I just re-read Chip Off the Old Clark by Stopquitdont
, and it gave me an idea for a story premise. Seeing as I'm better at coming up with premises than turning them into fully-formed stories, I thought I'd throw it out there as a challenge.
Leigh-Anne Stipanovic is actually Clark's old college girlfriend who, unbeknownst to him, he knocked up shortly before they broke up and went their separate ways. Now her son Jesse (who is necessarily a bit older than in the show) is starting to develop super powers, and Leigh-Anne is overwhelmed and needs super-help.
* Does she know that Clark is the father? If not, why not? (She was assaulted near the end of their relationship, she had a drunk one-night-stand after they broke up, she slept around during their relationship or right after, he used a super-amnesia kiss... oh wait; wrong Superman genre
* Does she go on TV and claim that she had Superman's love child?
* If not, how does she go about contacting Clark?
* If she doesn't know that Clark's the dad, how does she go about contacting Superman? Is it publicly or privately?
* What's the fallout from Leigh-Anne finding out that Clark is Superman? (her reaction, her willingness to keep the secret, her feelings about unknowingly being impregnated by an alien and figuring out that her son is half-human)
* Who else knows that Jesse has super powers? (Family? Friends? Has he accidentally used his powers in public?)
* What is Lois' reaction when Clark admits that it's possible that Jesse is his?
* What is Clark's reaction to being a father? To not being told about Jesse sooner?
* How does this all affect Lois and Clark's relationship?
* How does everyone adjust to a new "normal"?