Next Thread
Print Thread
#2721 06/06/03 04:30 PM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Superman always tells the truth!
"I can safely say," Clark said, "that I didn't set foot outside the house again until this morning, when I took the kids to school. Detective, this is beginning to sound pretty serious. Do you have any idea why Johnson was killed?"
AHA!!!!
And suddenly, she found her attention riveted.

Clark's head came up in a way she found very familiar. He got to his feet with an impression of restrained haste and made a direct line toward the short flight of stairs that led to the elevator.
Oh, this is so good, Nan. Great advancement of the A plot. If Ellen didn't have such strong preconceived conclusions, she'd see what was happening.
cool
Artemis rotflol

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

"I expect you can read about it in the paper, ma'am," Wolff said. "Excuse me." He rang for the elevator again and the doors opened almost immediately.

Ellen looked after him for several seconds, feeling stunned. It seemed as if the "meeting" Clark and this Candy woman had been involved in was genuine, after all. Maybe whatever was going on wasn't what she had thought it was. On the other hand, what was a society columnist doing involved in a murder investigation -- or Clark, for that matter? Of course, her son-in-law was an investigative journalist, so maybe that wasn't so far-fetched, but the police were hardly going to be voluntarily involving a reporter unless there was a more direct connection.
:rolleyes: Ellen need a lot to learn about their work.

Clark's head came up in a way she found very familiar. He got to his feet with an impression of restrained haste and made a direct line toward the short flight of stairs that led to the elevator.

Ellen stood perfectly still, hoping he wouldn't notice her. With single-minded attention, Clark went up the steps, one hand groping for his tie in a familiar gesture. Never glancing at her, he disappeared through the door to the stairs. The door swung shut behind him.

So, he did it at work, too? Ellen stood looking at the door for several seconds, frowning slightly. She'd focussed on his unexplained absences, but it had never occurred to her before that the particular behavior she had just witnessed was pretty strange, whatever the reason.
eek She had see him doing his escape.

He laughed. "They don't call her Mad Dog Lane for nothing. Tell her I'll have that list of employees from the Valentine's Ball ready by this evening."

Ellen managed to smile at him, although the expression seemed stiff and unnatural. "I will."
:rolleyes: She had the opportunity to ask and she didn't.

The keys were gone. She must have dropped them somewhere.

For a moment, she couldn't believe her bad luck. That key ring had been a gift from Sam, and on it she had her penthouse key, the key to the Lane condominium and the key to Lois's and Lucy's houses as well as the key to the Taurus.
mad Now everyone is in danger. Great Ellen!

"The vehicle has apparently been vandalized," the man said. "A witness reported seeing a man slashing the tires."
:rolleyes: Is going to be a surprise when he find out who is the witness.

To get back to write. blush

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Excellent segment, Nan. Loved Ellen's impersonation of Lois at her most rampant and Mad Dog. goofy Good thing she didn't find Clark's Superman organiser when she was ferreting around, huh? laugh

Things are racheting up nicely - eager to see what's next. And whether Ellen finds out Clark's little secret before he gets around to telling her. LOL!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

An excellent part! thumbsup thumbsup

Great A-plot development! clap
It looks as though Ellen may be in danger. eek
Hopefully Lois and Clark will get a chance to tell her their secret soon.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seems like we've got a very industrious stalker! Killing off dates, ruining her other rides home... and now he's got the keys to *lots* of houses. Great. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Ellen's going to get up close and personal with Superman pretty soon...

Oh, and I liked the bit about how Clark hadn't set foot out of the house all night laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Nan, just catching up. This segment, as well as the first two, have me riveted. I love the way you're developing Ellen's character and her suspicions while creating an exciting A-plot.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
The plot thickens!

Good stuff, I too think that Ellen might stumble over Supes sooner rather than later. The whole stalker thing is making me *shiver* thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

You're building another great story here, full of intrigue and tension. The stalker is clearly intent on getting rid of his rivals. I wonder what else he has planned for Clark.

I love your interpretation of Ellen and I'm sure she'll get mixed up in the stalker's activities somewhere. wink

Can't wait for the next part.
Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
shock ARRGGHHH!!!!!!!! shock

House keys, Labeled even! Ellen, Ellen, Ellen tsk...(and yes I realize that only Ellen LANE's name is on the keys, but that will be more than enough...

Can't wait until Monday after next.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
wonderful as usual
Ellen has put them all in danger
more soon please
merry

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Have just started reading this and got totally drawn in. Excellent characterisation of Ellen and very compelling plot!

More soon please!
HC wave

PS this from part 1 had me rotflol
holding her hand. Didn't Lois see how suspicious that was? They had been married for nearly twelve years.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard