Print Thread
#52798 06/05/08 07:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi!

I hope you enjoyed 'The Birthday Present'. Feel free to let me know what you think smile

Michael

Complete Vignette / TOC

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sigh... that was just too adorable for words. Loved it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That was...interesting.

I wonder what might have happened if Clark had returned about ten minutes later? Would Mayson have had the time to tear Lois's clothes off too? And then what would Jimmy have said or thought? (Assuming, of course, that just seeing Lois naked didn't burn out his eyes. Lady Godiva, indeed!)

And I'm a little surprised that Lois would physically attack a naked woman, no matter where they met. After all, if she's only wearing a tie, that drastically reduces the damage Lois could do without leaving bruises or yanking out hair follicles.

But wasn't that so very daring of Mayson! Wow. She's right, though. That birthday present would leave no doubt about what she was proposing between herself and Clark. And when she told Lois that she was planning to wear it with her suit, I never thought she meant birthday suit! And Lois's reaction to finding naked Mayson pretty much displays her feelings to both Clark and to Mayson.

I'll have to get my wife to read this vignette. Maybe we could get some ideas. I bet she's a better singer than Mayson is.

I have only one little niggle, and that's with the spelling of this word:

"loosing"
This word is not the opposite of "winning" or the gerund for "lose." That's spelled "losing," with one "o," as in "Hurry, Superman! I'm losing my grip on the flagpole!" If one is "loosing" something, one is releasing it, as in "Luthor is crazy! He's loosing the dogs of nuclear war just because Lois won't marry him!"

English is tricky, especially for native English speakers. Will Rogers once said something to the effect that "It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we know that ain't so." That's never more true than in English grammar and spelling, no matter which side of the pond you're on.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura, great to know I pleased the crowds smile

Terry, what can I say. It all happened because of a little plot bunny sparked by a typo about Lois just dressed in a ro*p*e. huh As for the rest, all I can say is, Lois just got territorial and didn't think about the rest.

I'll have to get my wife to read this vignette. Maybe we could get some ideas. I bet she's a better singer than Mayson is.
blush That's praise indeed.

Thanks for pointing out the typo blush . I really need to take better care of them when typing. It's way too easy to misspell lose and than, for that matter.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
So I mentioned to Michael tonight that I was happy for the interruption to my writing because I was currently writing Mayson and… sick

Anyhow, he mentioned this little story, and so now I’m bumping up this really old FDK thread…

While she considered the understated elegance of a simple tie to be a perfect match for white shirts, her partner usually showed a blatant disregard for the wellbeing of the visual cortices of his fellow human beings. So just what was she supposed to buy? A tie that said, 'I am the woman at your side, ready to mold you into the perfect man' or 'I am the woman who understands you better than anyone, please continue with your spleens'? She hated such choices!

rotflol

Lois' mind idly wondered if perhaps a Superman tie would--

BAHAHAHA! DO IT!

DAMN, MAYSON
She went … all out for that birthday gift lol

He was now quite certain what they had been fighting about, and a small part of him found it immensely gratifying to have two gorgeous women going teeth and claws over him, but enough was enough.

Hahah I’ll bet!

"So you really believe I'm a guy who would want a... a..."

"'Stripper' is the word you are looking for, Clark," Lois interjected, leaving Mayson to bristle.

"...naked woman his apartment?" Clark finished, shooting his partner an admonishing look.

LOL!!! Nice one, Lois!

Awwwww sweet ending!!

Thanks for the extra break from my current WIP with Mayson in it… oh, why did I let her live??

Sara smile

Last edited by KSaraSara; 03/31/23 02:50 AM.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

yeah, I guess you could call me 'guilty' blush

Anyhow, he mentioned this little story, and so now I’m bumping up this really old FDK thread…
Thanks!

DAMN, MAYSON
She went … all out for that birthday gift lol
That sure is one way to put it.
LOIS: all out of her clothes...
EVIL WRITER: Shush!

LOL!!! Nice one, Lois!
LOIS: If the shoe fits. Not that she's wearing any...

Awwwww sweet ending!!
Thanks so much!

Thanks for the extra break from my current WIP with Mayson in it… oh, why did I let her live??
/looks at number of current stories where Mayson's living/ She seems to be a favorite, though laugh

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard