Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, wow! So much happened in this part!

“I don't remember a second dead person,” she said. “What does that have to do with Superman?” she continued impatiently and slightly frustrated by her inability to remember something Bobby Bigmouth thought was important.

“Well, nothing, if you think that a dead Nigel St. James cannot somehow be involved in this whole thing.”
Nigel St. John??? Nigel St. John was the second dead person in the alley??? eek eek eek

And look at this:

Ever since the reporter had helped him nail Luthor, Henderson respected him.
Clark had helped Henderson to nail Luthor, and now Luthor's right-hand man is dead and Clark Kent is accused of being Superman's murderer? This sounds like Lex getting revenge on Clark Kent for putting him in jail, if you ask me!

That crowd that chased Clark and Lois was incredibly scary. Those people reminded me too much of the mob- and lynch mentality that has been so prevalent in so much of the world for such a long time. This summer, I have been a tourist in my own country, travelling around the province of Skåne and learning as much as I can about it. For example, I have learnt about the witch hunts that lasted between 1543 and 1663 here in Malmö, my home town. Back then women were accused of being witches for totally crazy reasons. For example, one woman bent down to tie her shoelace outside the most important church in this town, Saint Peter's Church, and as she did so she was heard muttering something. A couple of months later the tower of Saint Peter's Church was hit by lightning. Of course it must have happened because that woman had muttered a curse as she was tying her shoelace! The whole city of Malmö went crazy and demanded that the poor woman must be burnt at the stake as a witch - and they got their wish, too. I must say, Barbara, that the crowd you described seemed almost as unreasonable and bloodthirsty as those citizens of Malmö from the sixteenth century. Talk about horrible and scary!!!!

You have to wonder how everybody could just accept that Clark Kent was able to murder Superman, by shooting him, no less. Isn't Superman invulnerable? How could Clark Kent kill him with a gun? Killing Superman with an ordinary bullet seems almost as impossible as making lightning strike the tower of Saint Peter's Church by muttering a curse as you are tying your shoelace.

Well, if nothing else, we certainly learnt one thing is this chapter: Lex Luthor is most definitely involved here!!!

Now I need to see what will happen when Clark starts using his Superman powers!

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
I'm intrigued and excited as to how everything is going to be straightened out in 2 more parts... I'm absolutely loving this story laugh

[[emilyblayne]]
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Now I'm confused. I didn't think St. John's body was in the same place as Superman's. It couldn't have been or the police would have known there was a third man at the scene. I thought I read that it was in a different alleyway but nearby.

I haven't figured out the ending, yet. Just don't leave us hanging by quitting writing before the story is fully told.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
Please let Lois get a clue! She is so close to figuring it out.

Nigel is dead and Clark is stil without his memory but has Superman's powers.

Bring back the Kents!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
delightful! clap

Framework4
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Elisabeth, I know I'm being evil - this is the scene where Nigel St. James body was found. I guess, I'm stretching the time line a little, but it could work.

From Part 1

She leaned against her pillow and sobbed. Where was Clark? She needed him so much. He would give her advice; he would know what to do now. He was a friend of Superman. Lois wanted to find out what was going on; she wanted to undo what damage she might have caused. There had been times when she would have easily done all the things she needed to do without a partner. Even so, she felt helpless now. With Clark, she was a much better a reporter. He made her a better person, too.

With a grunt of disapproval, Lois straightened herself. Who was this sad bundle of self pity on her partner’s sofa? She didn’t need help to find Clark or to deal with Superman. After all, she was Lois Lane, the famous, award winning investigative reporter and she was certainly one of the best journalists in Metropolis. She could do it on her own! Lois threw away the pillow wet with tears and got up. She was Mad Dog Lane!!

<...according to the police the body of a man was found about an hour ago in Hob’s Bay. The man hasn’t yet been identified...>

Lois froze, her glance wandering back to the TV screen, afraid that she was watching the news she had been dreading to see. Her heart was pounding in her ears. ‘Clark,’ she thought desperately. ‘No, no, no, no! Please, let it not be Clark!’

Lois’ previous restlessness had taken hold of her again. She couldn’t wait for Henderson to call her. She had to see it with her own eyes, as painful as it would probably be. This nightmarish wait had to end, one way or another. And she didn’t care if she did wake someone up. A moment later, Lois had grabbed her car keys and left Clark’s apartment.
Don't worry, I'm going to post these last two parts. They're written.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard