Print Thread
#268973 02/12/16 01:12 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Shocking revelations for both of them. First, that Lois loved/loves *him*!. Then, the whole Superman thing. Lots to think about for them both. Seeing as how there's only two more parts, I can see this will be resolved pretty quickly. Hopefully with a good outcome for our favorite couple. I liked Clark's reaction to Lois saying she loves him. I can picture the goofy smitten grin on his face. It was good of him to not keep her in the dark anymore. After all, she was the one to track him down. Sarah

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, that was a twist I wasn't expecting!

Lois wouldn't be the reporter she is if she wasn't persistent and gave up after one rejection. hyper Yea for the strong woman willing to throw it in a man's face what a total jerky lunkheaded jerk he's acting like being! Go Lois!

Only Clark would leave town without saying 'goodbye' because he read the signals wrong. He has nobody to blame for feeling horrible for a year than himself.

I wasn't expecting him to go from groaning that she showed up on his doorstep again to telling her about Superman all within one part. He was right though, if they're going to be honest, he needed to step to the plate first.

So does she reject him again and chase Dan to DC?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/12/16 03:01 AM. Reason: word choice

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

What-A-Chapter!

I loved the momentum...

Lois, coming back, demanding answers (and it wasn't even done with an excuse about needing her clothing she left at his place grin). Clark, after the knee-jerk of leaving Metropolis last year, telling her immediately that he's Superman when he senses 'they' are moving forward (way to go, Clark dance !). Lois, letting it slip out, that she loves him ( love! clap ! ). KISSING hyper. And the cliff-hanger that will have me on edge till you post again notworthy.

This time he didn’t resist. Leaning forward, he captured her lips with his. For a moment she resisted him, then he felt her lips move under his and silently exulted. Oh, how he’d missed kissing her! She threaded her fingers through the hair at the back of his neck, tugging him closer as her tongue sought, and received, access to his mouth. He moaned deep in his throat as the tip of her tongue found his and pulled her off the couch into his arms, holding her tightly against him as he explored her mouth. All too soon, she was pulling away from him, making him groan in disappointment as she broke their kiss.

Great paragraph hail. I love that after a year of overthinking, Clark ACTS! Doesn't think. Doesn't plan. Follows his heart smile.

Awesome job!!!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/13/16 02:22 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She got up and walked to the door. Clark trailed behind her.

“Lois? Are- we- okay?”

“I don't know yet. Ask me again tomorrow.”

Oh man, the angst factor just tripled! shock

The rapid fire conversation between these two very complex people was very interesting and real! So glad Clark decided to come clean as the Man in the Spandex Suit. His did not have a proper reason for withholding the truth from Lois, especially if he wanted to have an honest relationship with her.

There are only two chapters left! How are you going to resolve matters with our heroes? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
It's the middle of the night here and I'm up with a child that refuses to go back to sleep, so forgive me if I'm a little rambly or incoherent...

Originally Posted by sarah
I liked Clark's reaction to Lois saying she loves him. I can picture the goofy smitten grin on his face.
Yup, that's pretty much the picture I had in my head when I wrote that bit too smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
So does she reject him again and chase Dan to DC?

shock Okay, I'll admit that I enjoy torturing characters (though I usually fix it in the end), but that's just evil! What an intriguing idea...

Originally Posted by LMA
Lois, coming back, demanding answers (and it wasn't even done with an excuse about needing her clothing she left at his place)
Funny thing is, it wasn't until everyone picked up on that detail in the last chapter that I even *thought* about using the clothes as an excuse for Lois to come back.
Originally Posted by LMA
I love that after a year of overthinking, Clark ACTS! Doesn't think. Doesn't plan. Follows his heart
It's moments like that that make me yell things like "It's about time!" at my TV screen. Pretty sure I yelled that exact phrase at the TV when I first saw UltraWoman...

Originally Posted by Morgana
The rapid fire conversation between these two very complex people was very interesting and real!

Thank you smile They're fun characters to write, and I think the show's writers did a good job of creating characters with a lot of depth and complexity (even if I occasionally complain that some episodes leave something to be desired- but then, that's what fanfic is for smile ). It's something I find sadly lacking in a lot of TV shows- little to no character development.

I just realised that I'm about to post the second last chapter and I haven't finished writing the last one! I need to get my tail in gear... It's almost done, I promise

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard