Print Thread
#264767 07/12/15 06:49 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! This was so heartfelt! Clark smiling at his Kerth award is clearly being seen in my mind's eye.

What a great way to end the day. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderfully written, Feli smile.

I love the title 'Euphoria'--and what it all implies to this episode. Everything that went so right for Clark during this timeframe...the award, his evening with Lois. He looks SO HAPPY, while walking out of the ceramony, Lois on his arm.

Great point how the Kerth would mean so much more to him than the recognition/awards he's recieved as Superman. Very true.

And I enjoyed Clark's admittance that he's his own worst enemy for Lois' affection. I always loved that moment when he comes (as Superman) to her apartment after the ceramony...but also, argh. It's totally a step back for Clark wallbash. Does not help where 'Lois and Clark' are concerned.

Very much enjoyed this story notworthy
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/13/15 12:24 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
I keep doing this. I keep turning up at her window in the Suit- and undermining myself. It's ridiculous, but my greatest rival for Lois' affections- is me. I know I have to stop it, but I'm drawn to her like a moth to a flame.
Yes, that's definitely a major problem! If Clark wanted Lois to see the ordinary man, then he needed to stop doing things that could make her believe that there could ever be any romantic connection with Superman. Sure, it fulfilled a need for him at the time (and it was an adorable scene), but ultimately not conducive to his end game. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like this. After the all the trouble he's dealt with (in S1), it was nice to see Clark happy and euphoric about his Kerth win. And, yet, he still isn't satisfied. It's as if he can't handle too much happiness that he has to go and play triangle with Lois. So, instead of Lois possibly going to bed thinking what a good evening she had with Clark, that how nice it could be having another real date with him, she goes to bed thinking about Superman stopping by. Clark, you are your own worst enemy. You know that, right?

Well done, Feli. It's nice to see Clark happy for a change.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
He really is his own worst enemy. If he hadn't kept showing up at Lois' window, I wonder how much sooner Lois would have given up on the Superman fantasy... hmm.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It's nice to see Clark happy for a change.

You're so right! After all of the grief and pain of the end of S1, it was great to see him so happy. I know he's basically a happy person, but when you think about it, with every thing he deals with in this series, it'd be easy for him to become bitter and depressed.

I'm glad you're all still reading (and hopefully enjoying) these stories. After 23 of them, it'd be very easy to lose interest. So thank you all so much for sticking it out smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard