#63675 05/22/09 04:47 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Probably Sunday but may be Monday or Tuesday as we've got family in town all weekend for the holiday/bday party.

Chapter 17 Preview
The look on Clark's face and the stark fear in his eyes had shocked her. She'd let him tell her what to do and hadn't really fought him on it. The look on his face had compelled her to do what he said.

But now... If there was something going on, she wasn't going to sit idly by. She'd do her best to help if she could.
Yes - this one is finished now! WOOHOO! I'm working on editing OTOH [again! :p Have added a whole chapter so far :p :p :p ] and hope that editing that and then Unanswered Prayers will lead to finishing Someone Else's Dreams which comes after UP in that continuity. Guessing it's about half done though not all in order...

Anyway - Thanks!

Off to clean the house :p . Would rather be playing!

Ah well...

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*yay* FUN!

There's one thing I didn't get. One moment Lois was all for hauling Clark off to the next available bedroom and as soon as she knew he wasn't himself, she was worried about him taking things too far. But what would have been the worst that could have happened? They make love and Clark realizes the next day that Lois hadn't really had to option of not taking advantage of him. huh

And now you put Trask in here? With a pregnant Lois? Hope she stays far away from any sort of green-glowing crystals. wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay for puppy-dog Clark. I'm glad Lois finally got the strength to stop him, even if it did take Martha and Jonathon being there. laugh And uhoh at the ending!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! The plot thickens!
More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
great part! so is this trask? anxiously awaiting the next part

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it love it love it! (Well except for the ending <g>)

Natascha

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Oh, goodie! Lois is going to see how much she really means to Clark and they can stop dancing around the fact that they are married and are going to stay that way.

I love that the Kents have secret hiding places in their farmhouse. I guess years of paranoia (is it really paranoia if the government actually is out to get you?) would lead to that, but it's the first I've seen it in a fic. But it makes sense that parents who were afraid of "Them" taking their child away would think about hiding him. Of course, Jonathan should have hidden Wayne's pretty rock in one of them instead of in his tool shed... wink

Looking forward to the wrap-up.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
Loving it.

It's like a roller coaster ride - full of ups and downs, some of it you recognise and some you don't. But it's fun guessing what is coming next.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I get it, Michael. She didn't want Clark to do something that HE would regret later. She wanted him to be treated with as much respect as he treated her. However, she knows how aggressive that she was and doesn't want to be treated with that level of aggression--it could hurt. And it would kill him when he came to his senses.

BTW, I don't think it's a secret hiding place. Our attic access is behind a door in the closet, too--but of course the door is in the ceiling. laugh

Elisabeth
who is intrigued by the ending

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good points, Elisabeth, but Lois wasn't aggressive, just persistent. As far as actual aggressiveness goes, they seem to have been the same every time they made love, with or without the pheromone.

I just don't feel like her worries are consistent with the rest of their behavior over the past few hours and their previous experiences. huh

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
There's one thing I didn't get. One moment Lois was all for hauling Clark off to the next available bedroom and as soon as she knew he wasn't himself, she was worried about him taking things too far.
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I just don't feel like her worries are consistent with the rest of their behavior over the past few hours and their previous experiences.
Lois's mood changed when she realized Clark was "under the Influence".

One minute she is with a man who just showed her great respect and is making it clear that he loves her and wants her. The next minute she has realized that he "under the Influence". This clearly left her doubting Clark again. I'm sure that somewhere in her head she is worried that Clark is only attracted to her on a sexual level.

With only two parts left, clearly there will be a sequel. The only question is how evil will the cliffhanger be?

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Michael, I was a little disappointed that Lois suddenly didn't want to make love. Oh well... and who is trying to kill her, I wonder?

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey everyone smile . Am going to reply here and, if I have time, post the next chapter smile . I ended up getting the kids ready for church this morning then slept for another 3 hours and don't have to leave quite yet.

Michael - I'll address the 'taking advantage of' thing below. Trask? Are you sure?

Karen - gotta love puppy dog Clark wink .

Artemis - thanks!

Sarah - why does everyone go to Trask?

Natascha - hehe - you know you love it! wink

Happy - the door/storm shelter will be explained in the next chapter. And yes, showing the green rock to Clark wasn't one of Jonathan's brightest moments...

Female Hawk - glad you're enjoying it!

Elisabeth - yeah, most attic accesses are in the ceiling, I think, but I've seen actual doors etc...

So... Michael, Elisabeth, Patrick, Ann, anyone else wink ...

I don't think it was that Lois didn't *want* to make love, just as Clark *wanted* to make love to her the night before, but that would have been taking advantage of her. He could take off to 40000 feet and keep an eye on her to make sure she was okay from there. Or even if he wasn't Superman, he could have left and watched the apartment from across the street or something. Lois can't just remove herself from the situation. If she leaves, he can track her down in no time. She was left basically unmolested by Clark [I say basically because he didn't *just* fly off - there was some more making out after that but not much more] while under the influence of something and he deserves nothing less from her.

If he had taken advantage of her [or not Lois and Clark but any other couple because we FoLCs TEND to be sort of okay with them sleeping together while under the pheromone influence because it's Lois and Clark but we also expect Clark to ward off her advances because he's Clark], we'd think he was a cad etc. So is it, in general, not okay for the guy to take advantage of a girl in that situation but okay for a girl to take advantage of a guy?

I think if neither of them had realized that the other was under the influence, it would be one thing, but once they did, there was a responsibility not to take advantage.

Lois didn't think he would force her but at the same time, even without being Superman, he's in much more of a position to force her than she was him simply by being bigger/stronger than her. He *could* have, but it's not in his nature. I think she was wise to a. not take advantage and b. keep others [M/J] around to make sure that the pheromone didn't change Clark's personality so much that he would have - that hopefully if it did change him, his parents would have been enough of a deterrent to stop him from doing whatever.

Anyway - I've expanded/expounded/whatever enough and now much go help DH with kids after church before heading out for pizza. Not sure that was all coherent, but... Will try to post later today but no guarantees...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If he had taken advantage of her [or not Lois and Clark but any other couple because we FoLCs TEND to be sort of okay with them sleeping together while under the pheromone influence because it's Lois and Clark but we also expect Clark to ward off her advances because he's Clark], we'd think he was a cad etc.
Actually, he only wards them off until he snaps and if Lois isn't fine by then -- that's tough luck.

I think if neither of them had realized that the other was under the influence, it would be one thing, but once they did, there was a responsibility not to take advantage.
/Mopes around/ But it's a romantic LnC fic huh huh
Are you going to try again, soon? grovel Pretty please? /Puts cherry on top/

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm still reading, still enjoying.

My thoughts on the pheromone influence: Given the fact that they are married, along with Clark's statement that he could spend the rest of his life making love to Lois and be perfectly content, I can't really see Lois giving in to his advances as "taking advantage" of him.

That said, I enjoyed the scene as written. You managed to making it sexy, funny, and embarrassing, all in one.

Please come back soon and post Part 17!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I see your point, Carol. Lois stops Clark not for her own sake, but for his sake, so that he won't feel guilty afterwards.

Now where's part 17?

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Vicki - I see your point, but they're also not really in that kind of relationship at this point. If say, S4 Lois said something to Clark like 'honey, if I ever get sprayed by pheromone again...' or something, that would be one thing but...

Ann - more coming up!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard