#33793 10/28/06 08:20 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, Lara, let's start with my hands-down favorite few lines from this part:

Flying with him seemed so strange now, she thought. It used to thrill her to no end, but it wasn't the same anymore. Now that she knew that Clark was Superman, it just felt strange. Like she was in a science-fiction movie, when she would have liked to be in a romance novel instead.
"Like she was in a science-fiction movie, when she would have liked to be in a romance novel instead...." I LOVE it!!!! It's so hilarious, and it's so smart, too! Imagine being Lois - surely you would sometimes think that you really are inside a science fiction movie? And surely you would think to yourself, now and then, that if your life has to be like fiction, couldn't it be like a romance novel instead? mecry

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ann, I'm SO glad that you liked my little scifi movie vs romance novel line. smile I was trying to explain how "alien" it felt now, when it used to feel immensely pleasurable - I couldn't find how to explain it any better than that. I'm just thrilled that the comparison worked. laugh

Well, I guess you can trust *this* Superman (and this Clark), Lois. This is not the guy from Superman the Movie, after all!
Hehehe! Glad you caught that. I've been slipping in several silly little references all through this story, I'm happy people notice them. smile There's going to be a list of all of them, when I'm done. Some are really very silly!!

Lara, do you know I have been a Lois fan since 1969?
Well, that's a lot longer than me. *lol* I was born precisely 6 months after Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. (yeah, don't tell me, I've missed out on LOTS of stuff!) I first started being of fan of Lois (I wanted to BE Lois Lane!) back in the summer of 1981 when I saw Superman II for the first time.

And then, in Superman II, she did find out, and he made love to her.... and then he rejected her, and for good measure, he took away her memory of their lovemaking... and of his double identity! And I just wanted to scream!!!
I can only agree here. I was SO mad at him for doing that, it was unbelievable! I fully expected that they would "live happily ever after" and all that -- I desperately wanted them to! But no, he goes and does that and for the first time in my life, I understood adult women who said that men were pigs. (LOL! I'm sorry for comparing Clark to a pig, but... seriously!!!!!)

So that's why I find it more painful than funny that Perry had figured out Clark's identity when Lois had not.
I don't remember the comics well enough and although I'm sure "movie Perry" would not have figured it out, this version of Perry (in L&C) is known to be very perceptive. So I think it's a fair assumption that he might have figured it out himself. BUT.... who's to say that he's known for longer than Lois has? He may have just figured it out during the course of this story. In fact, I think it's quite plausible that Clark's vague "family emergency" was the one thing that made Perry understand -- Clark suddenly needs to leave, when Superman is asked to go into hiding, and he has no real explanation for it, nor does he know how long he'll be gone. And the next thing Perry knows, Superman is asked to leave the city and Clark resigns...

I'd also like to point out that considering this episode (Man of Steel Bars) is the 9th in S1, my Lois is a LOT less stupid than the one on the show. It only took her a few months to figure it out. Because she did figure it out on her own.

Cause, quite frankly, I have to admit that I'm not all that crazy about "galactically stupid Lois" either. I mean, I know why they did it and I know it's part of what made the first 2 seasons so fun to watch, but it would have been a lot less irritating if she'd known sooner and had spent her time trying to prove that Clark was Superman instead. Definitely less irritating!!!

If it makes you feel any better, one of the stories I'm planning on working on next will have a much less vision impaired Lois in it. And a pretty dense Clark Kent, just to keep the balance. hehe! smile Lois is definitely starting to look like she will be the *real* hero in that one, so I've got a feeling you'll get a kick out of that. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
If it makes you feel any better, one of the stories I'm planning on working on next will have a much less vision impaired Lois in it. And a pretty dense Clark Kent, just to keep the balance. hehe! smile Lois is definitely starting to look like she will be the *real* hero in that one, so I've got a feeling you'll get a kick out of that. smile
Thanks, Lara! That sounds great!!! thumbsup

(And, for the record... I just love Lane Smith's Perry. I definitely agree with you that he could have figured out Clark's identity!)

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the line about the Biblical deluge.

Henderson shook his head. The scene was so incongruous, he could barely believe he was witnessing it. Grown men, clad in flashy skin-tight spandex, acting like a couple teenage kids. No doubt they lived in some fantasy world where their only concern was showing up to save the day. "They'd never survive living in the real world, like the rest of us," he thought to himself with a sigh.
How little Henderson knows. Haha!

Her eyes grew wide as she remembered that lasers weren't the only things the man could do with those beautiful brown eyes of his... Uh oh!
Hehe..

I doubt he's interested in knowing what color it is!"
Pink?

Babble, Lois, babble.

"I'll be around," he promised
Hah! SR.

Perry had made about Clark possibly coming back when things 'cooled down', though, wouldn't it?
What?

Oh, come on, Lois! Clark didn't tell Perry. Perry figured it out himself.

Isn't Lois reaction to Perry knowing just a little bit overboard?

Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
Lois: That is... totally retarded.
(Smallvile, ep. "Reunion")
I noticed this, too. I see you also liked it.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I doubt he's interested in knowing what color it is!"
Pink?
Dunno, I didn't look either. ROFL!

"I'll be around," he promised
Hah! SR.
Yes, ma'am! Couldn't help myself. I'd been trying to put one of those in for a while. hehehe!

Isn't Lois reaction to Perry knowing just a little bit overboard?
Considering she hasn't really slept in over 24 hours, I didn't think it was too exagerated... She was probably cranky already. See how she reacted to the two guys - even if she'd been mad at Clark, I don't think she would have been so rude to someone else under normal circumstances.

Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
Lois: That is... totally retarded.
(Smallvile, ep. "Reunion")
I noticed this, too. I see you also liked it.
wink yep! I loved that line, it just killed me. LOL! totally retarded... LMAO!!!
Still looking for the perfect sig, though... Eventually I might find it. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, Lara! goofy

"What? That he's..." Perry traced an 'S' in the air with his index, "Of course I know."

Lois jumped to her feet, her cheeks reddening with anger. "Well isn't that just great! I suppose everybody knows and I was the only one left that was completely clueless?
Poor Lois! hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks Andreia!! I'm glad you liked it.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
ok, so I said in the Kerth Buzz thread that I liked this story, and then I realized I hadn't FDKed the most recent part. I read it, I *swear*, and enjoyed it, I just didn't quite get to the reply part.
peep

And I'm sure Supes here wishes he'd never met the man...."

At the other man's raised eyebrow, Flash quickly corrected himself. "Right... I'm sure *Superman* wishes he'd never met the Weather Wizard. How's that, Mr. Superman, sir? Better?"
Superhero banter! Great stuff.

"Oh, come on, Lois!" Jimmy said, laughing. "What d'you think? That he's going to sneak a peak at your underwear? I doubt he's interested in knowing what color it is!"
If only you knew, Jimmy...

"Just heat, I promise," Superman confirmed.
Yep, plenty of heat. blush

"What? That he's..." Perry traced an 'S' in the air with his index, "Of course I know."
I have *always* thought that Perry would have figured this out and fairly quickly. He is as perceptive as Lois, and he didn't have the stumbling block of love keeping him blind.

And Lois is pissed. Typical Lois!

So when do we get the make up scene, Lara? laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read it, I *swear*, and enjoyed it, I just didn't quite get to the reply part.
hehehe - no worries. smile

Thanks for the comments, Lisa. I appreciate it!!

So when do we get the make up scene, Lara? laugh
I'm trying to finish it now... wink I won't bother you with the details of why I haven't gotten around to it yet... most of it has to do with office work which I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention anyway.

But it's coming. I promise. It's coming. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard