Epilogue
The living room was exactly as they had left it. The carpet was torn up, the furniture shoved against the walls, waiting for the workmen to come and install the hardwood floors.

Martha came out of the kitchen, drying her hands. “I thought you were leaving to help the other Lois and Clark,” she said.

“We did…” Clark Jerome Kent said. Then he looked over at the digital clock on the credenza. They’d only been gone five minutes. He gave Wells a curious look.

The older man shrugged. “I wasn’t sure if Tempus was behind the problems over there or not. So I decided that it was better if no one realized you’d left home.”

“But what about them?” Lois Lane-Kent asked.

Wells checked the readout on his Time-Plane controller. “According to this, everything is as it should be. A couple changes came about, the largest one being the appearance of Ultrawoman in addition to Skyhawk, but that happens some time in the future.”

“Esperanza and Jason?” Lois speculated.

“Oh, yes. Quite,” Wells agreed. “And it would appear that Clark Joseph Kent’s journals were not in fact lost, but were published after his death by his, and Lois’s, grandchildren. Fascinating reading, apparently.”

“Are we mentioned?” Lois asked with a grin.

“I’m sure you are, my dear,” Wells said, grinning back at her.

“But you’re not going to tell us about it, are you?” Clark said.

“There are somethings best left for you to discover on your own,” Wells told them. “However, I will tell you that with the child becoming a part of that time-line, there is now a much stronger than normal link between the two planes. It will bear watching.”

“So obviously, they’ll make it,” Clark commented.

“Oh, things are never obvious until you can look back at them, and sometimes not even then,” Wells said. “I will tell you that he should get his powers back in plenty of time to handle the next major threat to his world, and that he and his Lois should have many years together.”

Upstairs, a baby began to wail for her mother. “Martha!” Lois ran toward the stairs.

“It’s good to be home,” Clark said as Wells shimmered and disappeared. “It’s very good to be home.”

—Earth I—
The doorbell rang and Clark went to get the door. Lois was busy checking on Jason upstairs and Esperanza was changed and fed and sleeping in her carrier, dreaming about whatever it was newborns dreamed about.

“Mom?”

Martha Kent was standing in the doorway, waiting for him. Ben Hubbard stood behind her, a sheepish grin on his face.

“I called your Mister White and he said you and the children were okay and he figured you were here with Lois,” Martha told him, making her way past him. “So, tell me what happened last night that got you so sick, and then… I want to see my grandbabies.”
-------------------------
TOC

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm