Print Thread
#40360 03/12/07 08:07 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, interesting, Dandello. I have to admit that I haven't been following this story too closely up until now. But this part is interesting. Clark was really, really seriously hurt when he was shot? And he was hurt because the bullets contained Kryptonite? But the doctors at the hospital still don't seem to know that Clark is Superman? And Lois has no idea, as usual? But Henderson ordered a guard? Does he know?

Eh - but is it really true that the doctors don't know? I'm scratching my head at something the doctor said:

“It depends on how fast you heal. For you, it may be a couple weeks, for somebody else, maybe several months.
The doctor expects Clark to heal much faster than others? Doesn't that have to mean that he knows? But - it may be several weeks before Clark recovers?

This is certainly an interesting twist on the TV episode. I suppose those guys who shot Clark, or at least the man who paid them to do it, must know that Clark is Superman.

Interesting!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“What if the tests were done by an outside lab? A number instead of a name?”

“You can do that?” Clark asked. The fear was still in his voice, but tempered with a touch of hope. He unclenched his hands, splaying out his fingers as if to stretch them, trying to force himself to relax.
“It depends on how fast you heal. For you, it may be a couple weeks, for somebody else, maybe several months.
“Also, hospitals are no places for heroes.
Boy, it sure looks like the good Dr. has him figured out. But it also looks like he can be trusted. smile1

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lois must feel like she's looking at a big jigsaw puzzle with most of the edge pieces in place. She can almost see the finished product, but because it's not something she's envisioned before, she can't quite identify it. But she knows it's something familiar, something that elicits a positive reaction in her.

When will Clark figure out that he also needs sunlight in order to heal? When will Capone and company learn that Clark isn't dead? What will Nigel do when he finds out, and what will he surmise? And where the heck is Jimmy?

Very good story. Very tight, very 'in character' for all the major participants. Keep it up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where we are: Capone has Jimmy and the gang has taken off somewhere.

The Kent seniors are on their way to Metropolis.

The SCU (AKA SWAT Team) is looking to corner Dillinger.

Dr. Bryant didn't get to be chief trauma surgeon by being blind or dumb - he knows he's dealing with an alien named Clark Kent and who is probably Superman. And yes, Clark did get seriously injured when he got shot.

Barrow's orders were to shoot Superman when he showed up at the club only he shot Clark instead, wasting half the kryptonite ammo they had.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
That sounds about right Dandello, although I hadn't thought of the doctor knowing, but in light of his/her solution to Clark's nervousness, it makes sense.

Lois' puzzle with edge pieces might be one with most of Clark's face filled in except for his hair, enough to to show he's wearing a suit, but some really colorful red and yellow pieces she doesn't know what to do with.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoying your story.
Monroe stepped closer to the large vat filled with blue goo and something that almost looked like a human body. “Holy mother of God,” Monroe murmured.
Eewww! Vivid and icky image ....

Others have already quoted the bit between the Dr. and Clark doing the tests by number at an outside lab. Great interaction between both of them. The Dr.'s comments were so revealing and yet Lois still didn't get it. :rolleyes:
BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I thought it was pretty obvious that the Dr. was in on it. In fact, I felt sure he was trying to let Clark know that he knew.

On the other hand, I just want to slap Lois. Think, woman! THINK! Although it is pretty early for her to put all the pieces together.

Well done. I'm enjoying every time I see a new part posted. I know before I open it that it will be well written.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard