Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42726 05/16/07 03:34 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's back! eek Comments appreciated. And no, the section with L&C and baby Martha isn't to get past the Mods - it's going to go someplace.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#42727 05/16/07 12:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the new direction! It reminds me how "After the Storm" is different from the other SR stories you've been writing lately. Since I just discovered LJ through your writing, I don't really understand the remark about L&C and baby Martha not getting past the Mods (moderators, I presume). They only allow SR superman and Lois? If so, do they realize that you've snuck in half the Daily Planet cast and some of the villians from Lois and Clark? I like the mingling of the Superman universes. I say it's their loss if they don't like it. Just keep on writing your stories!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#42728 05/16/07 12:33 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Over at BlueTights it's half the Daily Planet staff and a couple villains from L&C. Over here it's dorky Clark, Richard, and Lois from SR. evil

Actually - the rules here require that there be a strong L&CtNAoS presence in the story. The way this one was originally plotted that wasn't going to happen - but that's fine. The new plot line actually works better. My earlier comment referred to a story (not one of mine) where the author simply added Tempus or Wells at the end to make it legit. Lois, Clark, and Baby Martha are not just there to make it legit.

The two universes have different feels for me. SR is gritty, like a Tom Clancy or WEB Griffin novel. L&C is softer, brighter, more romantic, more fantasy - kind of like a romance novel. And despite everything, the L&C Lois and Clark are a lot more together on their worst days than the Movieverse versions (any of them).
It's going to be an interesting ride for them.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#42729 05/16/07 12:44 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
New direction, indeed.

Looks like SR-Superman picked up some kind of bug on his interdimensional travels. Or maybe that assassin pricked him with some time-delayed poison. Either way, Jason's got it too, and that does not bode well for the next few chapters.

And I guess we have to have somebody who's galactically stupid in the story. Otherwise Richard would already be in Paris, flirting with the babes on the bank of the Seine and drowning his sorrow over Lois with some excellent vintage.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#42730 05/16/07 03:50 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, whatever the circumstances of posting this story may be, I am looking foward to the coming chapters! I've been interested in this story since you started posting it here and I hope I get to see its completion.

Please keep the new posts coming! hyper

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard