Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wow, Nan! Had me on the edge of my seat!

Glad your finger is feeling better.

Considering the speed at which Superman could move, Clark would have no difficulty in appearing to be virtually in two places at once, should he choose to do so.
help But... no, she's ok... and the phone was not mysteriously missing, and neither was the tear gas, but...

As she left the bedroom, her heel caught on the place in the rug where the seam between the bedroom and living room carpet had begun to fray.
eek

So maybe he's NOT in the apartment with her... but now she's going back OUT? shock

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
Aargh a cliffhanger! smile1

Good part Nan! smile

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Way to ratchet up the tension, Nan! This is great. I like how you have Ellen's thought processes -- we know she's in danger, but only because we know things she doesn't. From her perspective, she's being nervous over nothing.

I am glad she's wearing flat shoes now. And the tear gas may come in handy, too.

Post more!!! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL at the title of this thread! laugh

Great part Nan! Way to keep us all hooked!

Yikes, Ellen..be careful! shock

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. smile1 Ellen's camara help Clark to figure out the killer identity.

It wasn't really important, she decided. The important thing, now, was to find out what Clark was really doing if he wasn't chasing skirts. Once she knew for sure, she could drop the matter. She hadn't really wanted to prove that he was cheating on Lois, after all. Except for her suspicions about his extra-curricular activities, she liked her son-in-law. He was pretty hard to dislike, really. He had the kind of personality that attracted people, which was one of the things that had made her suspicious. Too often, a charming personality masked a darker secret, as Lex Luthor's had. She had never equated Clark with Lex, but it had made her wary.
eek It bother Ellen that Clark could be a Luthor in disguise.

After a few moments, her heart ceased its heavy thumping and she took a deep breath, forcing herself to relax. There was no reason to be afraid. If she didn't watch it, she'd be heading into the bathroom for her tranquilizers, which she was trying very hard to learn to live without. Not only were they expensive, but they made her feel dependent on them, apprehensive when they weren't within reach. They reminded her unpleasantly of the time, years ago now, when the bottle of vodka, or any other alcoholic beverage, had been her constant companion, and it didn't matter that her doctor and Sam both had tried to tell her that it wasn't the same. To her, they were a sign of weakness: a crutch. She didn't want or need a crutch, ever again.
help Ellen, your daughter is married to Superman.

Sam blinked. The face in the printout was familiar. "Clark, I've seen this guy before."
eek The security guard on their floor.

"I may do that," Clark said. "I'll be back, shortly." He headed for the elevator at a half-run.
confused Don't Clark use the stair.

More soon, please.

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Oh, Nan. My poor heart. I can't believe how well you build the suspense and the tension. Please write quickly or I'll have to read only completed Nan stories.

gerry

Columnist
Columnist
Great installment, Nan! You have me on the edge of my seat.

I'm really looking forward to more.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto on the great installation!

More soon please.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
great part
ditto others
and I hate cliffhangers
more soon please
merry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

WOW! This is great! thumbsup
Hopefully she'll be okay. eek

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eeeep!

Nice racking up of tension in this one, Nan, love the way everything is falling smoothly into place. I enjoyed Sam's musings on whether or not Clark was Superman and seems he's finally grown up some when it comes to women. wink Very sweet.

Ellen continues to entertain - you've given us a very sympathetic version of the character while keeping her entirely in character, which is a delight to read.

So, Clark is on the trail - hurry up, Clark before Ellen gets herself in more trouble! (Although it's becoming clear where Lois gets her traits from, so I won't be at all surprised if Ellen hasn't dealt with the matter herself before Superman gets anywhere near. goofy ) Go, Ellen! <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for all the comments.! I hadn't realized that I'd made it as suspenseful as it turned out until I read it over, myself. It exceeded my own expectations, which isn't bad. evil

I'll have the next part up as soon as I'm sure I have it right. This has been a hectic week, with the twins starting summer school and my hubby in Hawaii for a job, but fortunately, he's back now. (Yes, he actually was working laugh )

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard