Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3398 06/19/03 06:25 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oooh. The stalker's getting close to Ellen. I'm glad that couple came up when they did! I just hope Clark stops to get Ellen before going to the Planet. You're starting to give me shivers! wink Can't wait to see the next part.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#3399 06/19/03 07:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the tension ratchets up another notch... Ellen needs to call Lois, pronto! This stalker guy is seriously creepy.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#3400 06/19/03 08:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You Go Ellen! So is her son in law going to save her and fly her home. Will she say Thanks ClarK! Looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#3401 06/19/03 09:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup thumbsup

Moments could be too long, she found herself thinking. The silence lengthened, and suddenly there was sound, as a car entered the garage and pulled past her into a nearby spot. Two residents of the building, whom she recognized as a retired lawyer and his wife, got out and strolled in a leisurely fashion toward her. Scott Tighe stopped suddenly and glanced quickly around. Ellen became aware of the irregular sound of retreating footsteps echoing though the structure.
:rolleyes: Now, she get it.

She reached for the phone. "I want to see those police reports," she said. "I think we may we have a serial killer on our hands."
thumbsup Getting good.

Lois nodded. "Be careful. And Clark, there was one other thing that bothered me. A woman reported seeing a man hanging around the home of one of the victims, and described him to the police. She was found shot to death a couple of weeks later."
confused How the murder knew she describe the man to the police?

"Yeah. It's in the fax. You'd better go, Clark. I'm worried about Candy, and Mother. If the person she saw slashing the tires was the stalker --"

"Your mom could be in danger," Clark finished. "The guy does seem to cover his tracks pretty carefully. I'll find her, and bring her here for safety until we nail this character."
confused She is alone in an apartment, where the murder have the keys.
confused Where is Sam?

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#3402 06/19/03 09:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Chills are running up and down my spine... oooh why do I do this to myself? I know that you write mysteries and that I suck at them...arrrgghhh!

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#3403 06/19/03 11:00 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
What everyone else said! I'm really getting sucked in... and I love mysteries! laugh

This is great! Keep it coming!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#3404 06/19/03 11:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice post, nan. looks like bobby's leads are panning out (just too bad that while he knew which cases to point out from all the stalkings and murders in the country and even some basic info about the guy that he didn't also know his name).

so, we've got a serial stalker/killer on our hands now, not just your basic random obsessed wacko. lovely. i'm sure candy (and ellen) will be so pleased when they find out.

wonder what he'll do with ellen's keys.

nice to see that her speculations are turning towards more productive directions, especially knowing that l&c are planning to tell her anyway (so we don't have to worry too much about the consequences of her figuring things out, if she does).

i'm a bit worried, though, about this trike repair scene. i'm not so comfortable with l&c discussing murder, stalking, and scare tactics in front of little jimmy, not to mention clark's obvious use of heat vision to fix the trike. even if jimmy doesn't quite understand what happened, there's nothing to keep him from saying something about how his daddy fixed his trike by looking at it funny until it went glowy and started working again.

anyway, looking forward to seeing where things go.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#3405 06/19/03 11:52 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nan, good instalment.

But I don't understand Lois. She doesn't want her mother to be murdered? After all the times she's threatened to kill her herslef? This is the perfect opportunity. No guilt. (Lois could even arrange to have her mother done in herself and everyong would just think it was the serial stalker/killer.)

Looking forward to the next chilling chapter.

Tank (who wonders if the gentle readers can tell that he's not to keen on Ellen Lane)

#3406 06/19/03 02:39 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Excellent installment, Nan.

I'm looking forward to more.

Irene
who rereads and rereads your stories all the time....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#3407 06/19/03 08:26 PM
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup

A slightly scandalous thought occurred to her, and she dismissed it at once. She wasn't going to go *that* route again, unless no other explanation presented itself. There had to be another answer, if she could just see it.
I can't believe she dismissed it! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#3408 06/19/03 11:12 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another wonderful segment, Nan. You have a real talent for making exposition interesting - the arrival of a disgruntled Jimmy in the initial scene was an inspired way to liven up the necessary facts.

My heart was pounding along with Ellen's in the parking lot. And eeep! She's in trouble! It was great to see her working her way through the clues though. Loved the not as tall and muscular conclusion. goofy ) This was especially cute:

"Did the police have any clues?" Clark asked. He had lowered his glasses, and Lois saw a tiny tendril of smoke rise from the metal pin that held on the rear wheel of Jimmy's tricycle. The four-year-old craned his neck, trying unsuccessfully to see over his father's shoulder. "There you go, sport. All fixed." He blew gently on the repaired pin. "You take it out on the patio and ride it there, okay?"

"'Kay, Daddy," Jimmy said. He planted a wet kiss on his father's cheek and departed, dragging the tricycle.
Made me get a lump in my throat. Darn you. <g>

"I'll feel better if you do," Lois said. "There are times I'd like to wring her neck, but I don't want her to be murdered."
snork

Brilliant. More soon!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#3409 06/20/03 12:55 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

WOW! An excellent part! thumbsup

Yikes! A serial killer! eek
You did a great job portraying the tension in the parking area. dizzy

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

#3410 06/20/03 11:10 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Good to see that Lois figured out that the stalker is actually a serial killer. But he's already killed a witness so I'm even more worried for Ellen. But I worry that if she hides at the Kent household, then the stalker will find her there. Didn't she have LnC's keys on the key chain as well...and the stalker did slash the Jeep's tires so that Ellen is tied in with Clark who is protecting Candy. Ohymgoodness! This is getting more and more exciting.

Can't wait for more...

gerry
(who's just coming into retirement and thinks she's going to like it)

#3411 06/20/03 02:57 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooh Nan,
great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry

#3412 06/24/03 10:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One nice thing about vacations...wonderful mulitple posts to read!!!

Nan, I think your getting soft, letting Ellen off so easy...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard