Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More soon, please.

MAF smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent part!!! help

Guess it has to come out sooner or later... Poor Clark! I have a feeling I know who caused his insecurities, but I'm interested to hear this take on things.

It seems like Lois has a lot of reassuring ahead of her, but sounds like she is up to task. Quite a different take on things here, with Lois being the one confident of their relationship...

More soon!!!

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Anyone else surprised by Wendy's tactics in this instalment? How in the begining she hints at this great feast of a 'conversation' between Lois and Clark and winds up in only giving us the appetizers? Me neither.

Wendy, I'd tell you this was a good instalment and that Lois' thought processes were well drawn out. And that Clark's lunkheaded insecurities were in character for the man you've painted so far. I could do that, but why? You already know it and I wouldn't want to bore you with such trivial comments.

Instead, I think I need to remind you that we've had a paucity of whams so far and the story is just crying out for something. The more horrific the better.

So, all I can say is... bring on the evil.

Tank (who will forgo even mentioning Lois' need for a haircut this time)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good stuff, Wendy smile They both still have insecurities, and this conversation should help them both. And I like the way Lois trapped Clark into sharing his, now that she's already shared hers <g> Seems Clark wasn't the only one thinking, while waiting for the pizza...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another wonderful section, Wendy.

It's interesting that this Lois, although scared at the thought of how important Clark had become to her so quickly, is not too scared to confront it. She doesn't run and hide; she'll talk about it and face her fears and is making Clark talk too. Is it that this Lois is different, or is it that the circumstances of their relationship are different. Both Loises have been scarred by bad relationships in the past, but in the show Clark became her best friend while she was dazzled by the god in a cape. So once she recognized her developing attraction for Clark (which maybe she had had all along), she was then also afraid of losing their friendship.

But here there aren't months of friendship to risk losing (so we could move into the romance - and smoochies - right away smile ). She recognized her attraction for Clark immediately, even though she did try to deny it, and now she is determined to work past both of their insecurities because she wants a relationship with him.

You mentioned in your comments to the last section that you were worried that you might be going over the top with Clark's insecurities. Well, at this point I don't think so - there's no doubt that this Clark is obsessing and questioning the possibility that Lois might *actually* be able to care for him as he really is...and finds it difficult to believe. So the scarring from this teenage incident is deep, but whether or not the incident was that horrible or whether it actually seemed to grow in his mind over the passing years, we don't know yet.

Will we know soon? The dreaded ***** came out, interestingly enough wink , before Clark said anything. Will the next section - now that Lois has shared something of her past with him and neatly turned the tables - reveal this incident, or will there be more delaying tactics?

After all, this is a Wendy story - she's very good at that... laugh

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Wendy,

Tank said,
Instead, I think I need to remind you that we've had a paucity of whams so far and the story is just crying out for something. The more horrific the better.

So, all I can say is... bring on the evil.
razz No Evil, Please. evil

MAF eek

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part Wendy!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I love how perceptive and open Lois is being with Clark. So hopefully after he tells her about Lana he will then kiss her sensless. Great job as usual Wendy. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice section, Wendy! smile1

I'm glad that Perry's so smart. wink They ARE most definitely a great team, and the sooner they make that permanent the better it is for the Planet (and for us readers <g>).

And poor Clark with his continuing insecurities, holding on to his denial that Lois could ever really be attracted to him because he's 'Different'. :rolleyes:

So he was far too used to keeping his distance, to avoiding relationships, and to assuming that in any case no woman he was interested in would be able to accept him the way he was.

Lois, on the other hand, knew what there was to know about him. And she not only accepted it; she seemed to revel in what he could do. So didn’t that suggest...?
The poor boy, he has so much doubt about himself. But at least he realizes that Lois is different. If he can just accept how she really feels about him...instead of being stupid and pulling the whole "for her own good" bit. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wendy

An excellent part!
I love this story. smile1

He had somewhere to go; somewhere in the big city where he was welcome. Where his host knew all about him - how he was different, and that he might not be human - and she still wanted his company. His companionship. Maybe even his friendship.
I can sense Clark's relief and his surprise that Lois really does want to work and be with him. Hopefully he will realize that Lois means what she says. That he doesn't have to run any more. clap

&#8220;It is important,&#8221; she said, contradicting him. &#8220;But that's not the only reason why I needed to tell you. I think you have something you need to tell me too. About the reason why you can't let yourself trust me when I say that I'm attracted to you. The reason you assume that because you're different no woman could ever want to be with you. Don't you?&#8221;
Lois certainly is perceptive. I love her confidence and trust in Clark. Her story about Claude is so heart-wrenching. mecry
And Clark wanting to teach Claude a lesson is great.

I'm completely hooked and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good part, Wendy! No smoochies? mecry

Hah! Foiled!! Oh well... I’ll just have to make sure there are no smoochies in the next part. Can’t have everyone guessing my tactics, can I?

And anyway, I wouldn’t want to bore readers
Aargh! Sorry, folks. My mistake for pointing this out, so Wendy got her revenge on us by not including any great smoochies in this segment. But I'll foil her attempts to deny us our WAFFs. I'll comment anyway even without any smoochies. So there! wink

What woman would want to build a relationship with someone like him?
Boy did he suffer some psychological damage from Lana. Hopefully, talking all of it out with Lois will help him get over it.

prosecutors were confident that bail would be denied. Which was fortunate, in Clark’s view; he was very sure that Luthor would seek revenge on Lois. Not that being confined in prison was likely to hamper someone of Lex Luthor’s resources, of course, and he was determined to keep a very close guard on Lois for the time being.
Foreshadowing, Wendy? Well, we all knew Lex would be back. After all, death doesn't even stop this guy.

Lane and Kent.

It sounded good. No, it sounded *great*
“One more thing. You two obviously make a great team. Either of you have any objections to being partnered permanently?”

The question was addressed to both of them, but Clark noticed that Perry’s attention was primarily directed at Lois. He wondered if the editor was expecting resistance from her. She smiled, however, shaking her head. “I think that’s an excellent idea, Chief.”

“Are you feeling all right, Lois?” Perry asked, concerned.

“Never felt better, Chief,” Lois said airily. “Why?”
The start of a beautiful partnership in more ways than one.

Normally, Lois would have been itching to stay, to see what else was going on and what the other big stories for the morning edition were. She’d have wanted to watch the TV screens to see how the story of Luthor’s arrest, broken in full by the Planet and followed by every other media outlet in the city, was being covered, and she’d have revelled in once again being the Planet’s star reporter.

But not tonight.

Now, all she wanted to do was to get Clark Kent alone and have that long talk with him she’d been promising herself
It's good Lois has her priorities in order. The old Mad Dog would never have done this. But fortunately for both of them, she was able to recognize her feelings for Clark before the whole "work colleague" and "God in a cape" started FUD'ing (is that a word? Probably not) her thoughts.

Maybe she should just kiss him senseless instead, she decided as they emerged into the parking garage.
So where is it?!?!? laugh

Yes; she knew why he’d be dashing off occasionally, and that also meant that she could cover for him. She’d probably better start thinking up some good excuses!
Even with so little experience with the superhero, she's already worked out the ramifications and is already accepting.

Last night, you said you wouldn’t assume anything where she was concerned! So why are you assuming she’s going to reject you? Or, worse still, thinking about making that decision for her?
At least Clark recognizes he's a lunkhead.

As for Lois' story with Claude, she accomplished two things by telling Clark about it. It told Clark why she'd acted like such a b*tch when they first met. Also, it helped lead Clark into confessing his own insecurities.

“Who was she, Clark? What did she do to you?”
Lois is amazingly perceptive into what makes Clark tick. Very strange considering the Lois we know from the TV show.

Can't wait for the next part!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You describe Clark's fears so well:

He was still barely daring to hope. Despite his decision that morning not to attempt to prejudge or predict Lois’s feelings towards him, it was very difficult to set aside years of conditioning and the decision he’d come to after Lana. Lois was attracted to him; she’d proved that by taking the initiative and kissing him after he’d taken her home. But she’d been dead on her feet - she couldn’t have been thinking straight!

And anyway, there was a huge difference between being attracted to someone and actually wanting a relationship with them.

And, of course, he knew that Lois hadn’t had nearly enough time yet to come to terms with what he was.

Abnormal.

Probably not even human.

What woman would want to build a relationship with someone like him?

At least, that was what he’d always thought. Was it possible that Lois was the one woman who could accept him as he was?
What a super move Lois takes by letting him to hear her humilating secret first. Showing him the ultimate trust hopefully helps him to open, also. Trust for trust.

Gabriele
Blogger
Blogger
Hey Wendy! I'm back and out of lurkdom again so sorry for not giving any feedback on your story lately (I'm so busy it's even disgusting puaagh! goofy )

Well, I've been reading all parts and I have to say that this story, once again, has become one of my favorites!, and to think I do not like angst very much! wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, I just caught up on several months' worth of this story, and... wow! goofy

More soon, please. smile

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
another great segment - as expected
but I wanted smoochies
next time I hope
more soon please
merry

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I haven't any deep insights or clever comments to make. Just hurry up on the next part, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice post, wendy. smile

love lois's reaction to the partnership and perry's reaction to lois's reaction. laugh

lois's "kiss him senseless" plan was cool, too. smile

wasn't quite sure what tipped lois off to the fact that clark was offering to go around the world for take-out.

good conversation over pizza. i like lois's insightfulness at the end.

sorry i don't have more to say. it's not the story. i've just been a little shy of fully coherent these past few nights. just been a little more tired than usual, i guess.

anyway, looking forward to seeing more of this, and hopefully i'll be awake enough to read the next post properly the first time. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY! More WLMC! And I finally have to read it! *happy sigh*

Poor Perry, he has no idea what he's up against. Partnering the best writing team he has permanently and then having doubts they might not like it. I wonder when he starts noticing what *is* going on between Lois and Clark.

Was this going to be the future of her relationship with Clark? Lois wondered as she pulled out into the road again and continued on her way home. Both professional and personal? Seeing him rush off to help people; seeing his anguished expression when there was nothing he could do? Comforting him afterwards if he hadn’t been able to save someone? - she already knew Clark well enough to understand that the immense reserves of compassion he possessed would also make him very vulnerable.
This a wonderful and strong para. It gives us such a good insight in Lois. It just shows how intelligent and considering she is. Very nice thumbsup And the next lines are great too. Thinking of excusing... rotflol

And it only continues that way. I really like this Lois Lane.

I have this feeling I still need to say something.... ah, yes. A lack of whams. For once, and only once <g>, I'm not complaining. But only if you promise to post more by Wednesday.

Saskia (en nu vraag je je natuurlijk af waarom ik niet zeur... nou, ik heb ze al genoeg gelezen de afgelopen week, leen mijn studieboeken maar laugh )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow. I couldn't resist the urge to start reading this series any longer - but now i'm hooked so please post more soon!!

I love this alternate beginning - great to see Luthor get his comeuppance this early laugh and the developing L/C relationship is refreshingly different, whilst sticking to the canon we all know and love wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard