Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Fáilte romhat, Sara!!!

And what an introduction to the boards! This is terrific! You had me enthralled throughout. You have a lovely touch with introspection, humour and WAFFs. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes, Wendy, I noticed also that the post was not complete (it stops in the middle of a sentence). Could it be one of those posting problems? confused

malu

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Ditto.

Waiting for the rest soon.

Just one question:

What does </st1:place> mean? confused

See ya,

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, excellent start. And I love the subtitle. But you've gotta get the ending added in there, or at least a "to be continued..."

And now I see you have fixed it! smile This was lovely, Sara. Poignant and sweet, and ending up with a big happy sigh. thumbsup I'm not especially a fan of BatP/HoL rewrites, but this one was very nicely done, and either avoids or repairs all the difficulties in the episode. I like rewrites that fix this stuff wink

Anyway... write more, post more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
//Nothing's free with Lex Luthor. With him, you *always* pay.//

...Of course, at that time, she hadn't *really* paid
"Paid" is an interesting word to leave off on, especially with the quote from Clark above. What has she paid since? evil

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ak where is the rest now that you have my interest! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i'll add my comments to the rest: nice start, good flow, lovely work, but it looks like you had some posting problems. please, fix the post and let us know when you do so we can read it properly. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
EDITED after the post was fixed:

Wow. Sara, this was incredible. One minute I'm laughing over the Misadventures of Mad Dog Lane on her way to Clark's apartment, and the next I'm literally in tears over a passage as poignant as this...
The look in his eyes when they were outside on the street - that was even worse than Clark-swearing-undying-love-to-her. That look was one that had never, ever been directed at Lois before, not even by Superman, or Lex - heck, not even by *Clark*!. It was the I-will-love-you-fervently-till-the-end-of-time-whatever-you-say-or-do look. The one that most husbands usually gave their wives when they thought nobody was looking. The look that Lois had often seen on Jonathan Kent's face as he gazed at Martha. The look that she had never seen on Sam Lane's face.

That look.
I am never bored by House of Luthor - if Kaethel ever wants to start a BatP/HoL club, I'm in - and I loved every minute of this story. I liked the background you gave Ellen, and the way we heard her stand up to Lex at the wedding. Lois was having a wonderful conversation with herself in front of the mirror - and I'm certainly glad that the right side won smile1

I was intrigued by the description of Lex as "safe". I've read other fics where Lois has revealed that she wasn't in love with Lex but that in fact was one of the reasons why she was marrying him, since that way she wasn't in danger of losing control, etc. So there would be an issue of "safety" implied, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen the descriptor "safe" used for Lex before. It's rather creepy, knowing what we do about him... eek It was interesting later in the story to see the same "safe" descriptor used for Superman - that, of course, I have seen before, and can easily understand why Lois would think that way, as well as "dangerous" for Clark (yeah, especially when he's in black...) [Linked Image]

I felt so sorry for both of them in this story...and I usually don't have a lot of sympathy for Lois during the BatP arc. And a tremendously waffy and happy ending. [Linked Image]

Thanks so much for this wonderful story, Sara, and I'll be happy to join in the nagging campaign as well. I too hope you've already started your next story!

KathyM wildguy wildguy wildguy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

A wonderful start! smile1

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Having read the comments folder, I'm keen to read this one - any chance it's going to be fixed soon?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have to join the others. An intriguing start, Sara. But where's the rest? You seemingly have us hooked, you can't let us hang there just like that, k? sad
so hurry back with the rest, pretty please... laugh

~Sira

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry everybody! Can't imagine what went wrong... I've edited it now, so the rest should be there... Thanks so much for all your comments so far!

Sara.
peep

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
You already know how much I love this story, Sara! It's a wonderful mixture of insightful introspection about The House of Luthor, great witty scenes like Lois's adventures as she goes to Clark's apartment (I was laughing so hard with every new line that added insult to injury! notworthy

What an introduction to the world of Lois & Clark Fanfiction, Sara! I hope you are already writing your next story, because I'm sure I won't be the only one to start the nagging campain. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I won't be the only one to start the nagging campain.
LET THE NAGGING BEGIN!!!

*major sniff*
That was sooo sweet. We better being seeing more stuff from you, Sara! HoL gets so boring for me sometimes, but I was completely captivated by Lois' thoughts, her trip over to Clark's *snort of laughter*, and Club Smoochie!

Welcome, and continue to write! hyper

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very nice, Sara! I love it when new authors come on the scene, and you definitely have an abundance of writing talent. smile1

I really enjoyed this story. You did a nice job of getting into Lois's thoughts in the opening scene, but I really began to sit up and take notice when you introduced Ellen into the story. When she told Lois to disappear and that she would take care of Lex, I wanted to cheer. I enjoy seeing Ellen redeem herself, and your take on her and Sam's history was unique and creative. And you painted a great picture of Lois's trek to Clark's apartment, too.

All in all, this was a nice mix of poignancy and humor. An impressive first effort. I hope we see a lot more from you in the future. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow what a great job revamping this Ep. I loved all the Chaos Lois went through on the way to Clarks! The last scene with the two of them was just perfect. Although personally I'd love to see an epilogue of Lois's reaction when she finds out he is Superman<g> Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sara, what can i say? that was beautiful. much better than the original. laugh lovely introspection, great conversations, wonderful ending. congratulations on a very good start to your fic writing career. smile

Paul

p.s. for some reason, i'm still seeing a lot of these: </st1:place> they always come after the word "clark," but not after every "clark." not sure what's going on, but if you could delete them, it would be nice. smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice story! thumbsup

Love the way Lois decides to run. Good introspective.

Unlike others, though, I don't think it's proper to leave the "dumping" of Lex to Ellen. Lois doesn't know he's a crook, so she should properly do the dumping herself. Seems very disrespectful to leave it to someone else.

Looking forward to more.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Sara........ great job!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. goofy

I loved the opening sequence with Lois being prepared for the wedding. Especially the tears being not because she was overwhelmed by how beautiful she looked in her paint and dress, but because she didn't in her mind. Very unexpected reversal there.

No! No, stop thinking that way. That path led to Old Friend Pain and Lois had had quite enough of him for the time being. Back to Lex, back to safety... Lex was safe - he couldn't hurt her.
I can't claim to have read all fanfic dealing with this issue, but this is certainly the first time I've read this reasoning for Lois's acceptance of Lex's proposal and you know - it makes perfect sense to me! For the first time I feel as though Lois's actions in HOL are perfectly in character.

Lois' introspection was perfectly rendered throughout - beautifully done.

And yay, Ellen! Way to go! <g>

goofy

You made the screen mist up on me again when Clark spotted Lois outside his apartment door. <snuffle>

"I didn't know where else to go," she finished at last. The pathetic little answer sounded lame to her ears, but from the look on Clark</st1:place>'s face, she had evidently said the right thing.

"Oh, Lois." His voice was now tender, infinite gentleness, and he moved towards her and put his arms around her, pulling her to his chest.
/me reaches for a fresh box of Kleenex....

"I love your tenacity, your courage, your fire, your passion, your determination, your loyalty. I even love your stubbornness. I love the way you demand that the world be a better place. I love your chocolate fixation, your Lethal Weapon craze. I love the way your hair - " His hand reached out of its own accord and swept the silky strands away from her cheek, replacing it with his fingers… " - falls over your face, I love the way your eyes light up when you're teasing me, I love..." Her hand had come up to cover his… "I love *you*, Lois." He finished simply. He watched her, dreading her reply.
More <snuffles> plus <happy waffy sigh>

"Lex who?" she asked innocently, and touched her lips to his.
Woohoo!! Yay!!

Absolutely superb, Sara!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful, waffy, funny story with us. Write more soon, you hear?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard