carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next post: Thursday [will likely include epilogue smile ]

Chapter 18 Preview
Lois pulled the blanket up over him after he got comfortable. "Good night, Clark."

"Good night."

She turned and headed to the hallway, stopping when she heard his voice behind her.

"Don't go."
Thanks smile .
Carol [who is almost done editing OTOH *again* and then can send it off to betas [yes parts of it need betaing again :p ] and then Labby]

Merriwether
Merriwether
Stupid Trask, he'll never learn, will he. Apparently not, since he doesn't know those big words! :p Well, from the preview we know Clark's not dead laugh so now we wait! I do like the crawlways to the shelter.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Great part. Love the idea of secret passages clap
Thanks for the definitions. I'm afraid I needed a couple of them. blush

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ooh - trask strikes again. love how you tied him in to growing up in smallville and having an agenda...love the kissing too!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love how incredibly happy and relieved Lois was when she saw that Clark was alive. There can be no doubt that she loves him now, can there?

But hey, where is Rachel Harris when you need her?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great beginning wrap-up. I loved the underground railroad reference.
Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*yay* Happy ending is just a part away.

You know, Carol, I was scared during the green-K references. One can never know just how far a pregnant Lois is from those nasty glowy things smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was really great. It was really engaging and creative how you brought in the elements of the Underground Railroad and Trask's upbringing. The name-calling got a little over the top, but what can you do. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I have to jump in here and admit that I found the verbal thumping of Trask by Jonathan out of character. Jonathan strikes me as a talk-softly-take-action kind of guy, even with someone he hates. It's true that Jonathan is smarter than a bigot like Trask assumes, but I don't think he'd feel the need to show off about it. If he's stepping out of character in order to distract Trask or rile him up so that he makes a mistake, I think that needs to be made more explicit. thumbsup

Now, Lois. You've watched enough Ivory Tower and read enough trashy romances. Don't you realize that what a guy says when under the influence is *more* likely to be what he really feels, not less? So take the guy at his word. He loves you! He wants to stay married! Get a clue! laugh

Looking forward to the last part. dance

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow poor Clark. Well I hope the next scene is sort of like the show and that Trask is dead. Nice vocabulary lesson. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, thought it was just a little embarrassing that Jonathan called Trask all those names. I thought Jonathan was demeaning himself by talking that way. Then again, what can you do? What could Jonathan do? He couldn't just lie down and die, so he had to oppose Trask somehow. And he didn't have many options. Yes, I wish Jonathan could have put up a more dignified fight, but I don't blame him for not coming up with anything better.

I find it harder to understand why Trask didn't kill Clark and Jonathan right away, when he had them at his mercy. A man like Trask is paranoid and wants to cleanse the Earth from aliens as soon as possible, so why wait? I can see that Trask thought that he might lure Lois out of hiding by leaving Clark alive for a while and using him as a bait, so that Trask could kill Clark's offspring, too, not just Clark himself. But if I were Trask, I think I would consider myself capable of finding and killing a scared pregnant woman, and I would regard her husband as a bigger threat. If I were Trask, I would find it more logical to kill Clark right away and maybe leave him lying on the ground where Lois could see him, which may lure her out just as effectively.

But then again, I'm certainly not asking Carol to put on her Spock ears and have Trask kill Clark and Jonathan right away just because that would be more logical! smile

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
How can you possibly wrap this up in one part? Unless, of course, there's a sequel down the line...

I'm interested to see what the ending brings!

Amber

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves

Hey all! Here we go!

Karen - no Trask never learns... wink Would I really kill off Clark?!

Games - hehe - I had use the thesaurus to make sure I got good words...

Sarah - Thanks smile .

Ann - Rachel? Why would Rachel be there?

Artemis - thanks! Not sure where the inspiration came from but Cat helped reassure me it was reasonable smile .

Michael - But if I'd done that 14 or so chapters ago there wouldn't have been a story wink .

Amy - will see a bit of the explanation for that later.

HappyGirl - Well [and maybe this wasn't clear], he was being held at gunpoint - what else was he supposed to do?

Laura - thanks.

Ann - just curious - how exactly does one put up a dignified fight with a maniac with lots of guns? Trask didn't kill Clark right away on the show either. Here at least, he also thought that Superman had taken over Clark's boday - my thinking is that he doesn't think killing Clark will kill Superman, he'll just find a new host but if Clark's body dies [from Superman's continued weakening by K] then that's different. Not sure if it makes any logical sense but Trask isn't exactly logical smile .

Amber - Nope, no sequel planned, but an epilogue...

There's a couple areas that need tweaked on the next part so will do that then post smile .

Thanks again!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ann - just curious - how exactly does one put up a dignified fight with a maniac with lots of guns?
Well, I can't think of a way! Which is what I was trying to say, I guess...

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hehe - sounds good to me then wink .

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard