Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
This one ended up being a little short, but the next one is a little longer than average so I figure it all evens out. What do you think?

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked the progression. Kal continues to become more comfortable with life on earth and is starting to open up to Lois, like when he teased her during their Thanksgiving meal. This, however, had me wrinkling my nose:
Martha pretended not to notice when Kal didn’t take anything.
I don't quite understand Kal's hang up with eating. I get that he doesn't want to take something he doesn't need, but if he's learned anything about the many earth cultures, it's that sharing a meal is a lot more than just filling your stomach. Food is love. Especially at Thanksgiving - appreciating the food is one way to show our gratitude for the bounty. I would think that because Kal has spent so much time with a farmer, that this would be apparent. It must be that dense molecular structure getting in his way wink

I did like his sudden awareness of Lois. Bring on the UST!

Oh, dear. Nightfall. How traumatic will this be for Kal, to see his second home threatened with complete destruction.

More soon, please.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
At first, I thought, "Oh no, not Nightfall!" But then I thought about it a little more, and maybe this is what's going to force Kal to open up about Krypton and what happened. So that would make Nightfall a good thing.

I liked the Thanksgiving scene - they may be unconventional, but they are definitely a family.

More soon please!
Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Thanksgiving-bit was sweet and I really start to wonder where you're going to be taking this not-eating thing.

Loved the tension and Nightfall was a complete shock from Kal's hasty escape.

Looking forward to part 14 jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward to Nightfall! Maybe a little amnesia will crack open the mystery that is Kal...

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please, please, please let Kal realize that hitting the thing 'head'on is one of the stupidest things he could do!

If he were to just nudge it 1 or 2 degrees off it's current path, it would miss the planet entirely.

I still think that my idea could have worked with this. No reason for the people of earth to know, but I can see your point that it would just be more of a stress than he could possibly handle.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*FINALLY* More Wits! hyper

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard