Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is the feedback thread for my vignette, " When the Snitch Didn\'t Snitch (He Got His Reward) ."

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
HA! That was sweet. I'm going back to read it again; I still have foggy morning brain thus didn't keep a great reading flow with the whole number part.

Thanks for posting!!! dance

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute idea! I always did like Bobby bigmouth. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was wondering why I wasn't getting any notices for feedback on this thread. Turns out, I hadn't turned on the e-mail notification. Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. smile

I know the whole numbers thing was kind of confusing--just keep in mind that the "What?" isn't actually one of the questions, and that there are 3 "How?"s.

I tried not to actually have them say the whole questions at first, but to explain the answers enough so that you could get what the questions were, but from the way my sister got confused from reading it this morning, I don't think I was all that successful.

Of course, she HAD only had about four hours of sleep right before it, so I can't be sure.

The whole idea was that both Lois and Bobby knew what they were talking about--mostly--so they didn't need to actually voice the questions until they were being answered.

Thanks once again for the comments!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
laugh Good to see a story featuring Bobby...he was a fun character. It makes sense that he would have figured out Clark's secret and assumed that Lois knew too. Nice that even snitches know when to keep their big mouths shut! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That was cute, Darcy! I liked Bobby too, but I never thought about his knowing The Secret, especially before Lois did. Quite a turnaround, and you brought it off well, despite a lack of quality rest.

Hey, maybe that's what you need to get your creative juices flowing! You know, I think I still have some old mettalic alarm clocks in my garage -

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic! Of course Bobby would work it out. He knows everything, right? Right!

Plus, I'm such a sucker for supporting-character fics.

*loves* Wonderful vignette — thanks for sharing it on the boards!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great idea! I never would have thought about Bobby knowing the secret. Loved Lois and Bobby's conversation.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the great comments!

And I actually think you've got the whole thing backwards, Terry--I lacked sleep when I wrote this, and it turned out a bit more confusing than I usually like my writing to be. But it was an idea, and I had to get it down.

Actually, I was planning on having Bobby say something before the first line of the story, and forgot to put it in once I found out which episode I was trying to set the story in. The story wasn't meant to begin with Lois's initial reaction, but I figured once it was posted I'd leave it as-is.

Thanks again!

Darcy\'s Place
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All I can say is that I was enthralled by the story and I enjoyed it. dance

Carry on Bobby - your trust is very special!

SNL

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard