#63495 05/13/09 09:25 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Probably Saturday, finals are tomorrow so got to finish all that stuff up. If I get another chapter done between now and then, I'll post Friday but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one :p .

Chapter 14 Preview
"Perry offered me a job."

"That's great."

"As your partner."

Her head snapped up. "What?"

"He offered me a job as your partner."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, you really did have her sleep next to him again hyper

It was only a few seconds before he'd decided that not leaving her was part of the whole 'if you need anything' thing. A minute later, he slid into the bed, careful to keep a reasonable difference between them.

That effort was foiled when Lois moved back to settle in against him. Of its own volition, his arm went around her and pulled her closer.
He really doesn’t have a chance at all, does he?

Clark found himself sitting straight up in his bed, alert to any signs of danger or intruders or...

Lois.

She was gone.
O-oh eek

A thought suddenly occurred to him and he turned towards the Star.

There was activity in Preston Carpenter's office. Hovering high overhead, he felt no moral compunction about eavesdropping.
o-oh eek

This time it was his jaw that dropped as Linda walked in the room.

*~*
"Is the bitch taken care of?" she asked.
*~*
Wait; what now? huh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
whoa - totally not expecting this, but its great, of course. very curious about the ending....

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok either Perry's talking about himself in the third person, or Jimmy or Lucy is with her...

Or Carol is being evil and setting us up for some hell to be announced (HTBA).

Linda being arrested was a large bonus.

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I assumed it was Clark filling her in on the details till he walked in. So now I'm guessing it was Lucy.

Lucy is seeing the interaction between these two. She already told Lois that she believes Lois has more feelings than she is admitting and now being able to watch Clark and his continued actions, she'll have some things to say about that.

Again delightful part. And I loved the added bits on Linda.

Framework4
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think it's either Jimmy or Lucy, but Carol could prove us wrong. And awww at the apartment scene, and yay that Linda is in jail! And wow, you made her worse than the show. lol laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very cool to throw in the twist of Linda being in on it! You've got me going along, saying, yup, that's this episode, and that's this episode, and BAM! smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Somehow I think she's sitting with someone male and not fatherly. It could be Lucy or Jimmy, but it doesn't feel like that. Maybe it's Jimmy, Henderson, or Uncle Mike. Dunno.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
By the way, one little quibble: I'm glad that the thug talks so grammatically, using a proper adverb. But don't you think that he'd say, "Breathe deep" instead of "Breathe deeply"? He must be an educated thug.

Now, back to regularly scheduled commentary:

Yeah! Who *is* Lois talking too? Good job on leaving it so frustratingly undefined. And good job on rushing through the events of the episode and getting back to the angst between our characters.

Why can't they just communicate? Have they ever had time to sit down together and have a long talk about what each of them wants? Have either of them ever told the other what they want? Oh no, they just keep assuming that they know what the other person thinks and feels! I'm so frustrated about it! (Good job with the fic to make me get that way. You are the true Queen of Evil. And it's Evilness based on just mundane conversations!)

(That was supposed to be a compliment.)

OK, I'm hoping for more, real soon!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked their progress right up until Clark woke up alone. What is it with these people that they never wake up when one or the other of them slips out of bed?

I share the frustrated confusion about who the mystery person is in the hospital. I guess it could be Lucy but that doesn't feel right. Even though this person includes the line "Perry's proud" the use is consistent with a person humorously referring to themselves. So, I vote Perry and will cross my fingers.

I was so hopeful when I read:
"Clark," she said quietly. "Come on in."

He held out a bouquet of wildflowers. "These are for you."

"Thank you."

He glanced between the two of them.

"Um, Lois, can we talk?"
I was hoping that this talk would be him opening up about his feelings. But based on your preview, this talk is going to be on much more mundane matters.

Oh, well. The weekend isn't that far off.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! Nice quick wrap up of the Preston Carpenter thing. My bet is the beside person is Perry.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I, for one, have always thought Linda escaped rather conveniently in The Rival. Far more appropriate for her to be involved and consequently get caught!

I just want them to take enough time to get to know each other. I understand why they haven't felt comfortable enough to be completely honest with each other, as they barely know one another, but I would love to see them have that time together. Either that, or one of them just take a risk and open up.

Looking forward to more!
Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for not leaving feedback for some of the previous parts... but am loving the story more and more...

So my guesses for who Lois is talking to before Clark comes in: (1)her doctor (2)Lucy (3)Perry suffering from MPD or...?

Or it's a typo (j/k, sorry) wink

Because apart from Clark, Lucy and Perry, no one else knows about the baby, right?

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey everyone - thanks for the feedback smile . Have thought long and hard about a couple things...

That said - the last couple days have been insane so no writing done frown . I am going to post shortly but no real energy to give real fdk here smile .

So just thanks and look for Ch. 14 in a bit...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard