Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks to Vickie for reminding me of this old scrap of prose, with hopes that you enjoy it. blush

Thanks to ChiefPam for encouraging me to post it, and for many other kindnesses too. smile
claire
TOC -- Visitors for Vickie

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, you posted! thumbsup

This was an extremely cute piece of fluff <g> Thanks for sharing it smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, that was sweet, Claire. A nice read before getting some sleep again. Thanks for posting this.

And happy belated birthday, Vickie.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very cute, Claire. smile1

Just one small thing that puzzled me a little. The last line kind of gave me the impression that it was supposed to be a surprise 'twist'. But the words trilled and preened right at the start tagged our couple as birds from the get go. So I wondered which it was? Surprise ending or you weren't trying for one?

Just curious on that one; it didn't matter when reading the story either way. But if you were trying for a surprise ending, perhaps you might want to consider changing those clues at the start.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thanks so much for these comforting replies, daneel, Chief Pam, Saskia, and LabRat. Your pleasure gives me much pleasure. smile1

A special thanks to you Lab Rat, for giving the story your thought and questions. Your writing has earned my respect, and your attention is very special to me.

You have a valid complaint that the surprise ending is compromised. The simple answer is that the last sentence is not so much a surprise ending as a confirmation ending.

Simple in this case, however, is not the whole answer.

Originally, this was written when L&C were very far from being permitted any kind of union. The story is really not about who is watching, but about &#8220;union.&#8221; dizzy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for the compliment, Claire - and for the explanation of what you were aiming for, which I found fascinating. And very clever, too.

Thanks for explaining it - that's cool. Looks like you got out of it exactly what you aimed for. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Claire
very sweet and cute
merry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Claire

A lovely story! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Very romantic. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Claire, thanks SO much for the wonderful birthday story!! grumble

And thank you for including such lovely roses, which are definitely my favorite flowers (and while red are lovely, I much prefer other colors - how did you know? wink )

Thanks again, Claire. You made my day. smile

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Oh, Vickie, thank goodness you enjoyed it! As you can tell from the dates of my postings, I completely understand not being able to visit the Boards for long periods of time! At least, you've seen it now and liked it! It was great to be able to share that story and especially the roses, thank you! Roses are so wonderful, aren't they? Thanks and you're welcome! smile1

Merry blush , Tricia W cool , and Maria smile , thank you so much for your kind support. You are very encouraging!

claire

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard