Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
"Uh Mom, this is Clark, uh, Lois and I sort of, um, we eloped."

"WHAT!!"

Can't wait for the next part. hyper

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
I read this part over at the other board just now, and I'm glad you decided to continue the story. smile

Looking forward to part 2!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Nice!

Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy if I were a boss and my employees disappeared either smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nan, I loved it. It was so good to see that Lois didn't blow her top when she woke up, as I was afraid she would. She was crying instead, and I felt so sorry for her! But Clark will not let her down. It was really adorably sweet, both of them waking up, extremely hungover, none of them angry, but very nervous and afraid about how the other one would react. Will Superman stay married to Lois Lane? And will Lois Lane stay married to Clark Kent?

I love how they tread so carefully around each other, so in love, so hung over, and so afraid that the other one will leave them. And I love Lois's suggestion that they might as well stay in Hawaii and get their money's worth!

I loved it, Nan!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it, Nan!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the below converstation!

“Lois? Are you all right?” he asked, finally.

“No,” she grumbled. “And keep your voice down.”

Since he had spoken at a level barely above a whisper, he wasn’t sure how to answer her.

“What happened?” he finally settled on. “Do you know?”

“Sort of,” Lois mumbled. She didn’t remove her arm from over her eyes. “It must have been Miranda's pheromone. I wondered why you didn’t react to it the first time. But the 100% stuff got even you.”

Uh oh.

“What happened after that?”

“I kissed you at the airport. I must have picked up a little of the pheromone from you. The last thing I remember clearly was leaving the newsroom, intending to go to your place.”

Double uh-oh.

“Anything else?”

“Sort of. Don’t you remember anything?”

“Maybe. Kind of.” Clark cast back into his jumbled memories. The headache and the general unsteadiness of his stomach made it hard to think. He had gone to the Arctic right after capturing Miranda, he recalled. Lois had been the reason. He’d decided to present himself to her as Superman. That was it. Then he’d gone back to Metropolis, to the Daily Planet, and asked Perry about her ...

“You were at my apartment,” he said.

“Yeah,” Lois mumbled. “Can’t this wait until the headache goes away?”

“Is this what you felt like when you came out of the pheromone in my apartment?”

“Yeah. Shut up, will you?”
3 days eek shock with lots of sloppy love

Looking forward to the next post.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile

One of things I always like about your writing, Nan, is the sense you give the reader of setting. Am hearing the surf as I write this. smile

That's some headache/hangover laugh

“No,” she grumbled. “And keep your voice down.”

Since he had spoken at a level barely above a whisper,
LOL!

“I kissed you at the airport. I must have picked up a little of the pheromone from you. The last thing I remember clearly was leaving the newsroom, intending to go to your place.”

Double uh-oh.
laugh

But she’d told Superman that she loved him *and* Clark. Would that hold, now that the pheromone was wearing off?
That's our Clark - always doubting smile

And so is Lois! Angst, Nan! - not sure I can handle that. laugh
Ah, but they're pulling back and being a bit more reasonable. Reaching for the aspirin.

And now for a bit of hooky- very reasonable decision. uh.. hope Clark won't have his shirt on in the next part either.

c.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cool, the sequal we all wanted!

Please don't make us wait too long for the next part. grovel

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this is what Kathy Brown used to call "together angst." They might be worried and embarrassed or whatever, but they're together.

It's really interesting to see a PML rewrite that has Lois waking up, seeing where she is, and instead of attacking Clark, she's comfortable (mostly) with being there with him. Still a kind of "ack! what are we going to do" situation, but the key word is "we."

Not long ago, she was all, "There is me. There is you. There is no us."

But now there is, and that's just kinda cool. WAFFy, even.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard