#269013 02/15/16 01:51 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Almost done!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! Things are definitely looking up for our couple smile.

I'm glad that they talked, I'm glad that Lois seems to understand Clark pretty well from the get-go. She understands immediately that Clark can't turn himself 'off' when he's Superman, and likewise, Superman doesn't disappear when Clark is being himself. He is a bit of both, all mixed together and perfect.

And, I really think that this rescue is a blessing in disguise. Knowing Clark is also Superman is one thing, living it out is another. Something big like this--the oil spill--gave Lois a really good taste of what she is getting into. Hopefully it cemented everything further...cause Clark definitely was thrilled that she was there for him on his return.

Looking forward to seeing how the end plays out. Great job! hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was beginning to worry if Clark would fly off (tired of waiting) and they'd miss each other again. I love that he was pacing the ceiling when she returned. Great image; also that Lois's give-and-take of love was turning him literally upside-down. So Clark.

I'm glad that Lois thought this through. The pros and the cons and didn't just focus on the fact that he lied. It's good that they talked about Dan. Clark needed to know that it was his actions (his disappearance) that brought Dan back into Lois's life.

Yea! Lois finally hammered it into Clark's head that he isn't just Clark nor is he just Superman. He can't turn off half of himself dependent on his clothing. He's both together. Well argued, Lois! clap

I agree with Laura. It's good that Lois saw firsthand what a relationship with Clark/Superman would really be like and that Clark saw how wonderful it was to have someone waiting for him when he returned.

Very sweet.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
I finally got my tail in gear and finished the last chapter. It's very long... Now I can go back to the other story that's been driving me crazy. I'm trying to get as many WIPs finished as I can before starting on something new, but it's hard. I keep coming up with new story ideas- not that I'm complaining!

Originally Posted by LMA
He is a bit of both, all mixed together and perfect.
Laura- I'm not going to fight you there drool

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Clark needed to know that it was his actions (his disappearance) that brought Dan back into Lois's life.

VirginiaR-I agree, he definitely needed to realise just how badly he screwed up.

And I think you're both right about the realities of being in a relationship with Clark/Superman. It's not going to always be sunshine and roses, and Lois needs to know that.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The next part is 'very long'? clap hyper dance smile1 grin.

Sounds great to me smile !

Laura (who is excited that your muse has been keeping you full of ideas...will be looking forward to the results of that thumbsup )

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Word count on the final chapter is just over 3900... All the others have been 2500 or less. I could've broken it into two, I guess, but it wouldn't have broken naturally.

As for writing more... I was recently accepted back into university as a part time student. Classes start in two weeks and I'm super excited about it, I've been wanting to do this degree for years. I certainly intend to keep writing, just I won't have as much time.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats, Feli! clap That is awesome news about school!

We'll be here--for whenever you do have time to post in the future smile.

Excited for you!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/16/16 11:16 PM.

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thank you Laura!

I'm most definitely not deserting the fandom, it's way too much fun smile

Kerth
Kerth
A lot of things happened in the past few parts, all very rapidly. Their lines of communication need serious improvement if they want to show each other that they do, in fact, love each other. This couple needs to build their trust levels or a relationship could never work. Lois choosing to stay while Clark was doing his job as Superman is a good start towards that goal.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard