Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well this is an interesting twist on the original. What will Superman do now that he has overheard the conversation between Miranda and Lex? Poor Lois, how is she going to last the evening with Lex? It was good but too short for me Nan, but then again I am greedy<g> more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting part to read after vacation laugh .

Lois is giving Clark the benefit of the doubt with Lex and Clark heard Miranda and our favorite philantropist speak.

more smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Lois is *thinking*! That's fabulous <g> and an improvement from the show. So she's planning to ask Clark his reasons -- and listen to what he says. Though I have to say I totally understand how she would take criticism of Lex as criticism of her judgment, taste, intelligence, etc, and react accordingly. So it's very very good that she's starting to see past that.

And yes, Lex is acting very strangely -- and yay, she recognizes the problem! Let's get her out of there gracefully, as soon as possible. Having her alone with Luthor always makes me nervous.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was great:

Jealous, maybe, but not petty. The little voice in the back of her mind prodded at her. She managed to ignore it most of the time, particularly when faced with Clark's disapproval of Lex. She always felt that it was a criticism of her, and as such her defensive instincts always kicked in at the slightest hint that he was judging her taste in men. How, after all, could her partner possibly know more about Lex Luthor than she did? It was just as well for Clark that he hadn't said anything.

But there remained, now, just a little tug of doubt. It was probably silly. What possible reason could Clark have other than jealousy to feel the way he did? He'd never explained his feelings to her. Didn't that show that he had nothing solid on which to base his suspicions?

Gabriele
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Well, tomorrow, she would ask him point blank why he didn't like Lex. Maybe, if she were just a little less defensive, he would tell her why he thought what he did. If there was something besides jealousy behind it, she wanted to know what it was, and if it was really worth worrying about. Maybe Clark didn't approve of Lex for some reason that she would find perfectly silly. His rural upbringing had given him ridiculously rigid sense of right and wrong, moral and immoral. Maybe he didn't approve of Lex simply for his vast wealth. She'd suspected something of the sort from the beginning. Maybe that was the real reason, after all, but whatever it was, she wanted to know for sure.
Is she really that s****d to believe that Clark is jealous for his money. Then, What is her?

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Great job! I hope Lois finally sees what the rest of us have known since the show started.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Seems like Lois has gotten herself into quite a predicament.

This Lois seems to have a little more on the ball intellectually when it comes to Lex, but if that will avail her well, time will tell.

Tank (who wonders if Lois will be forced to use her Tae Kwon Do skills before the night is over)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow!
This is getting better and better! (Which is nearly impossible since this was absolutely brilliant right from the beginning!)

I love the way Lois and Clark are thinking (finally!). This is so much better than the show!

Lois sighed inaudibly. It was going to be a long evening.
LOL

I can't wait to read the next part! MORE!!!
Sira - notworthy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

Another great part! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still great, Nan! Now, just let Lex show his true colours before Lois leaves, okay? And then give us the happy ending we want... after Lex meets with an appropriate end, of course! smile1 )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
Good progress being made here with the A-plot, Nan.

I'm looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! It's back!

So much more realistic than the show. And Lois is using her brain. Ooh... hyper

Can't wait for more!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Shadow:
Yay! It's back!

So much more realistic than the show. And Lois is using her [b]brain
. Ooh... hyper

Can't wait for more! [/b]
Nan always gives her characters brains. That's why we love them.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Nan great post! I can't wait for the next one! And I definately like this story a lot more than I liked the show...

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan, another GREAT part!! grumble

S (who is waiting "impatiently" for the next part laugh )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG! I cannot believe I missed this was posted for so long!

Not sure how I feel about your short segements, Nan. <g> On the one hand, they fit perfectly into my busy non-life and on the other I get to the end far sooner than I'm ready for. laugh

Whatever...great things come in small packages they say and that certainly applies to this story. Another fantastic segment, following the rough outline of the episode while filling in such wonderful detail and asides, great introspection and some brilliant characterisation.

Looking forward to part seven!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
this is good
can't wait for more
soon please
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great Job Nan! Keep up the good work! More soon!

~L.L Wanna Be (who is typing fast before the power goes out again) smile

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."