Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28368 03/11/06 09:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This continues to be fun, but I'm wondering what kind of spoke Norma's gonna thrust in the superhero wheel... assuming she ever puts things together, but if there wasn't a fairly good chance, at any rate, I don't think you'd write the scene laugh Unless she's going to be the next victim eek

This is good, gimme more! smile

PJ
p.s., congrats on the Kerth noms! smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#28369 03/11/06 10:32 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28370 03/12/06 02:47 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Woot!! hyper

Expecting more soon! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#28371 03/12/06 06:20 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, really, really nice!

Of course, me the die-hard Lois fan was extremely happy to see Ultra Woman! And she was right to scare those junior police officers or whoever they were, who wouldn't let her see Henderson:
As he spoke, the pink-clad form of Ultra Woman appeared in the doorway behind Johnny. "Nice of you to see me, Henderson."

Johnny fled. Lois entered the room and shut the door with a firm click.

"Really, Lois," Henderson said mildly, "you don't need to scare the kids to death. A phone call would be sufficient."

"I called four times. Your secretary -- or whoever she was -- kept telling me you were busy," Lois said, darkly. "I needed to ask you for a favor, so I decided to come in person."
Yay! Go, Lois! hyper

Of course, the focus of this chapter isn't on Lois (which is a pity) but on Henderson (which, on the other hand, isn't bad at all!) I felt a lot of sympathy for Henderson when I read this:
The Police Commissioner's was just as exhilarating as Henderson had expected. He didn't go to sleep, but it was a near thing
Yeah... haven't we all been to meetings like that one? Since there's no "asleep" icon, I'll have to pick the "rolleyes" one! :rolleyes:

And hey! Isn't this the kind of presumptuousness that can drive you slightly crazy?
Then had come the discussion of the recent appearance of the Black Knight and the reappearance of Ultra Woman. Apparently, the city had received a request to transfer one of them to New York City
A request to "transfer" one of these heroes to do unpaid heroic work in a place where they don't live.... The nerve of such a "request"!!!

Ah, and Henderson is going to give a speech at Metropolis High. Like Maria, I loved this:
"Oh. Well, good luck. Watch out for the groupies."

"Yeah, right," Henderson said. Wrong age bracket."
rotflol

And the next few sentences are equally as fun:
Wolfe snorted. "They don't seem to think so about the Knight. He must be about your age."

"Yeah, but I don't fly," Henderson said. "Big handicap; besides, can you see me running around in that getup?"
Actually, Nan, when Henderson put it like that, I, too, thought he might possibly look just a little silly in a superhero suit. Well, precisely because he seems to be a little too old for it. Not for the heroism, but for the spandex. How old is he anyway? Forty? Forty-five? Fifty?

Oh, well. I'm definitely enjoying myself, and I'm looking forward to more. Of course, it goes without saying that I hope we'll be seeing more of Ultra Woman, too! Hey - I don't even mind seeing Superman putting in an appearance! smile

Ann

#28372 03/12/06 07:28 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, it's a one-piece suit with no cape, and isn't skin-tight. Sue made it for him. All the questions you asked are covered in "Supercop". http://lcfanfic.com/stories/2004/supercop.txt It also explains how Lois became Ultra Woman again.

If you read that, it should answer everything. Henderson met Sue when he was 40 and has been married to her for 2 years.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#28373 03/12/06 10:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, Nan, for writing more. I've always enjoyed the way you develop Henderson and other usually-peripheral characters in your stories. Yes, the main characters are important, but it is a delight to enjoy stories where *all* of the characters are well-developed. Thank you for sharing your talent and time. love

#28374 03/12/06 11:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
looking foreward to reading this on Moday.

James

EDIT

Ok, read this one. Great post. Nice progression and yeah, I think Norma is sooo in trouble...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard