Print Thread
#269055 02/18/16 07:46 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yay, it's finished!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was a realistic ending. It's just like Lois to rush things now that she knew what end was up. Who needed two weeks vacation after taking 5 days? wave (Well, besides the REST of us?)

I'm glad the Daily Planet decided to give Clark a second (third?) chance. I can understand Perry's hesitancy after what happened to Lois when Clark left the last time. Clark certainly was worse off than before (financially) and it had been a stretch to afford the Clinton apartment back then. What was he going to do for accommodation until his contract had been renewed?

Back in Metropolis for less than a day and Superman's already waist deep in people needing rescues. At least, Clark has his romance with Lois to improve his outlook on life. It was the only positive action that came out of his quick departure from the year before. It's true that young love seems to make even the worse hardships not seem so bad.

EDIT: I just realized that I didn't say how much I liked this story. smile It was very sweet and I liked Lois working hard to get Clark, despite his lunkheaded tendency. Better that she work hard for a Clark who we know will love and appreciate her than for a Luthor or a Dan (who although nice, isn't right for her).

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/19/16 02:22 AM. Reason: praise!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This story could certainly go much further. I thought it was interesting that Clark would have a certain amount of trouble getting his job back - that was realistic. There are still issues to work out with Superman and Clark reappearing in Metropolis at the same time. The opportunities for continuing this in a sequel are wide open. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
In haste...

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I liked Lois working hard to get Clark, despite his lunkheaded tendency. Better that she work hard for a Clark who we know will love and appreciate her

It's worth more if you work for it, right? smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It was the only positive action that came out of his quick departure from the year before.

Yes, it was. I probably could have wrapped the story up in a neat little package, but actions have consequences (especially lunkheaded actions) and even superheroes aren't exempt from that smile
I'm glad you liked the story, Virginia. Thank you for your encouragement with every chapter.

Originally Posted by groobie
I thought it was interesting that Clark would have a certain amount of trouble getting his job back - that was realistic.
Yes, I thought that worked better than Clark just being welcomed back with open arms.

Originally Posted by groobie
The opportunities for continuing this in a sequel are wide open.
I've discovered that it's much harder to keep a long story flowing if there's no A-plot. If I do write a sequel to this, it'll have both. Actually, right now I'd need a lot of convincing before I attempted to write another long story without an A-plot.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is back in Metropolis, has his job at the Planet, and Lois and Clark are officially together hyper clap hyper.

I'm really glad that things worked out dance!

But, I'm also really glad that Clark didn't easily have things work out. Yes he was hurt when he left, but still, he left without warning. He only thought of himself. Even though I wanted everything to go back to 'nornal' when Clark returned (excluding, obviously, 'Lois'--I loved the progression between the two), I'm glad that you are making him work for what he had.

You added some reality that I think was a great note to end on.

Really enjoyed the story, Feli hyper. I found myself very much looking forward to seeing the story post every few days.

Wonderful job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You know, I never did comment on the ending of this story. It was very realistic. What other company would allow an employee to return after nearly a year's absence besides The Daily Planet? Clark's departure was never explained, so they were understandably nervous about hiring him again. The one thing that saved him was having a good reputation to begin with and the suits upstairs don't want to be scooped by the Star.

If nothing else, this will cause Clark to think very seriously about pulling a 'disappearing act' again.

Brava!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard