carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next post: Thursday evening

Chapter 9 Preview
Lois slowly came to realize that it was morning.

And that she was alone.
Thanks smile .
Carol

#63041 04/28/09 03:01 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Huh, I was thinking someone was going to regret it in the morning. Maybe? Though it sounds like Lois is going to freak. And Bruce instead of Lex? Interesting. smile

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#63042 04/28/09 03:17 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
nice. very nice.

#63043 04/28/09 03:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Now, *this* is more like it. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
#63044 04/28/09 05:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Riveting! Heh, I'm supposedly on the clock at work, so thank heavens my php software is still downloading because I finally came out this part, and did one of these:

Oh my god I should have clocked out ages ago!!...oh I'm still waiting for my new software. :p

Great, great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#63045 04/28/09 05:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Carol. wave

I finally got here. I've had trouble finding reading time but I was able to get all caught up tionight. I love the story so far.

For this part I like the wohle Clark-gives-the-theater-story-to-Lois approach. It's very in character and I can't think of a better way to prove to her that he is serious about putting her interests in front of his own.

I loved the dance and was caught completely off guard by Bruce Wayne. I have to admit that I enjoyed it when Mayson got pushy and Clark left her standing.

And finally, the whole scene in the apratment from Lois being upset, to the air-dance and finally to the more personal activities, was just absolutely wonderful. wallbash

Bob

#63046 04/28/09 05:42 PM
Blogger
Blogger
All I can say is WOW!! smile1 The ending loved it. Now Bruce Wayne did not see that coming but think of all the possibilities. angel-devil Can't wait til the next chapter.

Shanabear504
#63047 04/28/09 08:20 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I second the WOW!!!!! Carol, I have really been reading, but I haven't had the energy to comment somehow. But I just totally loved this. No Lex at the Orchid Ball (or whatever it was called - I can never learn that name) but Bruce! Hmmm, interesting. And Clark brushes Mayson off!!!! Way to go, Clark!!!! smile1 jump

Ann

#63048 04/28/09 08:36 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bobbart:
<strong> But your preview has me worried. He should have been there when she woke up. huh Maybe Clark is in the other room making breakfast.

But I'm with you. Everything is going so smoothly that I'm getting worried.

This is Carol, if she is letting things for Lois and Clark proceed like this then it follows that she is setting us up for something truly evil.

I'm worrying that Zara is about to show up and whisk Clark away and while he is gone saving New Krypton the Nightfall asteroid will hit killing everyone on Earth. Clark will return to find a dead planet with a three mile thick cloud of dust.

Framework4
#63049 04/29/09 03:53 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I sure didn't see that coming!

Thank you for dealing with Mayson in such an efficient and decisive manner.

I love that Clark air-danced with Lois! He's really being himself with her - for once he's not hiding anything.

And I have to say again that I love Lucy! Lois needs her around.

More soon please!
Amber

#63050 04/29/09 04:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Maybe Clark is in the other room making breakfast.
I hope I'm just being overly paranoid. But... well, this is Carol. When swimming these waters one must always ask, "Those fins in the water, are they dolphins or sharks?"

Bob

#63051 04/29/09 04:44 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
And now we find out the reason that neither of them has taken the time to find a lawyer. laugh

We slept in the same bed last night, not for the first time,
I loved Lucy's warning about Lois taking Clark's story and also Lois' confession to Lucy. I can't tell if it was intentional or not, but it shows that this Lois and Lucy have a more mature relationship than in the show.

Whatever else Clark Kent was, he wasn't a hack reporter. But he was going to give her the story. What did that mean?
So Lois thinks about it, but we weren't given a clue to her conclusion. I hope you revisit this.

Interesting turn of events to replace Lex with Bruce Wayne. It makes me wonder if it's for plot or for fun. Oh, and I enjoyed the Mayson brush-off, but felt that Clark acted a little bit out of character with his final response to her. Mayson didn't seem particularly catty about her questions (although admittedly too intrusive), and Clark's response and him walking away from her seemed overly harsh.

I also loved the dancing on air. Lois tried so hard all night to keep up a barrier between them, but Clark wouldn't let her. And she finally gave in.

How long is this story going to be? A vague estimate would be ok, I just need to fortify myself against how much angst to expect.

#63052 04/29/09 04:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I assumed that Clark is off pulling one of his "stunts." They do need a reason to invent Superman. Only this time they can do it *together.*

I also love that Lois sees right away what a good writer Clark is. She's nervous about trusting the "too good to be true" aspect of Clark, but she's not seeing him as a loser at all. That's refreshing.

#63053 04/29/09 06:04 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by BJ:
I enjoyed the Mayson brush-off, but felt that Clark acted a little bit out of character with his final response to her. Mayson didn't seem particularly catty about her questions (although admittedly too intrusive), and Clark's response and him walking away from her seemed overly harsh.
I disagree. Look at the context. Clark is wearing a wedding ring and Mayson
kept trying to move slightly closer than he was comfortable with.
That alone deserved being abandoned on the dance floor. Mayson's questions were not simply too intrusive, they clearly had an agenda.

Sorry but a woman with an agenda is dangerous. Just as in canon Mayson saw something she wanted and went after it.

It would have been safer if Clark had been less open. He needs to learn to answer those type of questions with questions. As it stands Mayson asked a series of leading questions all very clearly focused on getting Clark to say "ignore my ring".

Framework4
#63054 04/29/09 06:29 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Originally posted by Happygirl:

I also love that Lois sees right away what a good writer Clark is.
I couldn't agree more! And not only did Lois see Clark's story-writing skill, but she decided that she shouldn't take advantage of it - she shouldn't steal his stories, even with his permission!

I loved seeing Lois like that! clap

Ann

#63055 04/29/09 06:35 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with Framework4 on this one. smile

The first rule of a committed marriage is to run, not walk, from any member of the opposite sex who is even the least bit out of line. A lot of affairs begin as 'platonic' friendships that are inappropriately intimate in a personal, but not an overtly sexual, way. Mayson's behavior is exactly the thing that should send up giant red flags for any married man. And we know from the show that Mayson does not take subtle hints.

This is why it's so significant that both Lois and Clark have left their rings on. They are letting the world know that they are off limits, even if they haven't necessarily admitted it consciously to themselves. (Well, Clark probably has, just not Lois.) I love how Clark is slowly winning Lois over just by acting like what he is--her husband. cool

#63056 04/29/09 09:20 AM
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
WOW Amazing!!!!! I agree with everyone on this -
Bruce Wayne - So-oo much better than Lex razz Oooh - does that mean we get to see Batman? and perhaps he is the one to help create Superman? Can't wait to see how you are going to have Superman created....
And, oh yes, great put down for Mayson - never liked *her* either! I mean, Clark is wearing a wedding ring. That is so bad.
I loved the dancing-on-air to Fly Me to the Moon. (which is fast becoming one of my all time favourite songs wink ) sigh.
It was so like Clark to give his story to Lois, but I am glad that she didn't take it. Clark is really such a sweetie - it won't take long for Lois to be head-over-heels. It has already started clap clap

#63057 04/29/09 09:24 AM
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Forgot to mention - Thankyou for the link for the dress - wow it is *gorgeous*
I had pretty much got the picture from your description, but to actually see it in your link - just beautiful! sloppy sloppy

#63058 04/29/09 10:08 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whatever else Clark Kent was, he wasn't a hack reporter.

But he was going to give her the story.

What did that mean? She pondered that as she headed for the bathroom to get ready.
Yeah, oh just what could it mean confused clap

He allowed her to walk ahead of him, his hand finding its way to the – bare – small of her back. The warmth radiating from that spot was almost enough for her to turn around, drag him back to her apartment and have her way with him.
Yes, yes, good idea /nods vigorously/

She waited for her moment. "Bruce Wayne. Why haven't you returned my calls?" she said loudly enough to be heard over the conversation din around the room.
eek sad

"I can line dance, too. I can two-step and Tush Push with the best of 'em, but I learned this from a Nigerian princess. She'd studied in England..."

His voice trailed off as she pushed away from him, turning away and heading for the doors to the balcony.
Aren't we a jealous mommy tonight ?

Just one.

One little kiss.

Before he set her down.

She shifted slightly in his arms as he walked into her room – 'accidentally' letting her lips graze his skin.

He turned towards her and his lips were right there...
Hmm, would be nice if they were to make good use of the empty apartment. But you probably sent Lucy off to cavort with Jimmy so Clark can sleep on the air mattress.

She moved towards him, her lips settling lightly on his as he lowered her feet to the floor. She left her arms around his neck, looking up at him.

"What was that for?" he asked softly.

She shrugged. "Wanted to." She rested her head against his chest, hoping he would just hold her for a minute.
Awwwwww...

One kiss turned into two.

Two kisses turned into three.

Three kisses turned into...

They both lost count.
confused really? You're not really going to...?

She kept her eyes closed as his fingers came up and over her shoulders, still hooked under the spaghetti straps.

"Are you sure?"
You are shock wildguy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#63059 04/29/09 10:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was way too warm and fuzzy to be a Carol fic! Really nice chapter.

I'm with everybody else thinking that Clark's out of the room making breakfast. I'm really liking this angst-less fic (secretly hoping that chapter 9 is not the start of impending doom smile )

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard