Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28525 03/15/06 02:11 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
"I'm never going to be able to give you children, the agencies turned us down -- that was our last hope. Why do you even want to stay married to me?"

Jonathan abruptly laid the Almanac down on the couch and got to his feet. In two steps he had closed the distance between them and put his hands on her shoulders.
This is so powerful, Nan... this moment right here, of Jonathan putting down what he's doing and rushing to her like that - you show how much he loves her, how young they are and scared (so different from the parents we saw on the series, who are so established in their relationship and with who they are that all they have to do is try to help Clark - and at times Lois, too - get to that place) and her words, her feelings, his reaction... thumbsup and also their deep love...

And then this moment - the meteor laugh They will get those dreams they so deserve!
For ten years she and her husband had dreamed of a baby.
So, okay, this is predictable, Nan, as you said <g>, but that doesn't make it any less wonderful. I really enjoyed this!

~NICOLE smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
this is so lovely, Nan! thumbsup

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! clap

"My Lord," Jonathan said.

"Oh, Jonathan!" she breathed.

They stood looking at the tiny ship and the baby, and Martha knew in that instant that they would not report this incredible event. If someone, somewhere, would coldly shoot a baby into space in this strange ship, what else might they do once they got the child back?

No, they would figure something else out. For ten years she and her husband had dreamed of a baby. Their dreams had finally come true.
Beautiful! clap

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
This is beautiful, Nan. We really get to feel how devastated Martha was when she learned she couldn't have children. And we see how that pain stayed with her. Now we truly understand why Clark was so special for her. He didn't need to be super.

I always wondered why there were no fics revolving around Jonathan and Martha after the young couple came to the door. You'd thing it would be part of the Kent lore. O well.

gerry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting take on the story!

I still have you. If I didn't, all the children in the world wouldn't make up for it.
Now we know where Clark's speech in Family Hour stems from I guess! Learned it from his father. Very sweet and touching. Enjoyed reading it.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's lovely, Nan. I love the way you make us see Jonathan through Martha's eyes, and makes us see how much she loves him - and how much he loves her. I love the way you show us that Jonathan and Martha may not always agree on things - whether or not they should spend more money on a possible adoption, whether or not a science fiction movie is plausible or not - but even when they disagree, they do so in a loving way. How right Martha was to insist they they stop spending money to get to adopt, so that Jonathan wouldn't lose the farm that had been in his family for generations.

I love your vivid description of Clark's spaceship, too:
It was smooth and silver, all symmetrical lines and graceful curves. It had a rounded nose and what looked like a hatch on the top, but it was much too small to be a rocket from Kennedy Space Center, Martha thought. Besides, it didn't look anything like the great boosters that lifted the space capsules that lifted the space capsules bearing the astronauts into orbit. In fact, it didn't look like any craft that she had ever seen except perhaps on the cover of a science fiction magazine or a comic book.
Nan, as a space buff and long-time comic book reader I just love this. I can so, so see the rocket before me, the way you describe it. How appropriate, too, that Martha should be the one to assess and classify the little space craft, seeing that between her husband and herself, she is the science fiction buff!

I love it, Nan. It's vivid and real, and it's the very best kind of waffiness.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There is absolutely clap

Lovely story, Nan.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh...so what is was predicatable. But it was lovely. It was so emotional. I really enoyed it. notworthy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, Nan, that was beautiful.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
That was great! So beautiful!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thank you, Nan. What a lovely vignette! Your writing is sound and touching. No wonder Martha and Jonathan were able to keep the secret of how they found Clark for so many years.

LaurieD

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard