance

Smashing story,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This was indeed a fun story. I think my favorite part was snarky Jonathan, a character we don't often get to see. And the "ice storm of '85" explanation of his expanded vocabulary was inspired!

Do work on the next one in the series! You have a terrific touch with these characters and I'm ready for some more Carol-fic.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto all the other comments. It was a great take on their history and the Epilogue was cute for answering all the questions. My only fear is a kid named Ezekiel with superpowers! Oh, the poor guy! goofy
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A fun story. It was enjoyable watching them fighting the inevitable as their true feelings kept peeking through the longer they were 'exposed' to each other.

To bad about having kids though wink .

Tank (who thinks he'd have a hard time naming a kid 'Zeke' no matter what the circumstances)

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hi Carol,

I managed to download the entire 19 chapters and read them in one go. I love the story! A good premise for their meeting. And love the use of the various episodes. smile

Lote

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey everyone!

I had hoped to get on today and respond properly but I don't know that it's going to happen. I've been so sick since yesterday [and had sick kiddo before that frown ].

For now, I'll just say thanks and will hopefully bbl with a better response.

Carol [who did send Happy Girl an email...]

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - feeling much better today smile .

Karen - thank you! Dead Trask is always a good thing!

Ann - Snuggly is good yes? /happy sighs/ I knew it was the red K all along, but it was only a couple weeks ago that it hit me - epilogue - duh! as a way to explain it to the reader smile .

Natascha - thank you smile .

Elisabeth - my understanding was that each PIECE affects him differently but on the show he never encountered the same PIECE in more than one ep [but within each ep, that piece affected him the same way], so it made sense to me that this piece would always affect him the same way.

Patrick - I'm hurt. I'm beyond hurt. Evil? Me? What EVER made you think that? /me looks for wall to duck behind

Michael - Yeah - had to find a way to work Jimmy/Lucy in there wink . I contemplated posting SED 1 today. I've got the first 10 chapters done but probably wouldn't be able to post 2 until Monday so... Next week? Unless you guys want 1 now even if 2 may be next week... I even worked up a summary of OTOH/UP yesterday. I won't tell you how long that was...

Amy - thanks smile .

Corrina - thank you!!

Happy Girl - we went through about a dozen E names [or more] in IRC one day while I was trying to find one but needed some valid reason for them to pick it besides being an E name and so Ezzie was born wink . Contemplated making the girl Abigail Rebecca or something for AR [Arkansas] but...

Laura - glad you liked it!

Bob - hehe. I love Lucy and Jimmy - heck I wrote a whole fic about them that I think about 5 people read but I loved so... wink Glad you liked it!

JD - next ride coming up soon! Glad you liked it!

Terry - snarky Jonathan was fun to write - I may have to find him more often [random side note: should I be worried that my 1yo son has put a tiara on himself? Sorry he just came walking out here...]. I must admit that the ice storm was Cat's idea... See note to Michael re: SED...

Artemis - hehe - that didn't even occur to me wink . I kind of like the name Zeke but not enough to use it myself...

Tank - glad to have you. Believe it or not, given my recent history, at least one of my next couple WIPs doesn't have a pregnant Lois...

Lote - wow! All at once?! I'm impressed! Glad you enjoyed it!

Well, as I mentioned above Someone Else's Dreams [the OTOH/UP sequel] will be posted soon. Hope to get Ch. 11 started today. Need to figure out exactly where it's going - have some general ideas and some stops along the way but need a more specific map [like driving from San Diego to Maine and knowing you have to stop in OKC and Indianapolis - in between you have options...].

I'm going out of town this weekend - without kids!!!! We're going to St. Louis and 2-3 Cardinals/Rockies games. We're even staying at the Hilton at the Ballpark [or whatever it's called] and hoping to take a tour of the stadium, but I'll not be online. DH is taking the next 2 days off cuz we have a lot to get done before we leave [friend is staying here with the kids]. It's been 2 years since we had a weekend away - I was 7mos pregnant with DS and waddling through downtown St. Louis in TORRENTIAL downpour the 5 blocks from the stadium to our hotel was not fun. Looks like it should be pretty dry this weekend though wink .

Anyway, thanks again everyone! I appreciate all your feedback! Off to the archive it goes!

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... I think I'm going to do the heretic thing and vote for next week. I still have enough stories to catch up on and I do believe Carol-fic without a week in between is a much better treat. Otherwise, nerves are going to make things a bit dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard