Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Mike M Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well I never expected to find the term exothermic used in a fan fiction so I am impressed. You probably could have explained it a bit more directly but I got what you meant when Clark was reasoning that Superman should have been drawing energy (endothermic) as he used his powers rather than generating energy.

Too bad this episode was prior to Bernie Klein's introduction in the series but I would have thought that Clark/Lois/Superman could have found a credentialed engineer to go with Superman to the remote island, witness the demonstration, take readings, and testified in Superman's behalf in court. One thing I did not really get with the court aspect of this story was how they took the 'theory' of some 'scientist' as basic fact but when Superman demonstrated the opposite is actually what happens they seem to think that this is not sufficient evidence to stop the proceedings. Of course having Superman defend himself is generally always a mistake, a credible defense attorney would have found his own 'expert' witness and after discussion with Superman that expert would have testified in an opposite direction from the prosecution's 'expert' witness. Having Superman there to give a demonstration of the new theory would have been a nice piece of showmanship also. Of course that would have been boring and kept the tension of Superman and Clark leaving Metropolis and Lois' desperate effort to find out what was really going on out of the episode.

Nice job. I enjoyed it but it could be too scientific for most.

Mike (Mech Engineer/Computer Programmer)

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Mike M, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard