Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Nan, terrific part! Great conversation over breakfast - congratulations to Clark for managing to explain things to Lois without embarrassing her further *and* without sticking his foot in his mouth. smile And then, later on, we had this...
A dismaying thought hit her. "Clark, you got sprayed. Why didn't you fall for me?"

Clark shrugged. "I'm not sure. I should have," he admitted. "I was behind you, Jimmy and Perry, and I held my breath. I must have only got a little of it -- not enough to do whatever it did to the rest of you. It's a good thing that one of us was sober. Superman and I had our hands full figuring out what happened and trying to keep people out of trouble."

"I guess we were lucky," Lois said, slowly. Clark's explanation sounded a little thin, but it seemed reasonable. There was no question in her mind that he was attracted to her, even if he hadn't essentially admitted it just now.
Oh wow. dance Look at this, FoLCs. Clark is *not* a lunkhead. Lois knows he's attracted to her - things could be much easier now. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be...

Great job, Nan. Looking forward to more.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow Nan that was great. I loved the way Clark eased Lois's mind about all the stuff she did while under the influence. He's so sweet. Anyway I am glad that they are on the case. Poor Perry! Hope alice forgives him soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part Nan! Post the next part ASAP though! hyper

Blayne (who's sorry she's so impatient!)

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Nan, this was fabulous. And Clark is showing so many smarts I almost don't recognize him! goofy I particularly admire his realization that he can't say anything bad about Lex, but he can get Lois thinking about it on her own. Tricky line to walk, but it looks like it's working. It's a joy to see this "fixed" -- and vastly improved -- version of the episode.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
My reasoning for Clark's behavior was not so much that he was less of a lunkhead, but that he doesn't want to hurt Lois's feelings any more than they're already hurt. It also struck me that Lois's defense of Luthor sprang partly from the (somewhat adolescent) wish not to be put in the wrong, especially by Clark. If he'd thought about it at all, he would have realized that her competitive nature wouldn't let her back down, so the key to getting her to actually look at Luthor was not to put her on the defensive.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool She really care for him.

"What do you mean?"

"It started two days ago at the Planet," he said. "That woman who sprayed us with the 'Eau de Sweat Socks' ..."

"Two days ago?" She stared at him in disbelief. "But ..."
goofy

A thought crossed her mind, as it had a couple of times since breakfast. Why hadn't Lex said anything about what was going on in the newsroom? Judging by all the stuff they were hauling out of here, and some of the things that people must have been doing, he had to have seen that something was pretty weird. And why had he dropped by the Planet to remind her of their dinner date, anyway? Usually he called, or had Nigel call. Something wasn't right, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.
She suspect of Luthor.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh fabulous! Good original elements, plus you still kept some of my favorite lines /me laughs at the mention of the 'witch's brew'

Anywho, wow what a way to fix that Clark-sticking-his-foot-in-his-mouth part! He was actually honest about some of his feelings toward Lois...this could get VERY interesting...

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Excellent installment, Nan!

You've portrayed Clark as someone who actually thinks instead of just reacts when it comes to Lois and Lex. I like the change.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fantastic!!

As everyone else has said, Nan, I really love what you've done here. The morning-after is very funny, but also very good in a positive way. You helped them get their friendship back on track, and Lois recognises that Clark is kind and sincere and wouldn't do anything to embarrass her. Terrific! smile1 (bouncing while waiting for more of this terrific episode adaptation)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pam and Wendy more or less said it all - P,ML was always one of my favourite episodes, but this is the way it should have been. <happy sigh>

Keep it coming! smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark shrugged. "I'm not sure. I should have," he admitted. "I was behind you, Jimmy and Perry, and I held my breath. I must have only got a little of it -- not enough to do whatever it did to the rest of you. It's a good thing that one of us was sober. Superman and I had our hands full figuring out what happened and trying to keep people out of trouble."
THANK YOU! No lies, no "I guess I'm not attracted to you", just a simple explanation instead of skirting the issue. dance

And it looks like Lois is starting to figure out Lex isn't all that he seems to be. Can't wait to see what happens next! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where were you when they were hiring script writers for the show?? This is *so* much better than the original!

I will admit, you left out one of my favorite lines - when Clark makes a comment about Miranda's pulse rate, then tries to cover it up. For some reason, that little bit of dialog cracked me up! But I think it is unanimous - we all like this version of PML better!

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan,

So good! We are all enjoying this version better. All I hope now is Clark keeps up the good words and somthing (not Clark) changes Lois' mind about dinner with Lex. A job well done.
Blayne (who's sorry she's so impatient!)
hyper wildguy

~L.L Wanna Be (who would also like to says she's sorry but wants to give Blayne the credit of being imatient first! smile )

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great post of another great story.

Here are my favorite lines.

Unless there was a really good, and highly unlikely explanation for this whole situation.
nicely done fore shadowing. Mentally I was saying "you don't know the half of it!"

and

They passed the copy room, and faintly through the door, Lois heard the copy machine running fast and furiously. She stopped.

"What on Earth is going on in there? Whoever's running that thing is going to burn it out."

"Don't go in there," Clark said as she reached for the doorknob. Taking her elbow, he hustled her past.

Lois eyed him suspiciously. "What aren't you telling me, Clark Kent?"

He pushed open the door to the Editor's office without replying.

[snip]

"I'll say," Lois said. She glanced at the copy room door as a particularly loud clatter from the machine drew her attention. "*What* is going on in there?"

"Believe me," Clark said, seriously. "You *don't* want to know."
I wonder just how much you can get out of this one??? laugh

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great part. thumbsup

"But that would mean ..." She bit off the words. The fact was, she *did* find Clark attractive and always had. Her libido apparently knew it all too well. A dismaying thought hit her. "Clark, you got sprayed. Why didn't you fall for me?"
I was waiting for this during the whole part!
Clark must thank God he could come up with a good explanation.

Something else was bugging her about last night, too, although she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Something, some little memory that seemed to be just beyond her grasp, was tickling maddeningly at her.
Will she remember it??
More soon!!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan, I finally caught up with you -- YAY!!!! This is fantastic!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A fantastic part! smile1
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan,

I don't care how many people have said it before me. I'll just say it again and again. Because it is true.

This newest installment of Pheromone-More Likely has once more had me on the edge of my seat. I just simply love how your story is developing:

Lois starting to think about Luthor in a more critical way.
Clark saying the right things for once.
Lois finally starting to 'see' Clark and her reaction to him!!!
The noise in the copy room. (I wonder what's going on in *there*? :p )

Okies, next part?
notworthy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
great part
can't wait for more
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard