Print Thread
#40920 03/23/07 03:07 PM
Top Banana
OP Online Content
Top Banana
Clark is still in the hospital. Reviews? hyper

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#40921 03/24/07 08:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really enjoying this fic!! Thanks for the update thumbsup
George Nelson. . .help me remember--that's Baby Face righ??
Monroe shrugged. “Let’s get Mister Nelson here some clothes before we take him down to headquarters,” she instructed.

“Why are you taking me down to headquarters?”

“Routine questioning,” Sheehan said, walking in. “Oh, and welcome to 1994, Mister Gillis. And in case you didn’t know, there’s still no statute of limitations on murder.”
laugh I like the statute of limitations comment--I always thought that the clones were having it a bit to easy--leagally.

“Probably getting the money from the same place Capone did for his bribes,” Leocadio pointed out. “There wasn’t a hundred grand in all the bank jobs they pulled all together. If Luthor wasn’t dead, I’d be seriously looking at that bastard.”
Come on guys--don't discount Lex--being dead never stops him from causing trouble. mad

“Hey, he’s the first time one of my murder cases turned into ‘assault with a deadly weapon’ instead of the other way around,”
I still feel greatful for this!!

“The DA’s office has ordered police protection for both you and Mister Kent,” Murphy explained.

“I can’t do my job with a body guard hanging around,” Lois told him.
Typical Lois--even after such a traumatic experience! sloppy

The whole attempted asassination scene was very well writen--if to long to quote here. I love the three of them hiding behind the counter with the nurse even though "Lois knew the counter wouldn’t be much protection" (especially your description of Jonathan). You did a good job of capturing Lois' determination to get the story afterwards as well--following the trail of blood --Ick but so very Lois.

Finally--I love Clark's hospital scene--his confusion upon waking up--pain from the surgery--His parents and Lois. Just wonderfully put together.

He saw the concerned look Lois gave his mother.

“Bryant found more kryptonite in his chest,” Martha explained simply. Lois nodded and Clark had a sense than something had passed between the two women. Something he didn’t understand.
Poor Clark is just to ill to figure things out yet.

And then Jonathan drops that bomb on him--even if he is trying to help (ever the voice of reason) Clark must really feel like he's been hit by a truck.

Looking forward to the next installment!! grovel Soon Please!!!

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#40922 03/24/07 12:56 PM
Top Banana
OP Online Content
Top Banana
Thank you, thank you clap

I'm really enjoying this fic!! Thanks for the update [Thumbsup]
George Nelson. . .help me remember--that's Baby Face righ??

quote: Monroe shrugged. “Let’s get Mister Nelson here some clothes before we take him down to headquarters,” she instructed.

“Why are you taking me down to headquarters?”

“Routine questioning,” Sheehan said, walking in. “Oh, and welcome to 1994, Mister Gillis. And in case you didn’t know, there’s still no statute of limitations on murder.”

[Big Grin] I like the statute of limitations comment--I always thought that the clones were having it a bit to easy--leagally.
Yup, Baby Face Nelson - His real name was Lester Gillis, but he used George Nelson. He was a psychotic killer who worked for Dillinger. There is some belief that he never actually worked for Capone, but he would have been known by him.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#40923 05/04/07 07:11 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
cmon huury up with the next one!! dance party

#40924 05/04/07 08:25 AM
Top Banana
OP Online Content
Top Banana
I'll be back working on Death In the City sometime next week. Between RL and and challenge on another board that took way longer than I'd planned... dance

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard