Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Nan! wave

What fortuitous timing! I just finished reading part 3 and along you came with part 4. So I have the pleasure of starting the fdk thread.

Goody.

I loved this story. Way too cute and waffy. And after reading part 3, I say that you should definitely have a glass of wine while writing more often. <g>

I really enjoyed this and although it ended nicely, I'm sad to see it go. <g>

I have to quote my favorite part from this final part:

"No," Lois said. "We don't want an annulment. What we wanted was for you to arrange for two weeks off for us so we can have our honeymoon."

The coughing at the other end of the line led her to suspect that Perry might have inhaled some of his coffee. "Did I hear you right, honey?" he finally managed to choke out. "Are you sure you're really over the pheromone stuff?"
I laughed myself silly over Perry choking on his coffee at this.

Thanks Nan!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
happy sigh!!

Thank you Nan--that was sweet *and* satisfying!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Hey Nan, I just caught up and finished this story. It's so cute and sweet! I just love it!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful story. I love stories where you get reactions like Perry's, so this was especially cute.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
love

Loved the story.

Loved Martha and Jonathan's reaction! lol

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE IT!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute story.

I like Nan's version of waffy. Romantic without being overly sentimental or cloying. You don't need to see them ripping each other's clothes off to know that they love each other (I mean who would actually want to see Clark without his clothes?).

Tank (who says that romance is a state of mind, not of undress)

Top Banana
Top Banana
romance is a state of mind, not of undress
I totally agree, Tank. smile

But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a well-written Nfic every once in a while. wink

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved it and am sad to see it go. I love to read waffy stories like this. clap
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved it and am sad to see it go. I love to read waffy stories like this. clap
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww.... what a sweet, satisfying, perfect conclusion. smile

I liked their cover story about how they were both exposed just from *talking* to Superman lol Nice way to put a little discreet distance in there...

Thanks for sharing, Nan smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
"We haven't seen you in the news for several days," Jonathan's voice said. Her husband must have picked up the extension in the barn.

"Yeah, I know," Clark said. "I've been kind of busy with personal stuff. Lois and I will be dropping by to tell you the whole story, but we wanted to let you know that we're in Hawaii, on our honeymoon. We got married three days ago."

Martha almost dropped the phone. "You did *what*?"
Oh, yeah! That was everything they hoped it would be. It takes a lot to surprise an unflappable gal like Martha, but this would do it.

Perry's voice emerged from the receiver. "Lois? Where the Sam Hill are you? Are you all right? Is Clark with you?"

--snip--

"What in the name o' Memphis are you doin' there? Or do I want to know?"
And Perry's was just what you would expect, too. Full of bluster and nervous yelling. Perfect.

The coughing at the other end of the line led her to suspect that Perry might have inhaled some of his coffee. "Did I hear you right, honey?" he finally managed to choke out. "Are you sure you're really over the pheromone stuff?"
Mm hmm. This is classic Perry White.

"I just wanted to ask you if you're sure about this, son. I know Lois is quite a woman, but she's a handful, even for your old editor. Are you *sure* this is what you want?"
Shame on you, Perry.

Love it. It's a shame the story is over.

Elisabeth

V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Yea, nice story smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan,

That was simply a beautiful love story. I've been scarce in comments because of real life busyness, but I have been following.

That was a cute rewrite of the Pharamones episode. I'm glad that Lois didn't immediately demand an anullment and accuse Clark of taking advantage of her. I love Clark's insecurities in the 3rd chapter.

(I mean who would actually want to see Clark without his clothes?).
Tank, I don't have enough space for the names to answer that rhetorical question. And when Clark Kent = Dean Cain...me pants.

Keep writing, Nan. The love stories are my favorites! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so sweet, Nan. If you didn't know it already, those funny, WAFFy, darlingly sexy, beautifully all-Lois-and-Clark-in-character B-plot stories are my favorites. And I loved this one!!! rotflol

"Did you just say what I thought I heard you say?" Perry asked.

"Yes," Lois said, fighting the urge to giggle. "Clark Kent and I got married."

"Are you thinkin' the Planet's lawyers might be able to arrange an annulment?" Perry asked. "I'm not sure that's possible, considering the -- uh -- circumstances. Of course, since you weren't in your right minds ...."
Oh, poor Perry, the things he will do for Lois, who's like a daughter to him!!!

"No," Lois said. "We don't want an annulment. What we wanted was for you to arrange for two weeks off for us so we can have our honeymoon."

Awwww - he just can't believe this of Mad Dog Lane....

"We're over it," Lois said. "Clark and I just decided to stop pretending that we weren't -- well, attracted to each other. So --"

"Never mind," Perry said hastily. "You've got two weeks. Congratulations -- I think."
Oh, so funny, all the time!

"Well, he took that better than I expected," Clark said, after he had hung up.

"Perry's a romantic at heart," Lois said. "I guess we're going to have to put up with some ribbing when we get back, though."

"Probably," Clark said. "If we take it with good humor it'll die down pretty fast, though. Nothing is so boring for people to talk about as a normal married couple.
I think it's a very good idea that they are going to be away for two whole weeks. That way Lois, in particular, can get used to being married, and she will be able to meet her colleagues at the Daily Planet without being embarrassed. Anyway, I very much liked the way Lois talked about her marriage to Perry. There was certainly no sign of embarrassment there - not that Perry would tease her, of course.

Ah, but - I loved this story! Thank you, Nan!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful! laugh

Of course, now we need the sequels.

You do have the sequels started, right? I mean, you can't think this is over. They're *married* after knowing each other for all of, what, 2 months? Soul mates or no, this is bound to get interesting.

What about when he meets her parents? What happens when the the New Kryptonians come? How about Contact--would he leave his wife the way he left his fiancee? wildguy Um...please? peep

wink

~•~
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, it's really over, at least for now. I've had several persons bugging me for a new Home story, and I think it's time Lori had her baby. However, I'll definitely keep the thought of a sequel for The Newlywed Game in mind, and when an idea pops up, the way it did for the first two, I'll be sure to write it down.

Thanks to everyone for their great feedback. You gave me ideas that I might not have thought of without it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(I mean who would actually want to see Clark without his clothes?).
Well, hey, Tank, I’m raising my hand... (And who the heck would want to see Lois naked? rotflol )

Awww.... great story, Nan. Maybe we can pull you over to the ‘dark’ side yet!

I want to see another sequel. I’d love a little vignette of what happens when they get back to the Planet.

I think it's time Lori had her baby.
Okay, if Lori has a baby, I give you a break on this story...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story. Poor Perry. That certianly wasn't a phone call he ever expected to get.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
H
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
H
lol i loved it great fic nan Perry's reaction was pricless.

New Rule: Don't call me when you're stuck in traffic. It's not my fault radio sucks. And did it ever occur to you that there wouldn't be so much traffic if people like you put down the phone and concentrated on the road? Besides, I can't talk now--I'm in the car behind you, trying to watch a DVD.~Bill Maher
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard