Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for reading and leaving FDK smile I’ll admit I was quite happy to see the story happened to have this particular scene in this particular place. It made for the perfect break between parts 2 and 3. And it wasn’t planned at all. angel-devil Honestly. I started to look for part-breaks after I was halfway into what’s now part 3.

The posting schedule still looks the same smile
Part 3 on Sunday before 10 a.m. ET
Part 4 on Tuesday before 1 a.m. ET or after noon ET
Part 5 on Thursday before 1 a.m. ET or after noon ET

Preview
Zara looked like she was going to be sick, and after a moment Ching answered. “Zara has lost contact with Kal-El.”

“What?” Lois felt a cold fist around her heart. “What do you mean, ‘lost contact’?” She glared at the other woman.

“There was intense pain.” She took a deep breath. “And then he was gone.”

“Nonononono, this can’t be happening now.” Lois felt tears welling up in her eyes. “He can’t be dead.”
Part 2 / TOC

Hope to see you all again in two days for part 3.

Thanks!

Michael

Edit: Had to add part 5. But that's it.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
“What do you mean by ‘Help, Superman’? That’s *my* line, you know?”
She holds the copyright for that, right? razz Poor Clark. Bad Lois.

*Somehow I hate Lois every time I watch HoL. I can't help it, but I get this feeling that Clark accepted her back a bit easily and that she should have been punished a bit more. Probably that's just me.*

“Ching.” The woman, Zara, silenced her bodyguard with a sharp snap.

Now *that* was something Lois could familiarize herself with, given how she liked to be on top as well.
On top of? laugh What? Or, whom?

Zara drew in a sharp breath and the man, Ching, was standing with his mouth agape. “Please excuse me, but you said he did what?” Zara looked genuinely shocked.

“What?” Lois was confused. “Don’t tell me you don’t know about his powers?” Lois rolled her eyes.
Oh, so Ching and Zara don't have the powers? Oh...

“*This*-” He nodded to the floor. “-is a creature known as Tez among our people. He is an animal. A vicious killer in the pay and service of Lord Nor.”
The HUNTER?

“Then *you* go find Superman, and *I’ll* look for my mother.”
Oh, so now you're back to putting Superman on the backseat, Lois? Bad.

“No. Lois.” He took in a deep breath. “Save Lois.”

His words must have worked, because the mirage stopped its words, and Clark dropped back to all fours. Lois was safe. That was all that mattered.
Oh Clark! frown

“No! Get Lois *out*!” Clark drew himself to his feet and reached for the door. The moment his hands touched the bars, he let go of an inhuman scream, the Kryptonite burning into his skin as he rattled the door. A moment later he fell away from the bars as if he had been electrocuted and crumpled onto the floor in the middle of the cage. Then everything went black.
Wow!

Now, more. MORE! MORE! MORE! wildguy

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I liked it. I thought the line about the caped butt was funny, being how it was said in a New Kryptonian monotone.

I even liked that Lois was willing to protect her mother over Superman. It makes sense for a few reasons. It wouldn't make sense for Lois to value the life of someone she doesn't think can be hurt over the life of a defenseless civilian.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was giggling at the caped butt line! How else is Zara going to convince Kal-El that Lois is really with them?

LOVE this fic! I wanted to throw my computer across the room when it came to the end. Cannot wait for sunday!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
lol.... I read this at work.... bad idea =p

I can't wait to see Lois' reaction to "By the way, I'm Kal-El's wife..."

*looks at part total* hmmm... wasn't Fury originally going to be 5/6 parts? angel-devil

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

Five (5) parts? I really hope this means you are going to end this with a sequel hook.

I hope Lois does NOT make the connection between Clark & Superman in this tale.

I am hoping that Lois will jump to the conclusion that Superman loves her but could not express those feelings because he is married.

When Lois is down rescuing Superman, Henderson, Perry & the rest can grab Luthor.

Again I hope you are going to end this with a sequel hook.

Clark missing and assumed dead, killed by Luthor's lackeys, Superman married and leaving with his wife.

Any chance they can leave someone behind, say a blonde woman, to assume the Superhero role?

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What blonde woman would that be, Patrick? Mindy Church, recently home from her visit to New Krypton?

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I liked Lois saying she'd kick his caped butt. Nice job! I am looking forward to the rest. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was absolutely exhausted yesterday and had no strength to write any FDK. (And school is going to be murder for the next six weeks.)

As for the first part of this fic, it had, a) presence of NKers, b) presence of Luthor, c) absence of Lois, and d) absent Lois on the verge of marrying Luthor. Four excellent reasons for me to stay away from that part!

Ah, but this time Luthor was absent and Lois was present, if still on the verge of marrying Luthor! Or could it be that she has reconsidered?

Lois suddenly sprung to her feet, startling her "guests'. “*BASTARD*!” she screeched and hurtled the bronze vase across the room, right at the vanity where she could see the reflection of her wedding gown.
Hopefully she has, unless she suddenly realized how unbecoming her wedding gown was, and it was Luthor who made her wear it - well, for him... Except Lois isn't that stupid, is he?

Just a few short weeks ago she had been single and loosely dating the most – second most – eligible bachelor in the world, and now she was about to *marry* him.

And none of her friends were here. Clark had been the first and had left her in the cold because of his sick jealousy. And Perry and Jimmy had just followed suit; why, she still could not understand.
Lois Galactically Joanne Stupid Lane!!! (Well, I read somewhere that Lois's middle name was Joanne. They forgot to mention her other middle names, though.) :rolleyes:

But hey, the NKers improved in Lois's presence! They even gave her a new, nice title!

“Is your mother a fighter like you?”
Didn't you say 'warrior' at first, Michael? Did you change it? frown That's too bad! I loved the idea of the NKers describing Lois as a warrior! The loss of the warrior word sort of diminished my appreciation for this chapter, as it was one of the jewels of this part, and now that jewel is missing. And I can't help feeling that the NKers don't have the same respect for Lois when they call her a fighter as they would have if they called her a warrior.

It's still funny that Lois would make the NKers speak telepathic 'Lois-ese' to Clark, so that Clark would understand that they had Lois with them.

Okay, Michael. This is still a good part, though I can't like it as much as I would have if the NKers had respected Lois enough to call her a warrior!

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/quick drive by post, real FDK-FDK tomorrow before part 3/

Yay and thanks so much for reading and commenting and speculating smile

Ann, it has always been fighter. Sorry wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, Michael. I was exhausted yesterday but when I went to bed I still couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking, in an extremely muddled way, about a lot of things, including your fic. I was sure that Ching had asked if Lois's mother was a warrior like herself, and in my befuddled, half-asleep state I thought how brilliant that was. Then I was disappointed the next day when I re-read it and saw that Ching had called Lois a fighter!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Posting FDK for parts 1 and 2. This is a really neat concept. Definately a "throw multiple parts into the blender and press Mix" sort of thing.

Hopefully I will be able to stay more current after this. Work has been grumble

This story, however, is very nice and I'm looking forward to see where it leads.
Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
I can't wait to see Lois' reaction to "By the way, I'm Kal-El's wife..."
Yeah, that would be interesting, wouldn’t it? And as you always say: =x
*looks at part total* hmmm... wasn't Fury originally going to be 5/6 parts?
Yeah it was. And then the plot hare took off with it because Lois and Clark fell apart instead of together :p Fortunately, Wedding Crashers was plotted out by then and is done now, so it’s 5 parts or ~125KB. And potential sequels don’t count, right?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Patrick! So great to see you‘re reading this. And liking it goofy /ducks Ann’s shoe/ No? Okay wave

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, I ended up with more time this evening. So I went and read the next part.

This was fantastic and while I didn't particularly miss Lois in the first part, I can't deny that she added a ton to this one.

There was a lot of humor here:

Mrs. Cox had always reminded her off a cross between a high-priced hooker and an assassin.
I think Lois should tell Mrs. Cox this. wink

“What do you mean by "Help, Superman'? That's *my* line, you know?”
I loved this line! It both exemplifies Lois' confusion - I mean, why would she quickly understand that someone who has always been indestructible is in trouble? - and Lois' sense of proprietary over Superman. Even if it's clear she's a bit hurt by his behavior the last time she saw him.

*Superman*! Lois wants to know where you are. She will kick your caped butt if you keep silent.
No better way to let Superman know that Lois is involved!

Off to read part 3...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best parts.

Tez taking out Ms. Cox.

"<*Superman*! Lois wants to know where you are. She will kick your caped butt if you keep silent.>
"

Made my day.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi again, Nancy and James! smile1
This was fantastic and while I didn't particularly miss Lois in the first part, I can't deny that she added a ton to this one.
blush Thanks so much! You know, I really wondered about this. I needed to set the NK stuff up properly and then the break just happened where it did between parts 1 and 2 blush
I think Lois should tell Mrs. Cox this.
wave
/off to FDK-FDK for part 3/

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard