Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3937 07/01/03 03:24 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1 I think she took it very well.

Beautiful story. drool

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, this was fabulous, Nan! I really enjoyed the whole thing, all the way from the Superman nightlight to the final line <g> And the answer is, Ellen, Lois figured it out because she was a *lot* closer to both of them than you ever were! goofy

I notice they're still not telling anyone about CJ's real origins, but it would be terribly difficult to explain. Some of us like to joke that our husbands are just like our sons, but we don't mean it quite that literally! goofy

I didn't notice anything missing ... although it usually takes me a while to process this kind of thing smile If anything occurs to me later, I'll let you know.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
smile1 hyper

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Nan, you are still the goddess of the adventure story wrapped around good B-plot. Once again, you told a great story that involved Ellen and made her a more positive character. You even managed to show that Lois takes after her mother. As well, you managed to tell the whole story while Lois was sitting on the couch keeping her brood safe and sound. And then Ellen and Sam learn who Clark really is.

I'm surprised that Sam doesn't admit that he figured it out. Although I realize that might not bode well with his relationship with Ellen ("You knew and didn't tell me"), I wonder how Clark and Lois would react if they knew the secret wasn't so secret.

I bow to the goddess of adventure and anxiously await the birth of the triplets under more dire circumstances,
gerry

Columnist
Columnist
Nan, if my insomnia is going to be rewarded like this all the time, I just might give up sleeping!

Great job! I loved everything about this. Good final line. I certainly can't see anything missing.

Looking forward to the next story in the series.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, what, if anything, needs to be added?
Maybe, that Sam and Ellen knew before during a shot time?

Otherwise, fantastic!!! clap clap

Jose

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

This was a great action story with plenty of inter-family relationships thrown in.

Loved the little bedtime scene with Clark and his sons, and Ellen took the news so well.

Can't wait for the next story in this series.

Yours Jenni

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap

Well, I'm kind of sorry this one is finished. But it all got wrapped up wonderfully.

"Tomorrow will be soon enough," Ellen said. "It will give me time to think of some good ones."
rotflol

Like Gerry, I was waiting for Sam to speak up, but, also like Gerry, I figured it wasn't exactly diplomatic of him to do so, so I understood why he didn't.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this over the weeks you've been posting, Nan - next story soon please!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A great ending!
I love this story! smile1

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Woohoo! Ellen finally knows! And she's taking it much better than I had thought. I guess she's just relieved to actually know where he's going. laugh

Great story, and I can't think of anything else you should add. It's good!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice way to tie things up. I liked the fact that Clark's rev was almost anticlimatic.

I can't wait until you start the next story, where the triplets are born.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan!

That was fantastic! You wrote the suspense so well, I was on the edge of my seat. I need a nail-bitting graemlin... but instead I'll just bow down to your wonderful writing notworthy

And your Ellen was fabulous, you can tell Lois is her daughter smile

I liked the fact that Clark acknowledges that he is scared about telling people the secret, a nice touch.

Thank you laugh

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AWESOME!!! as usual by our personal mistress of intrigue. I have to say that your stories in this series feel more like perfectly written hour long episodes of our favorite drama.. I think that LnC would have gone to seven seasons had they had you as part of their writing team that is for sure. smile

smile1 I too want to get to the next installment in your version of the series... so it might be helpful if you started to write it <g>.

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am so glad that you wrote an epilogue for this. I loved the way it all worked out. Clarks son coming out asking about the book was an adorable touch too. Great job all around. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
What Gerry said, except for that last line.

Well done story, but I am disappointed that you didn't take the opportunity to rid Lois and Clarkdom of one of its most annoying characters. Yep, Ellen Lane is right up there with Jimmy Olsen as a lame, irritating, supporting character. I'm not too fond of Sam Lane either. I think Lois is much better off without parents. If she needs any family for anything she can use Lucy.

Time for Nan to give us a nice L&C story that doesn't include a Lois and Clark with a houseful of kids.

Tank (who admits that the thought of Lois carrying triplets makes him physically ill)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
great job
loved the whole story and am looking forward to the next one in the series.
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan, I loved this, as I've loved *all* the other stories in the "Dagger" series. This is the first time that I grew to like Ellen Lane as a character, and could see how Lois is the product (i.e. Sam's intellect and ambition and Ellen's curiosity and stubbornness). The final line is priceless.

If you were to add anything, I'd put in a couple of more Lois/Clark character interchanges. Granted this was Ellen's story, but something that I love about the rest of your stories is the understated but romantic little conversations and/or actions between the two title characters. This was a great adventure story but a bit light on sweet fluff.

Anyway, I still loved it and can't wait for the triplets, more CJ and Linda, more Marta, more....
well you get the picture.

L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Great story, I have read it for the second time

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard