Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
As you would have seen, I'm borrowing a lot of storylines and plot points from S1, but I'm just using them however I see fit. They're not going to follow the order of the show or anything else.

What do people think?

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
That he should act instead of think?

Yeesh. I think these two should end up together before the story ends, but here and now? Bad idea. Kal isn't fully acclimated to Earth yet, and Lois has no idea what having sex with her will obligate him to do. He might view it as a permanent mating and bonding ritual, he might view it as a pleasant way to pass the time, or something in between. She doesn't know!

Of course, this is also the first time he's been hit directly in the face with Lois' sex appeal. And that's a pretty hard shot to absorb, even for Superman. The next chapter should be very interesting.

Very interesting, indeed.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This fic remains one of my favorite stories currently posted oon these boards! clap

With my own leftist political tendencies, I have to applaud Kal for his natural aversion to making rich people richer while others have a hard time making ends meet:

“Kal, is it the toys themselves that bother so much, or is it the profits gained from their sale?” Jonathan asked suddenly.

“The profits,” Kal replied. “My image is being used to fund the rich, who certainly don't need it.”
clap

I was moved by how Martha reacted when Kal asked her to manage the Superman Foundation:

Then, obviously finding something he approved of, he spoke. “Could *you* take care of the funds, Martha?”

Surprisingly, Martha felt herself tear up at this question. Ever since she had married Jonathan, having children had been the one thing she wanted most of all.

That hadn't happened.

But he had chosen her.

Because he knew her.

Because he trusted her.

Because he relied on her.

“Yes, Kal,” she whispered, her voice not strong enough to be any louder. “Yes, I would love to do this for you.”
That's lovely and deeply moving.

I loved Lois's observation of the four stages that a reporter goes through on a slow news day!

So this was going to be your version of the Miranda perfume episode, was it? That took me by surprise, because I hadn't anticipated it.

I liked how you showed us how Lois's realization of her attraction to Kal took hold gradually.

Lois snapped her head upwards, shaking it a little. Where had that thought come from? There was nothing romantic about their relationship. Kal was from Krypton, and although Lois could certainly see why someone would be attracted…

She paused to fan herself a little. Was the heating system malfunctioning again? Her face seemed flushed for some reason.
At first Lois doesn't even realize why she is blushing! clap

But after a while reason flies out the window, and the only thing that remains is Lois's overriding need to be with Kal.

“I've been waiting for you to get home,” she spoke in a husky voice.

“Oh. Well, here I am. Lois, why are all of the lights turned off?”

“To help set the mood,” she murmured, drawing a finger along the collar of his shirt. The one she was wearing, of course. Not his own. “Do you like it?”

“Well, it is nice, I suppose. Although electric lights provide a steadier source.”
This gave me such a laugh! Unlike practically every other woman I know, I don't care much for candlelight, and I choose electric lights over candles almost invariably, except sometimes on Christmas. I could most definitely sympathize with Kal here. It was interesting to notice, too, that Lois didn't care much about whether or not Kal liked her candles. She was feeling romantic, so she was going to have her little tryst with Kal her way. And never mind if Kal didn't know they were having a tryst! It is really quite obvious that Lois's attraction is of a rather selfish kind!

What is going to happen now? Are they going to have sex or not? To me the most pressing question is this one: Will Kal stop trusting Lois now that she has more or less "attacked" him? Oh, that would be so sad! And if that happens, what will it take for Lois to regain Kal's trust?

Looking forward to more!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I couldn't help but laugh during that last scene. Lois is trying to set the mood, and poor Kal is so clueless. I have seen this part of the L&C story done many times but always with Clark knowing that he had feelings for Lois before. I can't wait to see how it goes with a clueless version of him. Just how much of an education is she going to give him? wink What is this going to mean to Kal who grew up in the strict Kryptonian society?

~Mel~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Beth.....Your an tease LOL!! He's going to do it watch. laugh goofy

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ha! Kal is in for a rough 48-hours. laugh I agree with others, though, that he's not quite ready for a physical relationship with Lois, so I hope he doesn't give in. Maybe if he'd already acknowledged an attraction to himself, but definitely not while he's still got such a tight reign on his emotions. Darn that Kryptonian influence! grumble

I thought you did a great job of painting the scene of seduction in Lois' apartment, too.
She uncrossed her legs, and Kal’s eyes were automatically drawn to the skin she was showing. The light from the candles danced across her bare thighs and suddenly, Kal understood why the candles were considered to be romantic.
Oh, dear. Clark/Kal is a goner, isn't he?

Eagerly awaiting the next post.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, did I mention that I love PML? party Poor Kal, he has no idea what he's in for. So, you are going to post part 9 tomorrow, right? Please? Pretty please?

Michael

PS: The bobbing head and Kal's reaction was hilarious lol

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I loved the mixed-up canon. That's always my favorite way to do L&C.

I loved the four stages of a slow news day.

I enjoy a good PML story, but this is certainly an example of too much, too soon. There will definitely be a fall-out from this one.

Elisabeth
who wonders what the New Kryptonians would think about cold showers

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Oh goodie! A S1 smashup! With a not-quite Clark.

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this.

And I'm becoming more and more curious about what happened to Kal-El. There is some serious history to be explored there. Mostly I just want him to learn to confide in Lois. It's a great reversal - Lois has had Martha, so she has learned to trust (at least a little), and Kal is the one with all of the walls.

More soon!
Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EEP!!!! eek eek

Let Kal be valient!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow, look at all the feedback!

I had a lot of fun writing Lois' seduction scene, and I'm glad that it came across well. The cultural differences that Kal faces is a big interest to me and although he won't see as many surprises now that he's been on Earth for a while, he'll still see a few. wink

Ann, you make an interesting point about Kal losing trust in Lois. No matter what the outcome of this, things are going to change between them now that Kal has realized his attraction to Lois.

Michael, I wish I could post more often, but my school schedule is just not allowing me to get much writing done so I have to go slow to try to preserve my buffer.

Thanks everyone for letting me know what you think. Look for the next part soon!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard