Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#38717 02/07/07 07:45 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
See guys? Peer Pressure does pay off in the end!

BTW, you guys owe me some serious chocolate, now!
Give me your address and what kind you like. I think I owe you for some Dean movies... wink

well you're going to be disappointed.
Definitely not disappointed!

I'm almost hoping this one is so bad that you'll stop asking me for more.
Fat chance! This is great!

And Bruce - as himself - was hoping for an opportunity to get his picture taken with the guy. Not because he actually wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Superman and Bruce Wayne were two different people.
Of course they're the same people... as sure as Clark Kent is Batman!

The $25,000 that he was auctioned for was only half the amount that Superman brought in.
Well really, what could you expect, Bruce? Look at the guy...

Bruce Wayne wondered what would have happened if he'd shown up as the Dark Knight, instead.
Maybe 3/4ths of what Superman brought in? wink

The aptly named Man of Steel was just a big bunch of indestructible muscles.
Mmmm, indestructible muscles...

She had batted her eyelashes exactly three times and Clark had readily accepted.
rotflol Love that line!

And Clark - as himself - was hoping for an opportunity to get his picture taken with the guy. Not because he wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Batman and Clark Kent were two different people.
*Giggle* I liked the parallel between the parts!

Making up one of his patented bad excuses, he ran off to offer assistance.
Bathroom break?

that insanely ugly tie?
Okay, maybe the last one wasn't, but that's the bread tie, right?? wink

"I told you I wasn't Batman," Clark said with a lopsided smile.
I can just see that adorable, smug smile.

Great one, Lara! Of course, you know, we're waiting for the next one. wink

Jessi
(And *wow*, told you you'd have plenty of feedback! You had three more before I even finished my own!)

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#38718 02/07/07 07:51 PM
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Heh, I loved this one. Really funny smile

Just imagine, dark and broody Batman struggling to contain laughter...

#38719 02/07/07 07:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay. I don't really have time for a full review just because it's midnight where I am, I have to get up in 5 hours, and I am trying to get the next chapter of Darkest Dreams done, but I saw this and I had to read it. I absolutely love these "Clark Kent is Batman" stories you have...absolutely hilarious! I love how you have Bruce and Clark having the same problems about each others' identities, if that makes sense. Anyway, it was amazing, and I just wanted you to know that you have one more reader out here who thinks this is brilliant.

Keep it up! thumbsup

SmirkyRaven

#38720 02/07/07 07:57 PM
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol

OMG, that was so funny! I'd love to see another one of these stories from you.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#38721 02/08/07 01:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lara, that was brilliant!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#38722 02/08/07 05:42 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That was funny, Lara! And yes, I remember Barry telling Iris that he was the Flash (it was at breakfast on their first anniversary, I think) and she very cooly tells him that she already knows because he talks in his sleep. I always wondered why she wasn't mad because he tried to keep it from her. Guess all women aren't Lois Lane.

Now we're ready for 'E.' Hmm. How about 'Everything's Coming Up ?' where '?' refers to the text of your story.

You are going to finish the alphabet, aren't you?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#38723 02/08/07 06:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*clap* Nice one. ^_^ I'm glad you continued the story!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#38724 02/08/07 07:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't even begin to tell you what it does to me when I come back here and I see there's feedback on something I posted. Half the time I sit here, staring at the screen, in utter disbelief... I'm just so amazed and blown away and ah... a little bit teary eyed, too. What an idiot, huh?

Jessi - thank you!! For starting the thread, for all your sweet comments and for the moral support. hehehe! smile1

Terry!! You know, a lot of the blame for these stories falls on your shoulders. It's those darned strawberries and cream you offered me! You single-handedly turned a 20 minute challenge into a challenge that's going to last me this entire year... If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were the king of evil. hehe!

Now we're ready for 'E.'
Yeah, I'm sure you are. The trouble is... I honestly can't think of a title for one. I have a GREAT idea for a story that fits this series, but I stupidly thought that "illicit" was written with an "E" and so I'll have to push that idea to the side for a while. *sigh*

Hey Jojo! Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you're glad. hehehe! laugh I was SO glad you picked up on what I meant in another thread when I said I was working on a story that had a title that begun with a D.

I can't promise when you'll be getting the E story. If I had a title, it might come a lot faster... I'm open to suggestions, btw.

But I'll tell you a secret... I have ideas for G, I, Y and Z already.

And now I guess I'm going to need to go create a TOC for all my TOCs. *rofl*

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. dance

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#38725 02/08/07 10:25 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Late to the party, I'm sorry!

"Have we met before?" Superman asked Bruce. He looked at the man facing him and examined his features closely. The shape of the nose, the curve of the jaw and that small mole on the side of his nose, next to his right eye.

"I don't think so," Bruce answered. He frowned and tilted his head to the side, looking at Superman as closely as he was looking at him. He'd seen him somewhere, he was sure of it.
(giggle)

Women totally went for the dark and disturbed type! Besides... Superman wasn't even in the same league he was! Batman was a brilliant detective and an accomplished martial arts practitioner. The aptly named Man of Steel was just a big bunch of indestructible muscles. Nothing was a challenge to him, it all came free and easy and he flaunted it all over the place, in that flashy costume. Annoying overachieving showoff. That's what Superman was.
lol He's jealous! Too funny.

She had batted her eyelashes exactly three times and Clark had readily accepted.
This fic is chock full of good lines, Lara. This is another one I liked.

He... um, he saved me?" Clark offered.
You're killing me with laughter, seriously! I've got to stop reading your stuff at work.

This was great, Lara. Thank you!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#38726 02/08/07 11:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bruce - as Batman - had been meaning to get in contact with Metropolis' resident superhero. And Bruce - as himself - was hoping for an opportunity to get his picture taken with the guy. Not because he actually wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Superman and Bruce Wayne were two different people.
dizzy intellect, my dear...

"Hey, haven't I met you before?" Batman asked Clark, in a low voice. He looked at the man facing him and examined his features closely. The shape of the nose, the curve of the jaw and that small freckle right above his lip.

"I don't think..." Clark started. He frowned and tilted his head to the side, looking at the Caped Crusader as closely as he was looking at him. They definitely had met before, Clark realized. Suddenly, it hit him.

"Hey, you're Sup..." Batman started

"You're Bru..." Clark said, simultaneously.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Sorry for all the rotflol but I was on a roll... wink

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#38727 02/08/07 01:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
:waves: at Lisa! Hey, I saw that you posted a story, I read through it real quick, but no time to concentrate on it yet. I'll be back. smile

I'm glad you liked the batting eyelashes - it's my very fav one of all. The other one, I thought was so much more amusing if I phrased it in the form of a question (mmm. I sense some Jeopardy influence here!)

Thanks for the comments, I'm so glad you're enjoying these little bits of nonsense I've been posting. You should see the title I came up with for the letter G. ROFL It's just a little bit on the other side of "completely crazy" hehehe!

James!! You *killed* me with your comment!!! "I'm on a roll" - OMG! You have NO idea how much I love a really delirious pun like that. Thank you!!

Thank you everyone. You've really made my day!!

#38728 02/08/07 02:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bruce - as Batman - had been meaning to get in contact with Metropolis' resident superhero. And Bruce - as himself - was hoping for an opportunity to get his picture taken with the guy. Not because he actually wanted to own such a cheesy piece of memorabilia, rather because he could use it as proof that Superman and Bruce Wayne were two different people.
laugh notworthy

I can't promise when you'll be getting the E story. If I had a title, it might come a lot faster... I'm open to suggestions, btw.

Eggs, Evil, Everything, Ever, Exactly, Educational, Ectoplasmic?, Edward Nygma?

Erotic? devil

~•~
#38729 02/08/07 02:56 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Erotic?
I think you found your title, Lara! wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#38730 02/08/07 03:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Edward Nygma?
LOL! I laughed so much I cried!!

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions. laugh

As for... um... Erotic... What? Am I supposed to understand you want me to write an nfic in this series, now? Gee...

#38731 02/11/07 03:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rather because he could use it as proof that Superman and Bruce Wayne were two different people.
rotflol

Perhaps Superman had an alter ego, just as Batman did, Bruce reasoned. Maybe this was the person he recognized. Batman was as shady as Superman was flashy and so Bruce deduced that, whoever Superman really was, his other identity would be a polar opposite of this one. Superman's alter ego had to be as subdued as Bruce Wayne was flamboyant. It was only logical, especially considering the Last Son of Krypton didn't bother with a mask. Whoever he was, though, Bruce just couldn't place him.
I like this study in contrasts.

Oh, that’s so funny! Folks think Bruce is Superman, and ‘some’ folks think Clark is Batman. Love it!

Give me your address and what kind you like. I think I owe you for some Dean movies...
The woman’s incredible, isn’t she?

Yes, I noticed the parallels and I liked them (better since I’ve done it, too).

Everyone’s Someone so Lois Lane must be Batgirl (but Clark is *not* Batman)...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#38732 02/11/07 04:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone’s Someone so Lois Lane must be Batgirl (but Clark is *not* Batman)...
Batgirl? Well, of course not. Everybody knows that Lois Lane is UltraWoman. duh!

rotflol

#38733 02/11/07 04:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course she is! But hey, if folks think that Bruce is Superman and that Clark is Batman then why shouldn't they think that Lois is Batgirl? (My wild stab at a title and inspiration for your muse.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#38734 02/11/07 04:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But hey, if folks think that Bruce is Superman and that Clark is Batman then why shouldn't they think that Lois is Batgirl?
Well... I won't spoil the next stories, but if anyone ever thinks Lois is someone, there's a better chance of it being Supergirl than Batgirl. Especially considering Supergirl was at one point seeing Lex Luthor, in the comics, until she realized that he was evil. Sound familiar? wink

And there you go.. I've probably said way too much now...

#38735 02/11/07 04:53 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Didn't I comment on this? Guess I was getting a little tired of award-winning galactically stupid investigative reporter Lois Lane, who's forever getting the wool pulled over her eyes. I don't promise I'll read and comment if next chapter is called Edward Nygma - nice name, though....

But if next chapter is called Erotic... I guess that's another matter. laugh

Ann

#38736 02/11/07 06:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Guess I was getting a little tired of award-winning galactically stupid investigative reporter Lois Lane, who's forever getting the wool pulled over her eyes.
Awww! She was barely in this one, though... And she was even sweet enough to be worried about Clark. I thought I was being kinda nice to her, really...

The next chapter, I won't tell you what it's called yet, cause it ruins the punch a bit... BUT: there are no galactically stupid people in it and it should actually be quite the waffy little thing. Definitely waffy. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard