Lois growled in frustration as the next turn brought them right back to same street they had already traversed a dozen times, already. She and Clark would probably never get out of here. Heck, they might as well buy a house and live here! The winding, back-tracking roads were probably how this town built its population up.

“Hold on...” Clark pulled the new phone out of his jacket pocket. Jimmy had insisted that these 'smart phones' were the way of the future, though paying that much for a cell phone still felt a little wrong to both of them. “Let me try that new app Jimmy was telling me about; maybe it'll help.”

“App?” Lois echoed, taking her eyes off the road just long enough to shoot her husband a quizzical glance.

“It's a program the phone can run,” Clark explained. “This one is supposed to be able to tell you where you are and how to get where you're going.”

While he typed the address into the device, Lois let out a snort. “As crazy as these roads are, you'd probably need a room full of super-computers to figure out how to get where we're going.” Her eyes narrowed as a familiar convenience store reappeared in her vision. “Oh come on!” she snapped.

“Here!” Clark tapped the screen one last time, and the phone jingled.

A soft, feminine voice with a slight British accent announced, “After three quarters of a mile, turn left onto...McKinley Boulevard.”

Lois gave a dubious frown, but did as she was told. At the device's bidding, she made a few more turns, merged into and out of a couple of freeways, then sighed with relief as the scenery finally changed into something more promising. “I think it worked!” She flashed a grin at Clark, but it vanished when she saw the look on his face. “Trouble?”

Clark nodded. “Yeah. Can you pull over, up here?”

“Of course!” Lois pulled into the first gas station they came across. Clark jumped out before the car had even finished stopping. “Be careful, Honey!” she called.

Clark sped off towards the disaster as quickly as he could, changing into his tights in mid-flight. A semi had crashed through a railing and now hung suspended over a cliff; luckily, what little traffic there was on this road had stopped, and no one seemed to be hurt. In a flash, he darted down beneath the cab of the tuck and lifted it back onto the pavement.

Onlookers cheered as the driver opened his door and stepped out, shaken but unharmed. “Thank you, Superman! I owe you my life!” He clapped a hand on the hero's shoulder.

“No problem, Sir,” Clark replied with a smile. “You should probably let the EMT's check you out, just in case.”

The man nodded at first, but then a puzzled frown creased his forehead. “Hey, Superman? Do you hear something?”

Clark went quiet, listening, then winced when he heard the soft voice coming from under his cape.

“Now make a U-turn.”

The End

~•~