Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi!

I hope you enjoyed this little piece. I most certainly had a lot of fun writing it.

Complete Vignette / TOC

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Michael that was wonderful. It took me a minute to jump back that far into the Batman series, but I loved Lois in this version. She was strong but not a bitch, nice to see her like that.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Batman????

/runs over to read!

*sniffles* OK, Clarkie, you just broke my heart with this one:
“Of course, but they’re *fictional* heroes,” Clark lamely tried to prove his point
...Batman isn't fictional, Clarkie. He's reaaaaaaaal! You know him, he's your friend!

whinging

Nice work, Michael! I'm impressed that you managed to get two rather long fics done in so short a period of time. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahh, Michael, you had me giggling so much at this:

“Can you spell sequel? At least in the first two parts, Bruce had real women as his love interests. This time, they got him a groupie, and she didn't even figure out that he was Batman!” Lois huffed and folded her arms over her chest. “Come on, how blind do you have to be not to figure it out? And she's a *shrink* for crying out loud!”
Well, they say that our own weaknesses are the sort of shortcomings that we absolutely can't stand in other people! rotflol

(And it's so funny that Lois and Clark have been watching a Batman movie, too! rotflol )

“Too early?” Lois shot Clark an annoyed look. “She'd already chosen the man over the suit. So when do *you* think would have been the perfect time for him to tell her? After they'd been together for the first time? After their engagement? After they'd gotten married?”
Good question, Lois!

“Um, do you think… I mean… if Superman did have a secret identity… do you think he should have told you before you made your choice?” he stammered, his hands nervously twitching in front of his six-pack.
I love his nervousness and his stammering.

“I chose *you* because you're my best friend. You're the guy who's there for me day and night,” she continued on with a softer voice, trying to persuade him to see her point of view. “Sure, Superman is a friend, but if he really wanted me, he would have shown me his secrets, too, not just the hero on a pedestal.
Yes, Clark, that is what a real friend would do!

“Clark, I… I *need* to stay angry at you right now. I can't just swing back and forth between being mad at you and falling into your arms.” The desperation in her voice was further emphasized by her flailing right hand.

“Why not?” he asked her innocuously.

“Why not? Why not!?” she screeched and attempted to pull back. “Because I'm no drama queen! It's one thing to flip out and stay mad for a while, but to just get mad at you without any obvious reason… Clark, I… I can't do that to you… to me… to us,” she said, desperately fighting down a little sob in her throat.
I love this. Lois is so furious with Clark, and at the same time, she loves him. And she can't deal with that situation.

Tomorrow, tomorrow she might still kill him, but tonight, tonight she was in his arms.
I love the ending, too!

Lovely vignette, Michael!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was inspirational Michael. Very cute! Loved it. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, look at all this nice FDK over here too. Thanks so much. be back this weekend with detailed thanks smile

And Lara, I promise, the next time I put Batman into the title, he will be in there in flesh and blood, living in cave underneath Wayne Manor blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really funny and well done.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And Lara, I promise, the next time I put Batman into the title, he will be in there in flesh and blood, living in cave underneath Wayne Manor blush
Oooh! Then, I hope that this next time is going to be very soon! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I finally have the time to respond properly to this wonderful FDK smile Thank you guys so much.

cp, thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed this little vignette.

Lara, it’s so great to see you’re reading this smile
Nice work, Michael! I'm impressed that you managed to get two rather long fics done in so short a period of time.
Aw, thanks. And you have no idea how happy I am to have managed this stunt and with this outcome.
...Batman isn't fictional, Clarkie. He's reaaaaaaaal! You know him, he's your friend!
And he did take some convincing. But he finally conceded that while Gotham was real, the revelation would be so much more fun this way smile
Oooh! Then, I hope that this next time is going to be very soon!
I’ll do my very best. As soon as the WIPs are over I put on my trapper’s clothes and go hunting for bunnies.

Ann, your FDK had me with a silly grin as usual.
I love his nervousness and his stammering.
Aww, thanks. I tried really hard to get it in there whenever it was possible in the plot.
I love this. Lois is so furious with Clark, and at the same time, she loves him. And she can't deal with that situation.
smile
I love the ending, too!

Lovely vignette, Michael!
Thanks, Ann smile

Laura, I’m glad I could entertain you smile

Wow, thanks, James for stopping by. I really tried to set this one into the PG range and I’m happy you liked it.

Michael

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hiiii Micheal
LOVE your "little piece"
you know I'm a big fan?? :p haha thumbsup

Lois: Oh leave that truth and justice stuff to Superman would you?!
Lois&Clark *sight*
Lois: See, I knew I shouldn't have told you! But you're my partner right??
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lizzy!

Wow, thanks. Thanks so much for choosing my fic for stopping by and commenting. This, well, those little notes of appreciation really do mean to world to me. blush

Other links? Sure smile
The Birthday Present
Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned
A Patchwork Family (A guess who's talking challenge)
There are two more on the dark side of the boards which will never see the light of day wink So, depending on what's for you, you might want to check over there, too. But we're not supposed to post links to those places wink

The Birthday Present is also on the Archives. It's just, I decided to go with just Michael on those, given how Darth is merely a title blush

PS. LOVE how you right in such details, so ahhh... write more!!
Thanks, that's always great to hear. And I do have another biggy lurking in the shadows, but it will take months before it's ready for posting. Right now, it's just a circus of bunnies laugh

Michael

PS: I just hope my early work can compare with the rest. I already know that the beginning of Fury will get a major overhaul before I submit it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard