Next Thread
Print Thread
#53965 07/18/08 06:29 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Will you marry me?

The End.
Are you trying to set a record for the shortest fic ever?

And The Answer Is 1/1 by Bakasi

Yes.

The End.

But seriously, I enjoyed you story. Thanks for entertaining us. smile

The key to change... is to let go of fear - Rosanne Cash
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Huh?

I don't think that 102 pages qualify for the shortest fic ever, but I'm glad you liked it

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Not the 102 pages, for every one of which I applaude you. I was talking about the one word sequel.

Never mind if you don't get my humour. goofy

The key to change... is to let go of fear - Rosanne Cash
Columnist
Columnist
I asked Mr. Asabi to hypnotize you or something like that. I don’t really care about the details
This one line doesn't ring true for me. Nigel St. John would always know exactly what he was going to use and how it would work.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The ending wasn't that much of a surprise, not that I mind wink

One thing I didn't get was when the Superman clone went to see Lois. It had to have been before Nigel talked to Clark, but then does this mean the clone lied to Nigel? clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful ending. Nice tale.
Right after that, Clark had flown to Henderson’s office in order to turn himself in. With the suit underneath his clothes, it hadn’t been too difficult to convince Henderson that Clark and Superman were one and the same.
Why did they need to convince Henderson of this? All Superman needed to do was arrive alive. At this point it is crystal clear that Clark did not kill Superman. Henderson already had his doubts about Clark killing anyone.

I had this picture in my head, Henderson who we know has been stalling on the search for Kent, ambushed by the media outside Police HQ. Trying to ignore the mics and cameras and the questions as he pushes his way through the crowd.

A voice from above "Inspector Henderson, may I have a minute?" All heads lift upward to see a slowly descending Superman.

Total chaos as some reporters hurl questions at Superman, and the TV reporters shouting "Go Live" at their crews.

Switch to Martha and Jonathan waiting in an airport for their flight to load hearing a buzz of excitement spreading in the area look up to see everyone staring at TV screens repeating the scene of Superman descending towards Henderson.

Perry in his office hearing the bullpen going crazy as Jimmy shouts "Chief", pointing at the TV screen.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very sweet ending. It was good to see everything cleared up, although I'm not at all comfortable knowing that Luthor knows Clark's secret identity!!! clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why did they need to convince Henderson of this? All Superman needed to do was arrive alive. At this point it is crystal clear that Clark did not kill Superman. Henderson already had his doubts about Clark killing anyone.
Well,it might be crystal clear that Clark didn't kill the real Superman. But in my humble opinion he needs to prove that he didn't kill the clone either. Cloned or not - the fake Superman was a a human being and killling him is a crime, even if his life wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of weeks anyway.

Now you could argue that Clark couldn't have killed anyone with a kryptonite bullet. But how would Henderson know that, assuming that - officially - kryptonite does not exist.

Columnist
Columnist
Bakasi, this was a great story that I enjoyed very much! Thanks for sharing it with us.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
While the ending was more hurried than I would have preferred, it still was satisfying. Well done.

Elisabeth

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I was so happy when you started posting this again, and I'm glad that it all rounded off so sweetly. Thank you for a brilliant fic.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your feedback.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by bakasi:
Well,it might be crystal clear that Clark didn't kill the real Superman. But in my humble opinion he needs to prove that he didn't kill the clone either. Cloned or not - the fake Superman was a a human being and killling him is a crime, even if his life wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of weeks anyway.

Now you could argue that Clark couldn't have killed anyone with a kryptonite bullet. But how would Henderson know that, assuming that - officially - kryptonite does not exist.
OK reasoning understood. However proving Clark is Superman only gives him motive for killing the other Superman.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard